PDA

View Full Version : planning ahead - 2008!

raschel
04-04-2007, 11:46 AM
am planning a trip to the world june 2008. being the uber planner i am, and wanting to get the most for my $$ - what advise (other than magical journeys) does anyone have? when's the best time to book, any suggestions - don't want to wait too late - and miss any deals. also already have tickets from a postponed trip so what can i realistically expect in the type of savings i can get (ie: room only?)
THANKS!:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
04-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Here's some information on historic discounts (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/discounts/historicdiscounts.asp). Discounts are pretty scarce in June since it is the beginning of summer vacation season.

For a room only, you should be able to go ahead and book now with just one night's deposit (at this year's rate that would be adjusted when next year's rates are released). That would provide you with a lot of time to pay it off. Even if you book it in advance, you can still have a discount applied if one becomes available in the future (although that's one of the best things about using Magical Journeys - they do the legwork for you at no additional cost to you or effort on your part).

faline
04-05-2007, 05:25 AM
Do you have AAA? You can sometimes get a discounted room rate with AAA and you don't need to book through AAA to get it.

You don't say how long your trip will be. If you will be there enough days, it might warrant an annual pass. Again, there are sometimes discounts on rooms with annual passes though I wouldn't buy an annual pass just to get the room discount.