PDA

View Full Version : Crocs Athens review

allie_to_you
04-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Has anyone gotten a pair of these Crocs Athens? What do you think? I have a pair of the orthotic crocs (they are great) because I have plantar fascitis, but I love wearing flip flops during the warmer months and cant' ever find any that are truly comfortable or don't make my feet stink. I know these are supposed to be comfortable and non-stinky, but I just wanted to get some opinions before I spent $30 on a pair of shoes.

AuntDJ
04-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't know if I would wear these in the parks, but I love my Athens!

They are all I wore last summer. I took them to the world, and would wear them in the evening, like to DTD or if we were only going to be out a couple of hours.

DJ

mamacatnv
04-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Love, Love, Love my Athens - I don't like the regular Crocs ( I have the Caymens and find them uncomfortable) but I love these.

My DS has plantar fascitis and during the summer he is a lifeguard at a local waterpark. He is on his feet for 6-8 hours daily and we found the Athens are the best shoe for him since he needs something that can be wet and that comes off easily. He too loves his Athens.

My only complaint is that the bottoms wear out quickly and becomes slippery. We both went thru 2 pairs last summer. Then I stocked us up in the winter when they were cheaper.

Good luck

mamacatnv
04-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't know if I would wear these in the parks, but I love my Athens!

Myself, DS & DD wore our Athens for almost our entire 9 day WDW trip - they were by far the most comfy and we all had a pair of Asics Gels athletic shoes also but prefered our Athens.

poeticeclipse
04-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I have a pair of black Athens that are WONDERFUL! I can't wait to get another pair. I wear them whenever I can. I'm excited to try them out in the World in less than 2 months!:mickey:

slt21
04-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I just bought a pair of the Athens about a week ago, and I've worn almost nothing since. I've taken a two mile walk in them twice, and I've worn them to the mall, as well. They are very, very comfy, and are very padded (especially in the heel), but they're very lightweight as well.

I love 'em, and can't wait to wear them in the parks in a couple months.

tomorrowschild
04-05-2007, 11:42 AM
My brother took his to WDW last summer. He found them very comfortable. He didn't wear them for full days at the parks- but if we were just doing a night or afternoon he found them to work great. He did have one problem with them- they broke. The strap came off in the middle- we had to do a major fix to them- which involved needles and band-aids- just call me Magiver (sp?).:mickey:

January-2007
04-05-2007, 12:48 PM
The strap came off in the middle- we had to do a major fix to them- which involved needles and band-aids- just call me Magiver (sp?).:mickey:

:funny: Way to save the day!

disneyboy98
04-09-2007, 01:33 AM
Like tomorrowschild (aka my sister) has stated above, I wore my Crocs Athens (flip flops) for some of the time in the parks. Also, as she told you, the inside strap broke off. I do not blame these on the Crocs at all. It just so happened that while we were at DTD there was an afternoon shower that hit and I went outside with them on. My foot slipped for a second as I was walking and just caught the strap the wrong way and snapped it. We did repair it with crazy glue later on in the day. As for comfort though, they were amazing!!