PDA

View Full Version : dining in late april

squijee
04-04-2007, 08:58 AM
dh and i are making a short trip the last weekend of april and first couple of days in may...there will just be the 2 of us...do i need to make dinner reservations now or will we have a lot of trouble getting a table then :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-04-2007, 09:20 AM
With the DDP it's difficult to get reservations most any time, so I'd recommend you make your ADRs now so that you're not disappointed when you arrive. That said, if you don't really care about eating any specific place you could probably wing it when you get there and probably find some place to get in.

CanadianWDWFan
04-04-2007, 09:35 AM
We are going down from April 20-29. We made our ADR's for must do's at the 180 day mark. But we have been adding ADR's right up until yesterday with little problem. I still would make ADR's at places that you have to go to. A lot of places won't take walk ups. If they do you will probably have to wait a while.

Hope this helps.

tink55
04-04-2007, 11:01 AM
We are going April 27-29, I waited until yesterday to try to make a ressie for Boma and I couldn't get any time that works *sigh*.

The answer to any 'Do I need ADRs' question is now YES, with the way the Dining Plan works and the current popularity of WDW vacations!

mdricks
04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Making an ADR certainly cant hurt. Im going down mid May and just got it planned yesterday. Im going with a friend and food is not #1 prority this trip but i will still make some adr's just to be on the safe side.

Bottom line is the really tough 'gets' like O'Hana, LeCellier, Chef Mickey's, the castle, could be early seatings or not at all by this point. If you have that special place in mind i would call early and often.

And dont forget you can often pick up a ressie late in the game due to a cancellation. I have gotten some real skull-crackers with only a day or two notice as a result of persistance. Call, call and call again!:number1:

raider97
04-04-2007, 11:22 AM
We are going at the end of April (21-28) with a party of 6, was a party of 8, and I had a hard time getting ADR for the 5 - 7 p.m. time frame for several places for dinner and I called back in Jan.

We have decided to try Ohana's and we can't get in earlier than 9 p.m. the whole week we are there.

Hope you have better luck!!! Have a great trip!!