PDA

View Full Version : How to handle points w/two resorts to make a ressie

Sunshine1010
04-04-2007, 08:06 AM
I am a DVC (SSR) owner. My true love lies with AKL. There is a sale going on - 96.00....

If I buy into AKL, I'll have two (home resorts).....I'm a little confused as to how I would go about making a reservation to stay at ONLY the Animal Kingdom one.

A few questions:

1. Is the sale for current DVC members only?
2. When does the sale end?
3. If I buy into AKL, how would I handle/reserve the points AND SSR points if I want to spend my ENTIRE vacation at AKL in December?

CarolMN
04-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I am a DVC (SSR) owner. My true love lies with AKL. ...(snip)....3. If I buy into AKL, how would I handle/reserve the points AND SSR points if I want to spend my ENTIRE vacation at AKL in December?You would have to wait until the 7 month window opens to use any SSR points at the AKV.

You could reserve as many nights at the AKV as your AKV points allow between 7 and 11 months and then complete your reservation (subject to availability) at the 7 month mark.

If you are talking about December, 2007, you can call in May to reserve your AKV stay with the AKV points (can't remember the exact date in May - think it is 5/4/07) and with the SSR points sometime in June - again I don't remember the exact date in June you can call to book with non-AKV points, but maybe someone else does.

Maleficent's Dad
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Each home resort dictates when you can reserve your accomodations.

If you have 150 points at SSR, you can book those points at SSR at 11 months out.

If you have 150 points at AKLV, you can book those 150 points for the AKLV at 11 months.

At 7 months, you can book all points at any DVC resort. You cannot use SSR points for AKLV ressies beyond the 7 month window.

Geez, I hope this makes sense!!! :crazy: :crazy:

locodemickey
04-04-2007, 12:15 PM
What is the fewest points you can buy for $96? I would like to buy 25.

Maleficent's Dad
04-04-2007, 02:55 PM
What is the fewest points you can buy for $96? I would like to buy 25.
I'm not sure I understand your question...
The $96 price is per point. If you buy direct through Disney (as a first time buyer, mind you), you must purchase at least 150 points.

If you purchase resale, you can buy whatever amount is for sale - including 25 points if you can find it!

If you're already a member, you can add 25 points pretty easily - just call your sales rep!

CarolMN
04-05-2007, 08:27 AM
....(snip)...If you buy direct through Disney (as a first time buyer, mind you), you must purchase at least 150 points......The minimum for a first time purchase from Disney is now 160 points. It was just recently changed.