PDA

View Full Version : Tips for shipping packages

GoofyFan3
04-04-2007, 08:03 AM
I have never shipped packages before and would like any information. What, when and how to ship, and any other hepful advice. I will be staying at the CSR. Should I call the resort ahead of time?

Strmchsr
04-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Are you talking about shipping something to the resort before you arrive or shipping something home from the resort?

AuntDJ
04-04-2007, 09:05 AM
If you mean shipping stuff to the hotel so it is there when you get there...here is what I know...

We did this for our trip in early March to PORQ. We shipped 3 packages of Dr. Pepper and breakfast stuff (cereal, cereal bars, snacks). We shipped Fed Ex (only because we get a discount with them). We arrived on Sunday and we shipped everything the Tuesday before we left, it had arrived by Friday and I had the stuff that showed where it was signed for. When we arrived, I told the CM checking us in, we had a package, she looked it up and had it delivered.

I guess all packages are delivered to the Riverside portion as she had to call and have them brought over, so it took a couple of hours to get them.

Also, a word of advice, we shipped 36 of the small soda cans in one box, it was too much and the box broke and had to be repackaged at the FedEX office. Also, we sent pringles and stuff, and we did not wrap them in bubble wrap or anything, so they were all crushed up...still edible, but not whole.

DJ

GoofyFan3
04-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Yes, I am talking about shipping stuff to the resort, such as water, snacks, and cereal. Is it better to ship from Staples or another place then just doing it on your own?

Strmchsr
04-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Yes, I am talking about shipping stuff to the resort, such as water, snacks, and cereal. Is it better to ship from Staples or another place then just doing it on your own?

For that kind of stuff you'd be much better off doing a grocery delivery service such as Garden Grocer (http://www.gardengrocer.com/). However, if you really want to ship your own to the resort just mail it (USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, etc, doesn't matter) to:

Resort Name
Guest {insert your name}
Arriving {insert date}
Resort Address

That will help get it to you in the most efficient manner.

Through the looking Glass
04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
For that kind of stuff you'd be much better off doing a grocery delivery service such as Garden Grocer. However, if you really want to ship your own to the resort just mail it (USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, etc, doesn't matter) to:
I agree :number1:

We ship down our beach towels, an air mattress and some toys. (DS needs his trains). We use UPS three day shipping. I would suggest if you are just shipping down food items, use garden grocer. To ship down an 30lb (+/-) box cost me 35$. Most Intercotees have had excellent ties with GG.

Lauraubie
04-06-2007, 08:53 AM
When we shipped a package last year we were also told to put out reservation number on the outside of the box. We stayed at the Saratoga. They actually remembered to give it to me... in allmy travel excitement I had totally forgot that I sent it!