PDA

View Full Version : The It's About Time! Report, Day 8, 8/24/06

BronxTigger
04-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Day 8 – Thursday, August 24, 2006 (http://travel.webshots.com/album/558500405bAVtoP) <click for photos

Aww, our last day at WDW. We get up, pack, check out, and leave our luggage with the front desk. We walked to the Poly and take the AK bus from there. We had not yet seen It’s Tough to be a Bug or Festival of the Lion King, so those were our priorities. Fortunately, we were able to do both. First, we went to ITTBAB, then we went to Pizzafari eat lunch while we waited for the next showing of the Lion King. We had seen Lion King on Broadway in April 2006, so we were not sure what to expect with the AK version. They are really not that similar. The Broadway version is much more professional and much better overall, as it should be. The AK version is more interactive and family friendly. I’m glad we got to see the Festival of the Lion King, it was a good show and a nice way to end our trip.

On the way out, I had to get one last Mickey Bar (the things are addicting!) before catching the bus to SOG. As soon as we got to SOG, it was time to catch the Beeline Shuttle to the Orlando Airport. The ride to the airport was very stormy: it was pouring and the sky was very dark with clouds, which made me nervous for our flight. We flew out of Orlando at 4:40pm, and it was the bumpiest flight I think I have ever been on. We had a layover in DC, and the flight was bumpy almost the entire flight. At one point, it got so bumpy that people were screaming, the flight attendants were yelling at us to put our drinks on the floor, and they were hanging on to the seats to help them walk to their seats at the ends of the plane. I hate flying to begin with, but this was terrifying. Fortunately, it did not stay that intense the whole flight, and the second plane, from DC to LaGuardia, was overall quite smooth.

Overall, I had a great time. I did some stuff I have not done before, as well as some things I had not done in a long time. Also, I was able to get to all my favorites and some NEW favorite rides, like Expedition Everest and Primeval Whirl. I cannot wait to go back!

Maleficent's Dad
04-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for sharing all your days with us!
Sorry about the flights; I know how you feel...:(

Glad you finally got these reports posted!!!:mickey:

pogo
04-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. You wrote this in a way that I felt we were with you.:D

Christine
04-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Sorry about your bumpy ride home! Glad you had a wonderful time in WDW!

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 02:12 AM
I like your picture with your last Mickey bar:bar: Thanks for sharing your trip with us:thumbsup:

faline
04-04-2007, 12:33 PM
What a white-knuckle flight home!

TIdoubleGR
04-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you with your trip! Sounds like a great time, makes me excited to go back. :mickey:

DizNee143
04-05-2007, 02:45 PM
thanx for sharing your trip with us!! i enjoyed reading all about it!! :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: