PDA

View Full Version : The It's About Time! Report, Day 5, 8/21/06

BronxTigger
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Day 5 – Monday, August 21, 2006 (http://travel.webshots.com/album/558500364cyvyJY) <click for photos

This morning, DH wanted to sleep in, but I wanted to finish off the Magic Kingdom. DH was tired of the crowds at that park and did not want to return for the rest of our trip. I got up, had my cereal, and then left at 8:10. I walked to the Poly and caught the monrail. I was at the entrance to MK at 8:30. Shortly before 9, they did their morning greeting, “Good morning, good MORning!” and threw out the pixie dust to open the park. I hurried towards the Tomorrowland rope, because one of the attractions I had not done yet at this park was Space Mountain. A bunch of us got held up at the rope, because it was not yet time to let us all the way into the park yet. When it dropped, everyone started running, er, walking very quickly, to Space Mountain. I grabbed a fast pass on my way in, then got on the short but growing line. I boarded my spaceship at 9:12. Not bad timing. After Space, I did not know what to do next, but I spied with my little eye Astro Orbiter. I have not been on Astro Orbiter, but there was NO BODY on this (they were all on line at Space Mountain!) so I got on. I was able to ride four times in a row without getting off. This ride was relaxing, and it has a great view.

After Astro, I decided I would go to ToonTown by the path behind the Indy Speedway. Well, I get to ToonTown to find that it does not open until 10. I had forgotten. But…all was not lost. I took some pictures before any people could get in the way. The only annoyance was that I wanted to go to Fantasyland next, and I could only get there by walking back to Tomorrowland along the Indy path, then walking to Fantasyland. So that’s what I did. First up in Fantasyland was Pooh, followed by the Carrousel. I have never ridden the Carrousel, but since there was no line and I was by myself, I decided to do it. I don’t regret it. I got a FP for Peter Pan, then went to use my FP for Space Mountain. After riding Space, I went back to ToonTown, which was now open, and rode the Barnstormer and then walked through Mickey’s and Minnie’s houses. It had been awhile.

Next, I decided to get lunch at Pinocchio’s Village Haus, where I picked up a pizza and ate it overlooking the Small World loading area *waves*. By the time I was done, my Peter Pan FP was ready to use, so I flew over London. Then, I went to the Yankee Trader Gourmet Shop and got a couple of things, but I had them sent to the room so I didn’t have to carry them.

I decided that it had been too long since I had explored Tom Sawyer Island, so I got on the raft and headed over. I had a relaxing time looking around the island and going in all the caves. It was starting to get a little late in the day, so I decided to start to head back to SOG. I stopped in at the Tiki Birds on the way out, since it had been a long time since I’d seen these guys also.

There was one last thing I needed to do before leaving the Magic Kingdom: stop at the Main Street Bakery and get a fresh ice cream sandwich. So, I did that. Right as I was leaving, the Dapper Dans started to sing so I watched them for a song or two before grabbing the monorail to the Poly and walking to SOG from there.

I met up with DH in the room, and we decided to have a lazy afternoon. We went swimming in the Mickey Pool (official name is Mill Pond, but it is shaped like Mickey’s head). DH had not had lunch, so he got a cheeseburger at Evergreens and ate it by the pool; it was a good burger.

At 6:30 we left for Downtown Disney, where we browsed at the Lego Store and the World of Disney before eating dinner at the Earl of Sandwich. This restaurant is great. The line moves fast (faster than most Disney-run CS places), the food is better, and the prices are comparable. DH had a Full Montagu and I had a Scudetto; both were excellent but we found the Scudetto to be a bit too spicy. Next, we watched the Mickey fountain before browsed the shops some more; we went to Once Upon a Toy (found Slinky Dog!) and Disney’s Days of Christmas.

Next, we headed to Pleasure Island where we went to Comedy Warehouse. Afterwards, we wandered around the West Side before calling it a night.

Maleficent's Dad
04-03-2007, 10:09 PM
As someone who travels with kids, the morning alone in the MK sounds wonderful! Good for you!
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

pogo
04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Busy day. I guess you have gotta do what you gotta do. And you even found time to relax by the pool. :mickey:

Off to read more. :D

Here we go again...
04-04-2007, 12:29 AM
I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your time alone in MK. Another great day!

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 01:47 AM
A great day in the MK even without DH:thumbsup:

faline
04-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Sounds like it was a relaxed day!

DizNee143
04-04-2007, 04:31 PM
sounds like you were able to get alot acomplished at the MK...glad youhad a good time there...and then its nice to have some relaxing time!! sounds like a good day to me!! thanx for sharing! :mickey:

BelleCiavo
04-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I hope your dh wasn't serious, no more parks? :faint: You sure accomplished a lot in a morning.
Thanks for sharing :mickey:
Karen

HndrdPrcnt
04-06-2007, 09:41 PM
It's amazing what you can accomplish when you are by yourself. I love doing the parks solo. I also, of course, love doing the parks with my family, but it is pretty cool to be able to do what you want to do when you want to do it.

I LOVE Earl of Sandwich. That may be my very favorite CS in all of WDW. In fact, IT IS!!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: