PDA

View Full Version : The It's About Time! Report, Day 4, 8/20/06

BronxTigger
04-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Day 4 – Sunday, August 20, 2006 (http://travel.webshots.com/album/558497742wmZrsY) <click for photos

We got a bit of an earlier start on this day. We had breakfast at the Gardent Galley at Shades of Green. We then caught the 9:30 bus to the Animal Kingdom. We immediately went to Expedition: Everest and got a fast pass. Our return window was 12:25-1:25. We left the E:E area to go to Kali River Rapids where we got completely soaked. We walked through the Maharajah Jungle Trek, which had many interesting animals and the trail was shaded and it was very comfortable. Then, we went over to the Africa section, where there was live entertainment in the form of drummers and dancers. We stayed for a while to watch. Then, we picked up a fast pass for Kilimanjaro Safaris. This fast pass was for 12:10-1:10…almost the same time as our E:E pass. We had just enough time before our KS FP to walk the Pangani Forest Trail, which is similar to the trail in Asia except it has different (African) animals. Then, we rode KS, and several animals were within view. I think they toned down the poaching story, but I’m not entirely sure.

After we exited KS, we made our way to E:E. I was so excited to ride this. It was so fun! The track was very smooth, and it was so fun not knowing what to expect. I won’t spoil it for you, but the backwards and dark parts were incredible!

After E:E, we left AK and took the Polynesian bus and walked to SoG from there. We visited the AAFES (PX) store and then we took a nap. We left the hotel with what should have been enough time to get to our 5:00 ADR at the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary. Unfortunately, the monorail was having mechanical problems, and it we didn’t even get to the Magic Kingdom stop until about 5:30. We just got off at the MK because we didn’t think there was any way they would still honor our ADR, and we didn’t want to waste any more time.

We decided to get hot dogs at Casey’s, which was not the same as steak at the Concourse, but oh well, what do you do? Casey’s was fun; we ate outside and a guy was playing the piano. There were a lot of those white birds with the long beaks and also ducks wandering around.

After dinner we did the Jungle Cruise, which I have not done in years. It was fun, and I don’t know why we tended to avoid it on family trips. Then, we did the Swiss Family Treehouse, which I have also not done in a long time. After the Treehouse, we went on the new Pirates of the Caribbean. I have not seen the movies so I don’t know what the big deal is all about, but the new effect at the beginning is cool.

After Pirates, we got FP for Big Thunder and rode Splash in the meantime. Splash is one of my favorites. It was pretty new on my first trip in 1992 and I remember having to wait a long time to ride it. After Splash we went on Big Thunder, which is another family favorite. Then we went on Snow White.

We were hungry again, so we went to Cosmic Rays. While we ate, Wishes was shown, and we could only see pieces of it from inside. We finished the day with a ride on the Tea Cups, because they were scheduled to be closed for maintenance for the rest of our trip after today. After this, we decided to go back to the hotel. It was an EMH night, but the crowds were huge.

pogo
04-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Too bad about the Monorail breakdown.:(

But you recovered well by staying at MK.:mickey: I got to read more. :D

Maleficent's Dad
04-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Busy Days!!!
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Christine
04-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Great shots in Animal Kingdom!

Here we go again...
04-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Sorry you missed out on your steaks, but it sounds like you had a good day anyway. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Sounds like a great and busy day. I love the pics:thumbsup:

faline
04-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry about your missed dinner. Sounds like you made the best of it, though.

DizNee143
04-04-2007, 04:14 PM
a pretty good day..sorry about the whole thing with the monorail and you missing your dinner at the concourse steakhouse....but it seems you guys still ended up having a good night!! :mickey:

BelleCiavo
04-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Wow! You really do take great pictures. That castle shot is the best one I've ever seen :yes:
Off to read more.
Karen

HndrdPrcnt
04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
That is too bad that you missed your dinner reses at Concourse Steakhouse. I love that place as do my DDs. They both love steak and they really love the kids dessert - the artist palette cookie.

Sounds like you still had a great day. I really love Cosmic Rays as well. Great variety and good entertainment while you eat!!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: