PDA

View Full Version : The It's About Time! Report, Day 3, 8/19/06

BronxTigger
04-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Day 3 – Saturday, August 19, 2006 (http://travel.webshots.com/album/558500268zRDUZI) <click for photos

This was another late start day. We did not catch the bus until 10:30, but this time we went to MGM. We started out by getting a fast pass for Rockin Roller Coaster. Then, we ate at Catalina Eddie’s, where we both got pepperoni pizzas. Then, we went on the Great Movie Ride. Last year when I rode this, the driver was switched out in a western scene. This time, they were switched out in a “neighborhood that doesn’t look too good” in a mob scene that vaguely resembled my neighborhood.

Following the Great Movie Ride, we walked the Streets of America, where we found the raining umbrella. We then walked into the Muppets 3D Movie. I hand not seen it in a long time, and it was fun. Then, we just kind of walked around MGM. We then got a fast pass for Star Tours. We went into Sounds Dangerous. Dull. The Sound Lab following the show was more interesting. Next, it was time to redeem our Star Tours Fast Pass. This ride is fun, even though it is a bit outdated. It was then time to redeem our RnR FP. This ride is great! I love the beginning. Next, we watched the Indiana Jones show, which was interesting and good at the same time.

Then, we went to Who Wants to be a Millionaire. This was the last day for WWtbaM, and we were at the 2nd to last show. The scene around the entrance was near chaos, with people running around trying to get into the show. There were a lot of “groupies” and people who had won prizes on the show in the past, including people with the leather jackets and a complete pin collection. Many people were trying to get into the 5:45 show, which is the one we were on line for, but a lot of people really wanted the 6:30 show, which was the VERY LAST ONE. They had two queue lines going to accommodate these desires. We went in and played, which was fun. I had never been to this show before, and I was very glad I was able to go before it closed for good. Towards the end of the show, people started running out of the theater to get on line for the 6:30 show. We did not go to the last show, but it was fun watching all the people. It was like a party almost. Then, we went into One Man’s Dream. The video was starting before we got a good look at all the models, but we went into the movie anyways. When we came out, it was an absolute downpour. We waited for awhile under the cover of the princess shop, but I was getting tired of waiting. I gave in and purchased ponchos. Ugh! We put them on and started out across the Hat Plaza, which is a huge open space. Our sneakers were getting very wet. We kept going, out to the entrance. We went to catch the boat to the Beach Club. By the time we got there, we were quite wet, but it’s WDW so who cares?

At the Beach Club, we went to eat at Beaches and Cream. I’m not sure why, but I love this place. It’s just a fun place to eat, and the food is good…especially the milkshakes. We were not too happy about the 40 minute wait (mainly since they kept telling us it would only be a few minutes….that stretched to 40), but the food was good so I will return again on my next visit even if I do have to wait.

After that, we went back to MGM and caught the bus back to SoG.

pogo
04-03-2007, 09:58 PM
God , I'm loving reading these ! You make me feel like I was with you.:mickey:

On to read more. :D

Maleficent's Dad
04-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Love the pics!
Love B&C!
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Christine
04-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Beaches and Cream is on my "to do" list for my next trip now!

Here we go again...
04-04-2007, 12:23 AM
I am so out of it... I just realized the date on the trip reports. When you mentioned WWtbaM I was confused... I get it now.
Anyway, off to day 4

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 01:13 AM
I loved Millionaire. We took a trip in August just to do it;) We were there a few days before you two. How great you got in before it closed for good. Thanks for sharing another busy day:mickey:

faline
04-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Nice day. Glad you got to participate in Who Wants to be A Millionaire before it closed.

DizNee143
04-04-2007, 03:57 PM
yet another great day...glad you were able to catch WWtbaM...:mickey:

BelleCiavo
04-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm going to miss WTTBAM when we go, that's great that you got in on the last day.
Thanks for the report.
Karen

HndrdPrcnt
04-06-2007, 09:31 PM
How cool to do WWTBAM the day that it was closing! I never did get a chance to see that. Oh well, there's progress for you!

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: