PDA

View Full Version : Princess Girls Spring Break Day 5 EPCOT

princessgirls
04-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Cast of Characters:

Fred, Julie, Morgan (6), Madison (5)
Bob, Kelly, Carlin (8), Clayton (6)

Resort: Bonnet Creek Resort

Our day started out early. After a quick breakfast in our room we were off to Epcot. I have a FABULOUS view of "Earth" from my window at the resort. Happy Girl I am!!

We were in Epcot literally within 10 minutes of leaving the resort. :thumbsup: and we didn't have to take the tram from the parking lot. We got close enough just to walk. :mickey:

Fred is our Fast Pass Man. After we get in through the gates, Fred goes running over to the Land and scores our 8 passes to Soarin'. We make our way over to the LIving Seas for Nemo and Turtle Talk with Crush. None of us had seen these attractions yet, as it was being refurbished on our last visit. Nemo was adorable and Crush was hysterical... totally Dude!! We all really enjoyed these attractions. After some quick gift shop purchases...the girls wanted to get into the pin trading (thankfully I had my Disney rewards card), and Clay just wanted a Goofy hat, we were off to The Land. Bob really enjoyed The Land. He grows flowers for wholesale and is very interested in well... The Land. We also did the Circle of Life Movie and had lunch at Seasons. The kids hit a Kidcot station and did a craft, and then we all hit soarin'. Great Ride. All enjoyed!:mickey: We had fast-passed it again, so we could come back later in the day.
The day is just beautiful out. 88 and Sunny!
We hit Figment and Journey to the Imagination and Honey I shrunk the Audience which was great, we made our way over to Test Track, and it was a 20 minute Stand Alone, we waited and got on. Another Hit!! After Test Track, the kids played in some of the cool off stations and Fred and Bob discovered that they sell :beer: in EPCOT!! Fred and Bob were quite happy!! Kelly and I got some ice-cream with the kids and enjoyed a bench under a shady tree. It is crowded but not as frantic as the Magic Kingdom was yesterday. We were really enjoying our day here. We weren't able to get on Mission Space (the softer version), as the fast passes were gone and it was a 120 minute wait. A first for us this time was The Energy Show with Ellen and Bill Nye. I believe that Fred and Bob may have taken a little nap, but the rest of us enjoyed it.
We went back over to the Land and did another round of Soarin' and then made our way over to the World Showcase for our ADR at Alfredo's.
There were some shows along the way, we stopped and peered in at Morocco who had this band playing, Japan had some acrobats. It is a beautiful evening here.
We got right in at Alfredo's, put the kids on one side of the table and the adults on the other. A round of Alfredo's famous Italian :marg: for the adults. Ohhh, they are good, and go down smooth!! We had a wonderful dinner at Alfredo's. Good :marg: , food, music and great dessert! I'm really sorry that they are closing.
After Alfredo's we wondered around the World Showcase and found a spot for Illuminations. Beautiful show and a perfect way to end our day here.
Epcot was great today!! We missed a few things like Club Cool, Innoventions, and Space, and I would have liked to do more of the World Showcase, but as I say there is always my next trip...
After getting the kids in bed, the adults enjoyed some :beer: on our balacony with Tower of Terror in the distance.
Another Wonderful Day.
Up tomorrow... Animal Kingdom!
Thanks for reading and ALL of your nice comments.
Julie:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 02:56 AM
I think Fred and Bob had the right idea about napping with Ellen. I love that ride but I usually nap myself too:blush: Thanks for sharing another great (busy) day:thumbsup:

pogo
04-04-2007, 10:20 AM
What a wonderfull day at Epcot for all, especially Fred and Bob finding out about the :beer: at Epcot. :cloud9:

They should join Intercot themselves and they would have known all the good spots to drink while at Disney. :thumbsup:

Great report. :D

faline
04-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Your group really tours very well together! Great day!

ChipnDaleGal
04-06-2007, 02:11 PM
That really was a wonderful day. I wish I was at Epcot right now doing all of those things. Sounds like everyone in your group had fun. Thank you for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

sleepingbooty
04-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day! And nice to have a balcony and some :marg: to come back to - how relaxing!

Bethis26fan
04-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Sounds great thanks for sharing.

magicman
04-11-2007, 11:22 AM
As you mentioned about EPCOT, there is always more to do. I never leave there feeling like "I've done it all."

I don't know that I would trust Fred as the Fast Pass Guy if he's imbibing in the carnal pleasues::beer: :marg: :wine: I've seen lots of tickets left on top of Fast Pass Kiosks.;)

I'm enjoying reading your reports:thumbsup: , and I'm off to your AK report.

princessgirls
04-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Hi Magic Man~

Fred did have one Fast Pass Disaster at Splash Mountain...

It was breezy and the passes kept blowing everywhere and he was getting frustrated and I think maybe hit the machine, and the CM sensed that he was a little edgy and gave him 8 Anyride, Anytime Fast Passes, other than that Fred was our man. At 6'5" tall, he can walk quicker than the rest of us.

Thanks for reading!
Julie:mickey:

Beach Club Babe
04-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Julie, it sounds like an amazing day at Epcot! No one is sadder to see Alfredo's close than my DH, but we will all miss it as well!