PDA

View Full Version : Del Monte Pet Product Recall

vizsla
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Del Monte Pet Products Voluntarily Withdraws Specific Product Codes of Pet Treats and Wet Dog Food Products in the United States
SAN FRANCISCO, March 31, 2007—As a precautionary measure, Del Monte Pet Products is voluntarily recalling select product codes of its pet treat products sold under the Jerky Treats®, Gravy Train® Beef Sticks and Pounce Meaty Morsels® brands as well as select dog snack and wet dog food products sold under private label brands. A complete list of affected brands and products is below.

The Company took this voluntary recall action immediately after learning this morning from the FDA that wheat gluten supplied to Del Monte Pet Products from a specific manufacturing facility in China contained melamine. Melamine is a substance not approved for use in food. The FDA made this finding as part of its ongoing investigation into the recent pet food recall.

The adulteration occurred in a limited production quantity on select product codes of the brands below. This recall removes all Del Monte pet products with wheat gluten procured from this manufacturing facility from retail shelves.

No other Del Monte Pet Products treats, biscuits or wet dog food products are impacted by this recall, and no Del Monte dry cat food, dry dog food, wet cat food or pouched pet foods are subject to this voluntary recall. The affected products comprise less than one-tenth of one percent of Del Monte Pet Products' annual pet food and pet treat production.

Del Monte Pet Products has proactively engaged and fully cooperated with the FDA since the start of its investigation. The adulterated ingredients were used in limited production over the last three months for those items identified by specific product codes. Del Monte Pet Products has not used wheat gluten from this manufacturing facility in China in any other pet products except those described below.

Consumers should discontinue feeding the products with the Product Codes detailed below to their pets.

Del Monte Pet Products are 100% guaranteed and all voluntarily recalled products will be refunded.

Del Monte Pet Products customers can contact our Consumer Hotline at (800) 949-3799 for further information about the recall and for instructions on obtaining a product refund. If consumers visit our website, they can click on the "Contact Us" button and submit the Contact Us form, including UPC number, product name, Best By Date, and manufacturing code information (located under the Best By date). Consumers may also write to us at:
Del Monte
P.O. Box 80
Pittsburgh PA 15230-0080.

» Recalled Products in Canada Click Here
Following is a list of the Products and Best Buy Dates that have been voluntarily recalled in the United States.
BRANDED Production Code/Best By Date
Jerky Treats Beef Flavor Dog Snacks Code:
Best By: TP7B06
Aug 06 08 TP7B07
Aug 07 08 TP7B08
Aug 08 08 TP7B09
Aug 09 08 TP7B10
Aug 10 08
Code:
Best By: TP7B15
Aug 15 08 TP7C06
Sep 03 08
Gravy Train Beef Sticks Dog Snacks Code:
Best By: TP7B19
Aug 19 08 TP7B20
Aug 20 08 TP7B21
Aug 21 08
Pounce Meaty Morsels Moist Chicken Flavor Cat Treats Code:
Best By: TP7C07
Sep 04 08 TP7C12
Sep 09 08

PRIVATE LABEL Production Code/Best By Date
Ol' Roy Beef Flavor Jerky Strips Dog Treats Code:
Best By: TP7B06
Aug 06 08 TP7B07
Aug 07 08 TP7C05
Sep 02 08 TP7C06
Sep 03 08 TP7C07
Sep 04 08
Code:
Best By: TP7C08
Sep 05 08
Ol' Roy Beef Flavor Snack Sticks Dog Treats Code:
Best By: TP7B19
Aug 19 08 TP7B20
Aug 20 08 TP7B21
Aug 21 08 TP7C08
Sep 05 08 TP7C09
Sep 06 08
Ol' Roy Bark'n Bac'n Beef & Bacon Flavor Dog Treats Code:
Best By: TP7C14
Sep 11 08
Ol' Roy with Beef Hearty Cuts in Gravy Dog Food Code:
Best By: BC6M21
Dec 21 09
Ol' Roy with Beef Hearty Strips in Gravy Dog Food Code:
Best By: BC7A19
Jan 19 10
Ol' Roy Country Stew Hearty Cuts in Gravy Dog Food Code:
Best By: BC6M15
Dec 15 09
Dollar General Beef Flavored Jerky Strips Dog Treats Code:
Best By: TP7C06
Sep 03 08
Dollar General Beef Flavored Beef Sticks Dog Treats Code:
Best By: TP7B20
Aug 20 08 TP7B21
Aug 21 08
Happy Tails Beef Flavor Jerky Strips Code:
Best By: TP7B08
Aug 08 08 TP7B09
Aug 09 08
Happy Tails Meaty Cuts with Beef in Gravy Dog Food Code:
Best By: BC7A29
Jan 29 10

Recalled Products in Canada
DLM Foods Canada Corp. Voluntarily Withdraws Jerky Treats Dog Snacks Beef Flavour with the Best Before Date of 16.08.08
TORONTO, April 2, 2007 - As a precautionary measure, DLM Foods Canada Corp. is voluntarily withdrawing Jerky Treats® Dog Treats Beef Flavour with the best before date of 16.08.08. Consumers should discontinue feeding this product and return affected products to their store for a refund. No other DLM Foods Canada Corp. products are subject to this voluntary withdrawal.

The Company took this voluntary withdrawal action after learning from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) that wheat gluten supplied to DLM Foods Canada Corp. from a specific manufacturing facility in China contained melamine. Melamine is a substance not approved for use in food in the United States. The FDA made this finding as part of its ongoing investigation into the recent pet food recall in the United States. DLM Foods Canada Corp. conferred with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency today to coordinate the details of this voluntary withdrawal as it applied to the Canadian market.

The adulteration occurred in a limited production quantity indicated by the one best before date of Jerky Treats Dog Treats Beef Flavour product line mentioned above. This withdrawal removes all DLM Foods Canada Corp. pet products with wheat gluten procured from this manufacturing facility from retail shelves.

No other DLM Foods Canada Corp. products are subject to this voluntary withdrawal. The affected products comprise less than one-tenth of one percent of DLM Foods Canada Corp. annual pet food and pet treat production.

DLM Foods Canada Corp. has not used wheat gluten from this manufacturing facility in China in any other pet products except those described above.

DLM Foods Canada Corp. products are 100% guaranteed and all returned product will be refunded. For further information about DLM Foods Canada Corp. consumers can contact our Consumer Affairs at 1-866-657-6929.

As part of the pet community, we value the health and well-being of pets, and we deeply regret this situation. We will continue to take any and all actions necessary to ensure the quality and safety of our products.

This is the direct link:http://delmonte.com/petfoodrecall.html

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 08:16 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the info, Vince... this is a pretty scarey time for all of us pet owners!! Appreciate the heads up...

Carol
04-04-2007, 08:59 AM
I work at an Animal Hospital and field tons of client calls daily from scared pet owners.

You can also go the FDA's web site (http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.html) for up-to-date information on any and all pet food recalls.

ldn324
04-04-2007, 09:26 AM
I also work PT at a vet clinic and we've received many calls as well. We have 6 pets and all but 2 are on prescription diets. Luckily, the only prescription diet on the recall list so far is feline M/D dry.

I got a handout from work the other day from Hill's with recipes for their prescription diet recipes for cats and dogs. If anyone has a pet on a Hill's prescription diet and you'd like the recipe, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly send it to you. So far, the M/D is the only one, but if you'd feel more comfortable making your food, they are pretty simple recipes as long as you have a health food or vitamin store close by. These were given to us voluntarily by Hill's so it's not proprietary information or anything.

Good luck fellow pet owners! I hope that none of you or your pets are affected by these recalls.

CanadianWDWFan
04-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the info!

What amazes me is how come we have to import wheat gluten from China?:confused: Here are living in two countries that produce so much wheat we give it away to others in need.

MsMin
04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the info!

What amazes me is how come we have to import wheat gluten from China?:confused: Here are living in two countries that produce so much wheat we give it away to others in need.

I agree, they must produce it cheaper. but what about shipping?
China produces crawfish and it just doesn't taste the same as Louisiana crawfish. They taste very fishy and look washed out. It just worries me about the guidelines or lack of prep guidelines when importing from some countries. No offense, but this has been devastating and I worry now everytime I feed my pups, even a treat.