PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express and POFQ

GINNY69
04-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Hello this may seem like a crazy question , but I was wondering for anyone who recently stayed at the POFQ and took the Magical Express Bus how many stops to other resorts does the Bus make before you get to POFQ??? Just curious thats all...:unsure:

:thanks:

AuntDJ
04-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Was there in early March, stopped once before French Quarter...Saratoga Springs..

Have fun!
DJ

CleveRocks
04-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Hello this may seem like a crazy question , but I was wondering for anyone who recently stayed at the POFQ and took the Magical Express Bus how many stops to other resorts does the Bus make before you get to POFQ??? Just curious thats all...:unsure:

:thanks:

There are no pre-set DME bus routes, and no pre-set groupings of resorts on buses.

This means that there is no standard or typical answer to your question. It all depends on how many people are going to which resorts around the same time as you. That's why they require reservations, so they can get a sense of how many people are going where and then plans and dispatch buses based on that information.

Sorry, that's really the only answer to your question, that it's impossible to answer. It's NOT a crazy question at all, it's just that there's no way to answer it!

Someone who arrived yesterday at Noon might have stopped at SSR, POFQ then POR. Someone who arrived yesterday at 3:00 p.m. might have stopped at OKW, POFQ and Wilderness Lodge. Someone who arrived today at Noon might have stopped at Pop Century, CBR and then POFQ.

Just for the record, when I took DME to POFQ, the order of stops was POFQ, POR and Fort Wilderness. Your mileage may vary.

Brenle
04-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Family members were there in January. No stops along the way.

mook3y
04-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Definately no preset route.

To me it very much appears to be a simple matter of supply and demand at the time you hit the DME line.

First year, went to WL, Poly then POR

Last year, went POFQ first, but others were headed to all-stars and contemporary.

Piglet822
04-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Two things dictate the order of the stops, the other resorts on board and the driver. Each one of us does it a little bit differently.
Sorry none of us could give you a definitive answer to your question but as CleveRocks mentioned, there really isn't one.
Timewise though figure about 30 - 45 minutes from the time your bus pulls out of it's space at the airport.

garymacd
04-04-2007, 07:57 PM
We took it a year ago Christmas. Unfortunately, our plane was two hours late taking off because of a blizzard and when we landed, it was like 2 am and just about the last plane to land that night. Not a really good example for comparison. There were only about 10 of us on the bus, including the four of us, but we were first off the bus at POFQ.

At that time, we took our bags with us. If we didn't, we wouldn't have gotten them until the next day. Just something to keep in mind if you are late arrivers.

magicgal
04-07-2007, 05:58 PM
We went in Feb. there was one stop before we got to POFQ, it was SSR.

GINNY69
04-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies.. I knew it was a crazy question..

:Thanks:

:mickey:

Piglet822
04-08-2007, 01:24 PM

You welcome, and I don't think it was a crazy question at all :)

Mousehead35
04-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Definately not a silly question.. :mickey: I'll be taking the ME in August, staying at PORFQ and was wondering about the very same thing so I thank you for putting this out there!

kakn7294
04-08-2007, 03:12 PM
We went in December and we were the first stop. I read somewhere that there will be no more than 4 resort stops per bus. It doesn't take long for the bus to unload it's passengers at each stop. It took us about 1 1/2 hrs from the time the plane actually landed until we pulled in front of the resort. Of course, a lot of that time is up to you - how fast you move through the airport - we could have moved faster.

lindique
04-08-2007, 04:19 PM
I have been there twice recently and we were the third stop both times. They went first to Old Key West, followed by Saratoga Springs. Then FQ. They were going to Riverside after that. However, it's no big deal - they only stop for less than 5 minutes, and you get to see a part of the property that you wouldn't ordinarily to go. I actually liked the ride.

garymacd
04-10-2007, 11:37 AM

There are no crazy questions...only crazy answers!!!:crazy: