PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Matterhorn webcam

DoryFan
04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
If you watch this cam like I do, they changed their address for it.

Use:

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mattercam.htm

Or

http://webcam.hojoanaheim.com/home/homeJ.html

Just FYI

2Epcot
04-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks Kerry, I didn't even know that cam existed. :mickey:

Melanie
04-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Very cool! Thanks! :mickey3:

DoryFan
04-04-2007, 08:19 AM
You're welcome!

I contacted the Epcot cam people (the webcam on top of the Swan and Dolphin) about how it's sending black photos. I'm hoping they fix it soon!

Christine
04-04-2007, 10:20 AM
That is really cool!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
04-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Awesome!
This makes me anxious for my trip next week! Six more days.
:woohoo:

Chescat
04-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Wow, that's cool. I didn't even know they had that. So does that mean when we go within range at the park, we need to pull out a big Intercot Rocks sign out. :rocks:

LouRodriGIS
04-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Great site! We're planning our first trip to DLR next spring...gets you fired up. Also nice to see someone else from Williamstown on Intercot.

DoryFan
04-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Great site!

That is a fantastic webcam! I wish we had one giving us shots of WDW like that. I love the Swan's Epcot cam, but closer photos and of more park points would be wonderful.

Also nice to see someone else from Williamstown on Intercot.

You're in Williamstown?! Hi, neighbor!!! Let's play six degrees of Geets: I'm 4 miles from the diner. :D

Chescat
06-10-2007, 03:14 AM
Here's a picture of the Webcam equipment on top of the matterhorn. (What I'm not sure of is, how much of this stuff has to do with the fireworks going off there every night. :confused:

Matterhorn WebCam Picture 1 (http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/Disneyland/MatterhornWebCam1.jpg)

Matterhorn WebCam Picture 2 (http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/Disneyland/MatterhornWebCam2.jpg)

DoryFan
06-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Great pics!!

I don't know if that's the webcam, I think the Matterhorn cam is on top of a hotel (the Howard Johnson's), but thanks for these! I haven't been to DL in a long time and it's great to see them on top of the mountain!

Chescat
06-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Hmm, Mufasa do you know what that equipment is on top of the Matterhorn? It hasn't been up there all that long. I noticed a few months ago when people were talking about Matterhorn webcan. I was thinking fireworks at first, but I know there is at least one camera up there. :blush:

Mufasa
06-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Hmm, Mufasa do you know what that equipment is on top of the Matterhorn? It hasn't been up there all that long. I noticed a few months ago when people were talking about Matterhorn webcan. I was thinking fireworks at first, but I know there is at least one camera up there. :blush:

There's been equipment on the peak of the Matterhorn for quite some time now (for as long as I can remember)- mainly you notice the lightning rods and at several points around the park there are some weather monitoring equipment which would be used to help determine wind conditions in addition to the various balloon test releases they'll do from other building rooftops around the park to determine upper altitude winds that go into the decision of whether they can proceed with fireworks or not.

Now, I'm not certain if that is the location of the weather camera that ABC 7 will sometimes use for some in-park shots during news broadcasts during their weather segments.

2Epcot
06-12-2007, 02:36 AM
Now, I'm not certain if that is the location of the weather camera that ABC 7 will sometimes use for some in-park shots during news broadcasts during their weather segments.

The camera ABC 7 uses for weather is located in New Orleans square. It usually points at Tom Sawyer's Island, but can be turned to face the Matterhorn, or zoomed in on the castle.

2Epcot
06-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Revising my last post. I saw today ABC 7 does have a new camera location that can show the Nemo Submarine ride. The view looks like it is probably being shot from the Matterhorn. Either they moved the camera for a differnt look, or they now have two cameras in Disneyland.

mttafire
06-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Fantastic!! I miss ole Cali sometimes!!

Chescat
06-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Revising my last post. I saw today ABC 7 does have a new camera location that can show the Nemo Submarine ride. The view looks like it is probably being shot from the Matterhorn. Either they moved the camera for a differnt look, or they now have two cameras in Disneyland.
There are two cameras up there now. I think we saw them adding it or adjusting it when we were there on 6/1/07 (I think the pictures show it, but I'm blocked from seeing my pictures from work to check). Its pointed toward Nemo. But I could be wrong when it was put up. :D