PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's vs Cape May b-fast

mudpuppysmom
04-03-2007, 06:35 PM
We are going in May and since DH will be joining us --he likes to sit down and eat breakfast -- I made an ADR at Chef Mickey's, but I've been reading some things on here that tell me we might want to try Cape May.

Tell me the good, bad and ugly (if any ugliness can be had at Disney:D )

Raye3201
04-03-2007, 06:48 PM
I would choose Chef Mickey's over Cape May any day. The Beach Club is our home resort and we've been to The Cape May Cafe many times, but Chef Mickey's has the monorail view which is very cool for grown-ups and kids alike. Chef Mickey's also has Mickey himself - can't beat that! :mickey:

Melanie
04-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Chef Mickey's is loud and crazy with the monorail setting, and Cape May is laid back and much more quiet, with a beachy setting. Both are buffets, both are located at resorts. I'd choose whichever appeals to you.

Personally, I'd go for the laid back beach setting! :sun:

TiggerRPh
04-04-2007, 01:57 AM
We are going in May and since DH will be joining us --he likes to sit down and eat breakfast -- I made an ADR at Chef Mickey's, but I've been reading some things on here that tell me we might want to try Cape May.

Tell me the good, bad and ugly (if any ugliness can be had at Disney:D )

To tell you the truth....I really don't care for either one. As Mel had mentioned....Chef Mickey's is loud and crazy. It's loosely controlled chaos....we won't go there anymore, I don't come out of there relaxed and it sets the day badly for us.

As for Cape May....decent food...nothing to shout about but we found the service there to be lacking....very inattentive.

There are other and better character dining options for breakfast to choose from. Have you tried Ohana or 1900 Park Faire (Grand Floridian)?

pox24
04-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Sorry Tigger but that's the whole point of Chef Mickeys. Its for kids. For a grownup breakfast then that's different. I prefer in room dining overlooking whatever is outside our balcony or the GF Cafe.

DVC2004
04-04-2007, 01:34 PM
I didn't like Chef Mickey's either. It was crazy- people running around, the characters seemed rushed when interacting. The time we went the food was not good- cold and as though it had been sitting a while. My kids did not enjoy it. Also, whenever a character did come to interact with our kids, other people's kids would run over and ask for thier autograph. (I know I know, they're kids, but I feel the parents should have watched them as I do with my kids).Every single picture we have includes some else's family.

We did enjoy Cape May. My kids got ample time with the characters and saw them each several times. Also it was not as chaotic, which was better for our family as my oldest has an autistic spectrum disorder and is easily flustered.

Maybe we went on an off day to Chef Mickey's, but my pick would be Cape May.

Goes4FastPass
04-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Where are you staying?

Cape May from a non-Boardwalk area resort would be a journey. An hour each way.

mudpuppysmom
04-04-2007, 04:02 PM
We are staying at SOG and we will have a car, so travel time will be much easier than the bus situation!!

DS is 5, we have been to Chef Mickey's already, but he DOES ask when we can eat there again......I know different characters are at Cape May, but I think something a little less chaotic would be nice for our family. The food was not problematic at CM's it was the noise and the rushing of the characters I did not really care for -- don't get me wrong, we did have a good time, it was just really LOUD! Oh, and one more thing I did not like.....a woman in front of me had come before her ADR time with a party of three and she was WAY before her ADR time.....it was for 11 am and she was there at 7:45 claiming she would have never made the ADR since DME was picking them up at 9:30 -- so they gave her the table right away and we were on time for our ADR and when asked how long we'd have to wait the CM said, they had just given away the last 3 top for about 20 minutes -- thanks to someone showing up basically without and ADR (3 hrs and 15 minutes early to me is not "early" for your ressie!!). So that turned me off......Really though, once we got seated DS actually ATE FOOD and he liked the characters -- it was a good experience, just looking for a little calmer one this time around!!

Maleficent's Dad
04-04-2007, 08:27 PM
First off, I will admit that I am biased towards the BC and all in that area.

Secondly, I have to tell you that Chef Mickey's is the only place my family has ever seen Minnie and Mickey SPRINTING around a room. And the music is so loud, when you're done eating, your ears feel like you just came out of a rock concert!!!

I know different characters are at Cape May
Cape May has Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale (sometimes just one of the chipmunks running around). Chef Mickey's has more characters, but they are much more rushed than they are at Cape May.

Good luck in your decision!!! :mickey:

NJGIRL
04-05-2007, 10:29 AM
We liked both places.

Chef Mickey's was alot of fun and a little crazy and loud.

Cape May was more relaxed, quiet and we had alot more character interaction.

Both served the same good food.