PDA

View Full Version : Are Disney Gift Cards good at the WDW Theme Parks?

Mickey's Pal
04-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I went back & forth on where to place this (theme parks, vac planning, etc.)... I hope I picked the right spot. :blush:

Does anyone know if the Disney Gift Cards purchased either online or in-store are good at the parks? I know that the Disney Dollars are good, but I wanted to make sure that the gift cards were as well.

THANKS in advance for your help!

robhink
04-03-2007, 04:43 PM
According to the official Disney Gift Card site the Gift Cards are valid at most of the shops/restaurants at Disney World. There may be carts that won't take the card as well as non Disney restaurants (Rainforest Cafe for example) but most places will take it.

CraniumCommando
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I used one at the Xmas store at DTD, and also to pay for some food at the Artist's Palette at Sartoga Springs.

Fangorn
04-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Virtually any place you can use your room key to charge something, you can use a WDW gift card. I've done it. They work great.

Steve

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 03:33 PM
you might want to call disney and ask b/c if you bought the cards at The Disney Store, they may not work at teh Parks. The Childrens Place now owns The Disney Stores, so I would check into it by calling...

Touchdown
04-04-2007, 04:37 PM
^Or you could go with Disney Dollars they are still sold at DS and good at the parks (my sister just used some at DL I bought for her at a Disney Store so I know they are still good.)

sainter
04-05-2007, 01:46 AM
We used Disney gift cards to pay for our room, gifts , snacks ans meals last month. I think there was only one little ice cream cart that did not have a card reader on the whole 10 day trip. It was very convenient. I did take a mini Sharpie marker wrote the balance on the cards as we went along but you do get a receipt with every transaction.

TIdoubleGR
04-05-2007, 07:28 AM
I know that if you purchase the Disney Gift Cards through a Scrip program (fundraising program used typically in schools), that they should be good for the parks-- our band boosters use Scrip as a fundraiser and offer the cards. It's really nice because I can purchase as much as I want, knowing that our band boosters will get 7% back, even though I will get the same exact amount I paid for on my card to use on a trip. :thumbsup:

Figgyluv03
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Disney Store Gift Cards are not valid at Disney World. The Disney Store was bought by the Children's Place about two or three years ago (Bad choice if you ask me!). If you have them, I would go back to the Disney Store and purchase Disney Dollars since those can be used in the park.

Patti
04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Be aware that there are two types of gift cards. Disney Store gift cards are not good at WDW. Make sure you purchase WDW gift cards to be used at WDW. I think the Disney Store sells them also.

MargaretMessler
04-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Be aware that there are two types of gift cards. Disney Store gift cards are not good at WDW. Make sure you purchase WDW gift cards to be used at WDW. I think the Disney Store sells them also.

Yes, they do. I saw them at our local store the other day, and placed a gentle hint (ok, maybe not so gentle) about how that would be an excellent birthday gift seeing as I'll be heading down a couple weeks afterward. :number1:

BelleandtheBeast
04-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Yes they do, I think this is a great thing too, since a lot of Disney fans love visiting WDW and possibly get gift cards for holiday presents. :party: