PDA

View Full Version : Flyin Solo Where and Why?

mdricks
04-03-2007, 03:51 PM
This is my 3rd solo trip and i have a pretty good idea what to do but i thought i would throw it out and get your thoughts.

If you were to eat a solo meal at the world where would you go and why?

:chef:

Goofeygal
04-03-2007, 04:57 PM
If I had a choice the first place that come to mind in BOMA at AKL. It is a buffet and has the best food I have ever eaten.:number1: :mickey: :thumbsup:

BellewanaB
04-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Horray to solo travel!

I've eaten at the brewery a NUMBER of times at the Boardwalk because, a) it's affordable, esp at lunch, b) outside seating is great for people watching and c) I love a nice, frosty ale when enjoying my fav book

Germany Beer Garden (ok, swear I'm not an alcoholic) if I'm in the mood to socialize-I've totally been adopted a number of times because of the banquet style seating.

Irish Pub in Pleasure Island- Lots of Irish like to go there on vaca (Irish and American/Irish) and they're all SUPER friendly and fun to talk with and I love watching the Irish step dancers and listening to the live bands (kinda loud and makes talking tough sometimes). the food is to DIE for! Little pricier but TOTALLY worth it!

Have fun!

maizey05
04-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I second the comment about Raeglan Road (Irish Resturant). The servers are super friendly, and chatted it up with us. The decor is neat and historical. Didn't get to stay for the step dancing, but wished I would've. Oh, also Marrakesh is great too. It's kind of like a dinner show, so there's the entertainment factor plus great food at both places. Enjoy!

Crow
04-03-2007, 07:25 PM
what was that about the :beer: ?
ive done lots of solos....mostly eat at the WS countries. thats where im plannnin my solo May trip. so far Le Cellier, CA Grill and Coral Reef booked, might change Coral.
i want to do AP again...then in Epcot probably 9 Dragons, San Angel or AKershus..
ive done Boma solo, Kona, etc and they are good.

mdricks
04-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks to all. I've done biergarten (Hoy Hoy Hoy!!) I also have done Cali Grill, Narcossess, Chefs, Sushi in Japan, Rose and Crown, and Fulton's. All were very good meals although for the solo experience Sushi and Biergarten were the best.

Turns out an old friend of mine from Jacksonville is going to come up and meet me so no solo trip this year.

I'm still doing biergarten :cheers:

:beer: :beer:

Hoy!