PDA

View Full Version : Happy Limo

dizneyfreek
04-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Anyone use this service? What were your experiences? anyone else recommend another transportation service? We know about DME but we have ADR for H&V in the afternoon and want to be sure to get there in time.

faline
04-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I've used them a number of times and have been pleased with the service.

edwards2301
04-04-2007, 12:29 PM
I have used them five times and I have nothing but great things to say. They are usually waiting on me when I arrive to the baggage area. Friendly, clean, and courteous:mickey:

LoriMistress
04-04-2007, 08:47 PM
I was planning on using them as well. I've only heard one complain out of about twenty rave reviews from other people.

Bruegge
04-05-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm a little concerned...

I just booked them for the first time... all you guys sounded so positive...

I was told that because I was coming in on Southwest ..area/terminal "A" I had to call when I got my luggage to the curb and the driver would pull around???

I stated that this was a surpize for the family (not taking the shuttle) and I hoped for the gratuitous looking limo guy holding up the card with our name on it and helping with the Luggage as we walked to baggage claim.

He explained that in southwest's terminal they are not allowed to park outside?? And while he could come in and get us first and help with the luggage... it would take him 15-20 minutes to "go get the car"

Any of this make sense??

Scott

TiggerRPh
04-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Anyone use this service? What were your experiences? anyone else recommend another transportation service? We know about DME but we have ADR for H&V in the afternoon and want to be sure to get there in time.

We have used them in the past and provide excellent service.

Christine
04-06-2007, 12:45 AM
I love Happy Limo! I have used them 6 times and never had a complaint. When you land and go retrieve your luggage, you call them and let them know you're there with your bags. They will tell you where to go, and a car will be there in minutes.

I would not hesitate to recommend Happy Limo to anyone! Great service!

Strmchsr
04-06-2007, 08:28 AM
He explained that in southwest's terminal they are not allowed to park outside?? And while he could come in and get us first and help with the luggage... it would take him 15-20 minutes to "go get the car"

What they told you is correct. Last time we used them we flew SW and had to do this. The limos are only allowed short "pick up only" parking in this terminal. They can't just park and wait.

Mickey26
04-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is that the policy for all airline terminals or only SW?
Most limo companies still advertise the meet and greet and we are hoping for their assistance with our luggage when we go.

TiggerRPh
04-07-2007, 03:29 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is that the policy for all airline terminals or only SW?
Most limo companies still advertise the meet and greet and we are hoping for their assistance with our luggage when we go.

It depends on what terminal your airline is in. You'll have to check with the towncar service to see.

We've flown Midwest and met the driver at baggage claim, but I know that others flying other airlines have not been able to do this.

Bruegge
04-07-2007, 11:57 AM
The Happy guys said it was due to the Terminal... I thought he said bulilding A??

I must admit it's a surpize to the DW.... I told her we're taking the old Mears shuttle...so I was hoping for the "driver" to do the whole sign and and at least offer to help with the luggage thing.

Just calling once I get to the curb..... shoot I might as well get a cab

Scott

TiggerRPh
04-07-2007, 01:09 PM
The Happy guys said it was due to the Terminal... I thought he said bulilding A??

I must admit it's a surpize to the DW.... I told her we're taking the old Mears shuttle...so I was hoping for the "driver" to do the whole sign and and at least offer to help with the luggage thing.

Just calling once I get to the curb..... shoot I might as well get a cab

You'll still get there quicker and get better service. Depending on the size of your party...it may actually be cheaper.

PirateLover
04-07-2007, 07:53 PM
I find the SW pick up info interesting because we flew South West on our last trip and used a different limo service. The man was indeed standing there with a sign with our name and helped us with the luggage. I believe he may have had to go retrieve the car from another spot, he wasn't right out front... but it did not take long at all. It sounds like a trivial matter but it really is neat to see someone standing there with your name on a sign :D
PM me if you want the name of the company I used because I don't think I can post it as it is not an Intercot sponsor like Happy Limo.

LoriMistress
04-08-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm replying again because I'm actually NOT going to use Happy Limo. I've heard several complains regarding them, and on top of it all off they add many other fees and charge extra. You'll be paying a total around $140 if using their towncar only. I'm going to be using Sunray Transportation. I haven't heard one complain regarding them--and they're much cheaper. The price you see is what you get. They give you a 1/2 grocery stop and if you use a code for towncar service total will cost $82!!!!