PDA

View Full Version : Character interactions

DIppy Dawg
04-03-2007, 01:59 PM
We are leaving in 4 1/2 days:thumbsup: !!!!!!!! We would like to bring things for the characters for some fun interactions. For example we are bring a jar of honey for Pooh and some nuts for Chip and Dale. What have you brought and do you have any other ideas??

mmouse566
04-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Cute ideas. Just be aware their "paws" can make holding smaller or slippery things difficult. Also, you might want to be sure you save those "gifts" for at designated character spots where there are also cast members who can actually take care of your gifts so it does not interfere with their interactions with other guests.

tink2006
04-03-2007, 04:12 PM
What a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!:mickey: :number1:

DDuck66
04-04-2007, 11:07 AM
A lot of times we make sure that we have a favorite shirt or hat when we are seeing the characters. I always make sure to have my DD shirt and hat on when I visit Donald, and my wife has a great Chip and Dale t-shirt. The charecters always like to see themselves promoted!!!! I like the idea of a gift for them...Maybe Donald would like one of my old sailor hats from my Navy days???

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 12:47 PM
I have never brought the character gifts, but sometime we do silly things, like square dance with woody and jesse...

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
One other thing we did when we were on the College Program, the guys would get down on one knee and propose to the princess or minnie....it made fantastic pictures.

Blue Genie
04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Just like the other person said. I always ware one of my Disney shirt that has a character on it that I want them to see. They just love that stuff and they may command you on it. Like on Sat. when I went to Disneyland I had on my blue Princess Aurora shirt on I wanted her to see it and when I got to Ariel's Grotto for lunch Ariel had look at my shirt and said that Aurora is one of her best friends and that she is here today in her pink dress. I told her I know I saw her when I was walking down the stairs to meet u. Then later about 10 to 15 minutes Aurora came to my table and saw my shirt of her and she said. I love that shirt and I see that u got Merryweather's favorite color on. I said to her I've been wanting to show u my shirt.

The other character shirts I have are.

Donald Duck x5
Goofy
Tigger x 3
Capt. Hook x2
Belle & Beast x2
Ariel
Aurora x2
Mickey x2

These are all that I have. On a side note. The X next to them means that is how many shirts I have with that character.

Frog
04-06-2007, 09:49 AM
DD (8) made a friendship bracelet on the drive from Texas. We thought nothing of it until she pulled it out to give to Minnie and said "I made this for ya, Minnie" at Toon Town meet and greet...
Pretty cool moment for my sweetheart and me!
One of those that makes the whole trip real memorable.

Nick Mc
04-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Yes, Gifts are a great idea, i'm sure the characters will enjoy it.. Also when visiting the characters they like to play as well... go up there very energetic, they really like that.. I played fetch with Pluto one time at Character Connection at EPCOT, i brought him a little dog toy! It was so much fun, he cought it in his mouth.

TikiGoddess
04-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Try bringing a crocodile puppet to scare Cap'n Hook with... :thumbsup:

We'll be doing that one again. :D
TikiG

The Bookseller
04-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Gifts are a great idea. The trick is to chose a gift that would fit the character perfectly and to be sincere about it.

I have given a gift to Belle on my last trip; a copy of my favorite poetry book! I got a hug from her. :cloud9:

Brer Robert
04-10-2007, 09:31 AM
The idea of giving gifts to the characters is a wonderful one. How about if you show the White Rabbit a wrist-watch and telling him that the two of you are actually on time? Or if you give Lilo a peanut butter sandwich, she'd most likely give it to her friend Pudge the Fish(we all know by now that he controls the weather). Another great gift to give characters is a very good drawing of them, of course you'd have to have awesome talent with pencil and paper to be most successful.

Vickie46
04-11-2007, 09:26 AM
We bring Cheese to Mickey and Minnie, Nuts to Chip and Dale, Banana to King Louie, Carrot to Rabbit, Honey to Pooh, Roses to the Princesses, Bone to Pluto... I cant' remember what else.. I would love to hear more ideas though.. this is a HUGE HUGE hit on our trips!:mickey:

SallyfromDE
04-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Kirsta likes to give Snow White an apple.

Jasper
04-30-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't want to be a wet blanket on the subject of giving gifts to characters, but I think this is important to be aware of.

We had some friends go to WDW back in February and they did the same thing. The husband in this scenario said that while the others were playing with Chip he was talking to Chip's handler who retired from another job and went to work for Disney back in the early 90's.

During part of their conversation he asked the CM what they do with the gifts the characters get. The CM said that unfortunately things have changed a great deal since September 11, 2001. Prior to that time the CM's would collect what wouldn't spoil and was appropriate and give it to charity and such. However, after 9/11 the fear arose that someone would act through these gifts to harm others. As a result, all food items go straight into the trash once they get backstage and other things like toys and such are collected and taken to a central point where they are scanned and such to look for explosives or other problems. She said she is not sure, but thinks these things are destroyed as well.

She also said CM are now given training in spotting suspicious items and how to handle them. Needless to say she didn't go into detail on the subject.

Like I said, I do not want to be a wet blanket but I think it is important to know what is going to happen to your gifts. Bottom line is; there is no reason to stop doing this but just don't spend lots of money on expensive items.

I also want to express my opinion that I support Disney in what they are doing to protect both CM and guests.

Frank Bullitt
04-30-2007, 04:33 PM
I hate being the cynical one (maybe its because I'm back here in rainy, windy Chicago versus in WDW) but having worked with people in the law enforcement arena I unfortunately concur with what Jasper says, it really is a sad reflection of the times when people who are trained to create "magic" have to watch out for the same things that TSA screeners and sky-marshals have to watch for.
I had been tempted in the past to give gifts to the characters but my 1st visit back in 2005 I had chatted with a CM who told me the same thing that was told to the previous poster; "great idea, nice thought, but don't give anything irreplacable or expensive because 9 times out of 10 its going in the breakroom trash can because of post 9-11 security reasons"
Don't get me wrong I am a huge WDW fan and a bigger fan of the characters, and I also concur with what the poster said about not discouraging giving gifts but just keep in mind what was said...