PDA

View Full Version : 50's Prime Time vs H&V

Disneyatic
04-03-2007, 01:14 PM
I am debating between these 2 places for dinner on our MGM night.
Right now we have the Fantasmic Pkg with H&V but since we are going the 2nd week of September I don't think crowd wise it will be necessary to do the package.

What are your thoughts on these 2 restaurants? We aren't against buffets but we like to have a fun atmosphere. :clappy: :eat:
Do you think we need to keep the Fantasmic package to ensure a seat without having to wait over an hour?

Belle_0717
04-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I would forget the H&V dinner package. I have never had a problem getting a seat for the show. The reserved area is to the right side of the stadium and walking in you can get a seat in the middle. I love 50's Prime Time over H&V.

wdwfamily531
04-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Our family has never been to Hollywood and Vine, so I don't know what that experience is like. We have been to 50's Prime Time several times and love it. It is a very fun place to dine at and the food is pretty good.
I don't think you would need the Fantasmic package though. We went the 2nd week of September last year and found seats for our group of 12 with no problem about 25-30 minutes before the show.

Disdad13
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
We have eaten at both 50's and H&V. 50's is the winner hands-down both in food and atmosphere. Further, we have been there the last two Septembers, didn't do a Fantasmic package either time, and had no problem walking in about a half hour or so before the show started and getting a good seat. Drop H&V package, go to 50's, eat a good meal and enjoy Fantasmic!

disneydrmr
04-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I ate at both when I went in December and I liked 50's Prime better. First - you get served and after walking thru the park all day it's nice to sit down to a meal to rest your feet. Second - what a great atmosphere! Our server was not 'into' the whole scene - but other servers around us were and it was quite fun! Either one you choose though you won't go wrong cause the food at H&V was good also.

DizneyRox
04-03-2007, 02:46 PM
We won't be returning to H&V again. We went on our last trip because we had never tried it. No one in our party left with a good vibe about the place.

It was just blah, seemed like you're just eating in a business cafeteria frankly.

Prime Time would be my choice every single time. The choices for food over at MGM seem to be dwindling. Maybe it's just the park itself and since we don't spend much time there it feels like ther's no food there either.

SBETigg
04-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I've never tried 50s Prime Time but I am not a fan of Hollywood & Vine. Overwarmed buffet food, nothing extraordinary, bland atmosphere. I'm not into the whole 50s scenario either, but I would live through it rather than eat at H & V again.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
04-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Coming from someone who signed up forthe H&V package just a couple months ago, Im still going to give it a try before I knock it - reason we chose it is because on our first day of getting there, we are arriving after a flight from Winnipeg to Minneapolis, then Minneapolis to Orlando...it is going to be a VERY long day and NorthWest Air doesnt give much for food on our plane ride as far as I know..so we are going to be starving by the time we get there! Plus my DGF has never been to WDW before - so that alone will be lots of fun (shes beein to DL, but does that count? We're talking THE WORLD here, people!). So I thought it would be nice to initially start our trip with dinner at a buffey to cure our starvation, then head off to the magical Fantasmic! show - hopefully I'm not too disappointed by the H&V!

Chris :hatter:

DisneyDude1977
04-03-2007, 08:18 PM
The 50s definitely tops HV. It is just such a fun place, nothing like anywhere else as far as I am concerned. I love it, and the fried chicken is a must have!

Disneyatic
04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
We have decided to change to 50's Prime Time and cancel the Fantasmic package. Hopefully it won't be a busy time and we'll be able to get a good seat on our own after dinner.
Glad to hear that they have good fried chicken. My DH has jokingly asked "Doesn't any place have fried chicken?" everytime I mention a restaurant choice (he doesn't get to have it much at home!), so with this one, HE GETS HIS WISH :mickey:

Thank you to everyone for the feedback!

DDuck66
04-04-2007, 11:00 AM
When you check in at Prime Time make sure to let the hostess know that you want a server that will "have fun". If Sister Jamie is working ask for her. The right server makes the good food even more enjoyable. Make sure you keep your elbows off the table and to clean your plates.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-04-2007, 12:06 PM
I think you've made a great choice moving to the Prime Time Cafe.

We've done both, and although there was nothing wrong with H&V, it wasn't anything special either. We really enjoyed the food at Prime Time, and had a ball (our server even climbed through the window!).

You'll enjoy it! Great choice! :thumbsup: