PDA

View Full Version : EMH Worth It?

wdwjenn
04-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Is it worth it to plan to visit the parks during Extra Magic Hours or are they just too crowded for the number of rides that are open:confused:

A few years ago we went to the Magic Kingdom on E-Ride nights and found they were great - we were able to ride most rides 2 or 3 times with minimal wait :mjump:

Thank's for your input :rocks:

mttafire
04-03-2007, 12:40 PM
When we USED to go during emh's It always seems to be a waste. We would goto parks that are NOT emh's and actually ride MORE. Others may have different results but imho, If you go during busy times, go to the parks on days that do not have an emh. During slower times of the year we dont even pay attention whether there is an emh or not. "The lines are small". In short...We do not like visiting a parks on its designated emh day.:mickey:

kathiep
04-03-2007, 01:00 PM
We were there last September and loved the evening EMH at MK. Granted, September is a slower time of year anyway, but we were able to easily get on and off the rides.

It wasn't crowded and the atmosphere seemed to have a little extra magic.

Speedy1998
04-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Morning EMH yes. Evening EMH no, unless you are planning on staying till the bitter end, which in some cases may be 2am.

Last time we did morning EMH though, we were able to ride everything in Fantasyland before the park opened to regular guest (very important when you bring kids 5 and 2).

SurferStitch
04-03-2007, 01:12 PM
DH and I did a couple evening EMH's in December, and they were great. One night was at Epcot, and we literally had the Living Seas to ourselves, and had the characters to ourselves at the meet and greet in Future World. It was awesome. The other night was at MK (open till 1:00 am), and the park was pretty empty by around 11:00 pm. We had a blast, especially since it was our last night at WDW.

Morning EMH's are just too early for us, so we didn't do any of them. Maybe this year....

MOJoe
04-03-2007, 01:46 PM
It seems the only way to avoid the crowds at WDW is to be there when others are unwilling. If you can get your group going at dawn, then hitting the early EMH park will give you 2 or 3 hours of relatively crowd free touring. On the other hand, if your group is a bunch of night owls, you can go to the park with the late EM Hours and stay till midnight, 1 or 2 a.m. My group has done both, but leans toward the late nights. Both ways have been fabulous - walking on rides with no lines in the morning, and staying on rides without disembarking in the evening.:thumbsup: Choose what works best for your group.

Goofeygal
04-03-2007, 01:52 PM
The one park I find is not worth EMH is MGM studios. Not that many rides so the lines tene to be quit long.

Marker
04-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Personally, I am a great fan of EMH. I often go both morning and evening.

In the morning, you have the crispness of a new day, and very few people. Many rides you can just walk up and step right on. In MK, rides in Fantasy Land have virtually no line whatsoever. At the Studios, I was able to ride RnRC & TOT, several times each with very little wait.

In the evening, you have the magic of the lights and the darkness, and an ever thinning crowd. When we were there last month, I stayed in the MK until 2 a.m. You could walk right onto BTMRR, HM, POTC.

Now I do understand that during the day, the EMH park can be more crowded, but that's why I make use of my park hopper and hop over to another park, or go back to the resort and rest up for the night.

Yep, I am a total fan of EMH.

future_imagineer
04-03-2007, 05:53 PM
My personal opinion...
Morning - No, unless you are okay with staying for an hour and then hopping to another park. It is slightly less crowded during EMH, but an hour goes by very fast. Most of the onsite guests go to the same park, and it gets very crowded.

Evening - These are decent; many times, I/we will go to x park during the day and just stay for an hour or so at y park for EMH to do a few rides with longer waits.

Mickey's Pal
04-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Along the same lines as other posters...

I would skip the day-time hours with the EMH park (morning or evening EMHs)... BUT! If you are a night owl, then I'd head to the park with the evening EMH's around 7-8pm and stay through the EMH's. The parks are GREAT once they close to the public. You really get the "run" of things. ;)

BellewanaB
04-03-2007, 06:29 PM
I keep having a difficult time with Studios Morning EMH- there's not much open and my bad luck force field keeps things from opperatin on time. I've had RnRC and TOT BOTH down during the EMH one time...grr!)

I'm cool with hopping after the EMH is over (yes, it gets WAY too crowded!) and also at night it takes a while sometimes to get the general public out so the first hour of the three extra is kinda a wash (get dinner or something!)

I love using them still, I'm just more careful with my choices.

dumbo ears
04-04-2007, 11:54 PM
emh is the best thing WDW has ever done.

KODABEAR
04-05-2007, 05:18 AM
We use the EMH'S. Do a few rides then spend time walking and enjoying the Florida air when the sun is gone. Also a great time to pickout gifts and have them sent back to the resort. :cloud9:

yemmer
04-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Just retuned yesterday and without early entry we would have waited forever for many of the rides. It depends when you are going and if it is a crowded time of year. If it is crowded-it will definately be worth it. This week the park opened at 7AM and we knocked out many of the rides by the time the park opened at 8Am to the public

tommymac5
04-06-2007, 09:41 AM
only one opinion in a million but: In numerous trips my wife and I have decided to entirely avoid the park that has morning EMH. These parks fill up quickly and tend to stay busy most of the day.

We give evening EMH a :thumbsup: We usually arrive at the park near scheduled closing time, have little problem getting in and getting wristbands. And almost never wait on long lines.

Kairi_7378
04-06-2007, 10:12 AM
We were in DW last week (March 26-30.) We tried EMH's twice during the trip. Check to see which rides are open before deciding where to go for EMH's. If you're a morning person, I think the morning hours are a better idea than the night ones.

The first night, we tried EMH's at MGM. This worked out great for the Star Wars ride and the GMR. However, the lines were VERY long for ToT and RRC so we decided to come back another time for RRC. The nice thing about EMH's is that it is easy to get the wrist bands, and if you decide that the park is too crowded, you can leave.

We did find that the morning EMH's were perfect for visiting Fantasyland in the MK during a peak season. (Almost everyone else that was there in the morning ran to Tomorrowland and we liesurely walked to Dumbo.) We rode everything in Fantasyland in the hour before the park officially opened. Not having small children, I'm not sure how easy it would be to wake them up early to get to the park at opening. The one thing that I didn't like about MK morning EMH's is that they didn't have the opening ceremony, just a countdown to park opening.

Pop Centurion
04-06-2007, 03:44 PM
My GF and I have taken advantage of the evening EMH for the past two years and loved it. Granted it all depends on the time of year. We did it in Sept. when the parks aren't all that crowded to begin with. In MK we were able to do the 3 mountains without a wait. BTMRR was especially easy to get multiple rides. I want to try the morning EMH but always sleep late. :(

Christine
04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
We don't do morning EMH's because we don't do mornings...period.

But we do pm EMH's. I think they are very worth it. We are night owls, so when all the sleepy heads start steadily trickling out of the parks we have the place all to ourselves!