PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on July 4th

cinderellagrl
04-03-2007, 11:35 AM
My family and I will be heading to the WDW the first week of July and...opps... Just realized we made plans over July 4th! Oh no...
Has anyone been during this time, and if so what do we need to know to make the most out of this day?
i.e. crowd managment, special events, ect..

Thanks!

tomorrowschild
04-03-2007, 11:45 AM
We have been to WDW on July 4th the past 2 years. You need to know that whole first week of July is very, very busy. You need to take it easy and not stress. The parks will be open very late those days- so take advantage of it. If you are staying on property make sure you use the evening EMH's. Because the parks are open late to begin with they will be open very very late with the EMH. Last year we stayed at MK until 3 in the morning (it was open until 4). You will find the lines way less if you are willing to use the extra late EMH.

Make sure that you go to the MK to see the special 4th of July fireworks (they are amazing). I would suggest going to them on the 3rd of July. It will be a bit less busy then the 4th, but the same amazing fireworks.
***Make sure that if you do decide to visit a park on the 4th that you go early (before noon) sometimes the parks will reach capacity and you can be told that they will not admit you.

The first week of July is managable, actually we have had wonderful trips during this time, just take your time and know that it will be very busy. Have fun!:mickey:

tomorrowschild
04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I have posted a link to my brothers trip report for July 4th 2006, this will give you some idea about how to handel the crowds.

July 4th (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=77190)

I have also posted a link to the 3rd of July.

July 3rd (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=77143)

Touchdown
04-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Since the crowds are going to be there, you may as well take advantage of the holiday fireworks. Realize that the MK has its 4th of July fireworks on the 4th and the 3rd (which is great for us because we fly back the 4th,) so that you can actually see two different shows, as to what to do on the 4th people here seem to recomend Epcot over the other offerings.

wdw_bound
04-03-2007, 09:31 PM
This year on the 4th at MK, 1,000 people will become US citizens in a special naturalization ceremony (I got this info from other sites). Even if each one of them only has a few guests, that's a lot of extra people. They will also participate in a parade following the ceremony.

There will also be a special celebration in the America Pavillion that evening.