PDA

View Full Version : Gene Simmons' Family Jewels

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Is anybody else out there addicted to this show? I know he is a ego maniac to the extreme, and a lot of it seems a little too "staged", but my daughter and I are just in love with this show. They seem like a tight family, and the two kids seem so normal. Especially comparing them to the Osbourne kids. We just sit on our couch and laugh at their antics and we are always sad when the episode is over. Very enjoyable TV for us. :thumbsup:

Momof2boys
04-03-2007, 10:55 AM
We love that show too, Donna ! I'm glad that they decided to do a 2nd season ~ this week with the plastic surgery was hilarious with Shannon pulling his gown to the side. :covered:

I think Nick & Sophie are great kids :thumbsup:

offwego
04-03-2007, 10:59 AM
I love it! I thought the part where the costume went missing in the hotel was too funny.

And I agree he's an egomaniac but really does seem to care about his family and his mom despite being all about Gene all the time etc.

I can't believe how normal the kids seem. I suspect the highly staged manner in which they have it filmed helps with that as well though. It just seems to me that the do a good job of "picking" when they are going to be filming so that they still have plenty of private time vs the way similiar shows are done.

NJGIRL
04-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I think this show is so funny. I do think it's scripted thou. I catch it when I can and the last show I saw was when she tricked him into having plastic surgery. I guess we all know who really rules their house.

JPL
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Great show :thumbsup: I can tell you from the few experiences I have with Gene he is really like that. He is constantly thinking about making money. I'm sure some of it is set up all those shows are but I think a good part of it is spontaneous.

Caroleh
04-03-2007, 06:45 PM
We love this show!!!! It's one of the few shows that I do watch. Shannon is the boss of that house!!! Nick and Sophie seem like really down to earth kids.

Boojum
04-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Gene, as a person, fascinates me. I read his biography called Kiss and Make Up. On the one hand, he's a responsible guy who has a great work ethic and a wonderful attitude toward life. On the other hand, he's so addicted to womanizing that it almost seems like an illness.

I think Nick and Sophie are great kids, and Shannon seems to know EXACTLY how to handle Gene. Shannon's sister cracks me up, too.

I have a friend who was Gene's dental hygeinist for awhile, and she used to talk about what a gentleman he was--at least in the dentist's chair. I guess she could always threaten him with a drill if he made any wrong moves....:thumbsup: