PDA

View Full Version : Leaving on a high note - our last meal, where?

sleepingbooty
04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
We like to do Magic Kingdom on our last day (half day, really). I thought it'd be fun to have a late lunch around 2:00 at Chef Mickeys before we head home. Magical Express will pick us up around 5 for a 7:30 flight. But when I called to make the ressie I found that they're not open for lunch. Now I'm trying to find an alternative that would be fun. Basically - something that we'll be looking forward to so its not so sad when we leave Magic Kingdom behind. Ohana would be an obvious choice, except we like to eat there on our first evening, so I don't think I'd want to go there twice in one trip. Any suggestions?

Michigander
04-03-2007, 10:57 AM
you could go to the Crystal Palace for heir all you can eat buffett. It's got great food and the character's from Winnie the Pooh. Even if your children are older or your just 2 adults it's still lots of fun.:mickey:

Bruegge
04-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Any chance on getting Cindy's castle ressie for lunch??

Major Domi prime rib veggie puff pastry thingy....yum

Scott

Belle_0717
04-03-2007, 01:27 PM
My DH and I like to have our last meal at WDW in the MK at Tony's. The soup and sandwich combo is the best option and don't forget the breadsticks. Hit the Bakery for a cookie to take on the plane and the Confectioners for something sweet to hold you over in the airport.

raider97
04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
We have an ADR for our last day at Crystal Palace. We have never been there before, but thought it might be nice for our last day and it has some good reviews.

Hope you have a great trip!!

ElenitaB
04-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Keep in mind that you'll be flying shortly after eating lunch so don't have anything heavy!

Any chance on getting Cindy's castle ressie for lunch??

Major Domi prime rib veggie puff pastry thingy....yum
That's exactly what I thought in 2004 and I had exactly that... it was one of the only times ever that I've felt sick on a flight home.

I like the idea of Tony's (particularly if you can time it to be eating on the porch when the parade goes by), and getting some goodies for the plane ride home.:thumbsup:

WDW1985
04-03-2007, 04:49 PM
While growing up, my parents would always use that departing meal as the "transition back to reality meal" which meant we usually ate at the hotel or something on the way, so kudos to you for deciding to go out on a high note! I would agree with the other members that the crystal palace is a nice way to do it if you can get into the park ok. However if you have little ones it would be pretty rough to go in and right out of the Magic Kingdom! It's a tough choice, but the Crystal Palace would be fast and you can always gaurantee good food and a fun atmosphere for your last Disney meal.

:mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. We'll actually be in Magic Kingdom all morning, WDW1985, so it won't be a problem going in and out. The only thing is, I actually don't want to eat in the park. It so sad when you're leaving the park that I don't want leaving to be the last thing we do that day. I thought if we knew we were heading out for a fun meal (like at Chef Mickeys, but its not to be:( ), then it wouldn't be such a bummer as we head out. If we eat in the park, then leaving will still be the last thing we do. I'm thinking, what about Whispering Canyon Cafe? We could take the boat over from Magic Kingdom. That might be fun, we never been there, but I've heard good things.

caryrae
04-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't if you will have kids ages 3-10 with you but maybe if you eat a later breakfast or brunch or even an early lunch this little tea party sounds like a fun time for parents and adults.

Wonderland Tea Party:
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

An hour long tea party for children, hosted by the characters from Alice in Wonderland. Children make and eat cupcakes, make flower bouquets, enjoy a story, eat lunch, and have tea with the characters.

Children must be potty trained and ages 3-10.
Cancellation within 24 hours will be subject to full charge.
Schedule: Monday through Friday at 1:30PM
Available to all guests. Space is limited.
Price: $28.17 per child
Reservations: Call 407-WDW-DINE