PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea or Bad Planning?

MOJoe
04-03-2007, 10:29 AM
For our June WDW trip my touring plans include all the evening EMH parks. During Spring Break last year we stayed at MK till 2 a.m. and had a blast. Walked on everything for the last 2 hours. The next day, however, we couldn't get going till noon. Is it realistic to skip WDW in the mornings, arrive at the park after lunch time, and stay till park closing - midnight or later? Has anyone else tried this? Am I NUTS?

SBETigg
04-03-2007, 11:12 AM
It's a realistic and workable plan, as long as you plan to stay late and make the most of it. You'll probably run into more park congestion from about 4 pm to an hour after close. A lot of people who avoid the evening EMH parks due to crowds haven't stayed late to really reap the benefits. But it is true that the evening EMH park will probably be the most crowded park for a period of time until well after regular park closing.

tomorrowschild
04-03-2007, 11:38 AM
This is what we do during the summer. We go in July. We sleep in- go to the pool- relax. Then around 5 ish we head to a park. We have annual passes so we never feel like it is a waste of a day. :mickey:

Kerry823
04-03-2007, 01:24 PM
We have found it a better experience for us to do as many evening EMH as possible and sleep in mornings. For us, DD is 14, the parks thin out after the parade and fireworks and we can do a lot of riding in a short period of time without the excess foot and stroller traffic. We are more rested and enjoy our time more. I think it is what works best for you!

disneymom2000
04-03-2007, 07:35 PM
I am all for EMH. I would rather have a less crowded park late at night and wake up late the next morning. The bonuses are that you get to ride the really good without the lines, able to walk through the parks with no crowds and getting into the park the next day without having to wait through the incredible crowds trying to get in first. Also, the breakfast crowds are way down at those hard to get in restaurants. :cloud9:

LudwigVonDrake
04-03-2007, 07:46 PM
I used to do WDW commando-style and found by the end of the trip, I needed a vacation from my vacation :D

Now if it's a late night at the parks, sleep a little later and rest up. It's not a sin :mickey:

I now go back to the resort in the middle of the day to swim or eat at the hotel. You'll find that you still do everything you want to do and you're NOT exhausted when you go home :tink:

battle beast
04-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I took advantage of the Extra MAgic Hours and belive me, the lines for some rides were EXTREMELY short.

Sleep in, and go untill the EMH run out... you won't regret it!

slt21
04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
It's definitely the way I like to go. For people who are early risers (or with young children who need naps), I recommend going early, taking a hotel break in the afternoon, and then going back for a couple hours in the evening.

However, as a teenager who despises getting up before mid morning, I much prefer heading to the park with EMH at around 11am or noon, and then taking a break for an an hour or two in the mid-afternoon - I generally don't go back to the hotel; I just either head to a nearby restaurant (like at the Boardwalk), or eat in the park and spend an hour browsing the shops to avoid the worst of the heat and get some extended air-conditioning time.

Once early evening sets in, I head back to the attractions and go for as long and as late as I can.

If I were getting up at 7am to head out, I don't think even the magic of Disney would help me, lol.

PeterPan
04-03-2007, 09:49 PM
This plan may work fine for you, however, we love the afternoon parades, the shows, the live entertainment that you can only get during daylight hours. We opt to go really early in the mornings, stay until about 2:00 p.m. - go back to the resort and GO TO SLEEP, then head back to the parks refreshed and ready to do EMH. Only about once during a vacation will we "sleep in." I think we will get in as much as you by doing the nap in the middle of the day rather than sleep late.

BelleandtheBeast
04-03-2007, 11:24 PM
January and early Feb. is the best time to go. Fewer crowds and more relaxing. :mickey:

TinyTink
04-04-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm not really a morning person, so evening EMH have always worked for me, even in the summertime. If you have to do certain attractions have a gameplan before you go, but if not just relax and enjoy the parks at night, then sleep in the next day.:cloud9:

Goes4FastPass
04-04-2007, 12:23 PM
When Florida gets hot and muggy ALL WDW parks are more plesant at midnight than mid afternoon.

People who sleep late at Disney World or sit and wait for someone to bring them powdered eggs confound me - but they give me short/no wait access to top attractions.

We use Park Hoppers to...
1. Hit a park at it's opening
2. Tour 'til just after the afternoon parade when we're bushed and the park is hot and crowded.
3. Swim and take a real nap.
4. Close an evening EMH park.
5. Repeat

Speedy1998
04-04-2007, 12:52 PM
I met a family last summer who had an intresting touring plan. They got up early and went to either TL or BB. They would stay till around noon, come back to the hotel where they would sleep for a few hours. Around 5 or 6 they would go to which ever park had EMH in the evening.

Marilyn Michetti
04-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Sounds like fun. Probably not as hot, and less crowded with strollers? In Dec., the parks aren't open that late - I think midnight on MVMCP nights, - so we close Epcot at 9:00, and go back to the resort. We stayed until 11:00 after the party, and it just felt so different. That's the way I would want to do it during hot months.:moon:

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Im all for EMH and sleeping in...

MOJoe
04-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. We'll be there June 10th - 16th. I'll post some trip reports and let you know how well this worked for us. Can't Wait! :mickey: