PDA

View Full Version : It's open!!!

terri.m
04-03-2007, 10:27 AM
and it's more amazing than i could have imagined!!

Alice ride is so awesome! Peter Pan is too. Hula was riding behind me.

VMK outdid themselves on this one!:cloud9:

Mr. Tom Morrow
04-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Awesome Changes:thumbsup:
I've always been a dark ride fan. I was able to get on both rides early on today and both of them are great! I prefer the Peter Pan ride though( Thats always been on of my favorites)The colours on these rides are fantastic
A lot of the other changes are in effect today as well. The new hair styles, the clear room button, how the rooms load , the trade upgrades,and the ability to let people move your items.:cool:
I didn't see the new furniture for sale yet.

BronxTigger
04-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I can't wait to see it! When I log in to VMK, I keep getting disconnected.

Must. Keep. Trying.....

JPL
04-03-2007, 11:00 AM
I am stuck at work until 9PM :mad:

:fit: :fit: :rant: :fit: :angry: :sad: :sob:

Patricia
04-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Aww, stinks to be JP.

I have yet to see it, but hope to get there soon..

Chescat
04-03-2007, 11:35 AM
JP, I've been through both and getting the pictures up here hopefully in about ten minutes. Nachocat and I are going around and around. We want that Mad Tea Party pin!!!

What happens is if a person win a sword in the stone one time use pin. You go to the stone and get a mad tea part pin. Got a picture of that also and will post.

My cheshire cat has his own room. :cloud9:

Patricia
04-03-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm in.

The colors in the attractions are great! They did a wonderful job. The attractions give out random Sword in the Stone single use magic as well. You will get a message if you've won this.

Also, I noticed while looking around there is a new Peter Pan quest on the "Q" button.

As of right now the Tomorrowland Quests are still the same. I'm not sure how much longer you have to complete these.

Enjoy, I'll keep adding as I find out more info.

Chescat
04-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Okay pictures are going up JP and for anybody else that can't get on the game. I also will put the picture of the Mad Hatter Pin in there also. Saw it on somebody.

They are here now. Put up description of room, then the ride:

Fantasyland Pictures (http://new.photos.yahoo.com/vmkphotos/album/576460762396277760)

jjramsey
04-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Great shots Chescat!

Thanks!!

Will have to wait until I get home from work also...

Chescat
04-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Another nice feature that newletter had talked about. You put your cursor over a character and you can see their title. Some of the pictures show that. :mickey:

You can also click on things in the ride and they animate. I love the sounds in there too (and normally I don't have my sound on).

At least in Peter Pan if you change your shirt during the ride, you ship sail matches what you are wearing. This is cool.

Patricia
04-03-2007, 01:17 PM
The Mad Tea Party Pin is the prize for the Sword and the Stone Magic.

Aslo, the ride pieces animate when you pass them. The ride vehicles in Alice change color when you change rooms.

Look for your shadow in Pan.. all the boats have them. Such detail. :thumbsup:

Patricia
04-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Can anyone confirm that Pan is giving out the single use magic? So far I only have it confirmed coming from Alice.

JPL
04-03-2007, 01:47 PM
I wanna play :(
:fit: :fit: :fit: :fit:

Jeremy
04-03-2007, 01:51 PM
How do you get the sowrd in the stone magic pin?

Ive done the quest, i thought that would be it but just a pin not magic.:confused:

WDWfanatic742
04-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Went through each once already and didn't get anything. Let me make a list of everything new:

Fanatasyland Courtyard
Peter Pan Ride
Alice in Wonderland Ride
Name above person your mouse is on
Other guests in your room can move items
Sword in the Stone Magic
Clear Room Option
Mad Tea Party Pin
Loading Screen
VMK Map Page
New Loading Procedure

I'm assuming that there will be more stuff that we didn't know about when Yavn updates the newsletter.

Anyway, my take on things. They really have outdone themselves with this. Even riding second and third times the rides aren't boring at all. You just love the atmosphere with the music and all of the themeing that went into these. Peter Pan could be worked on just a little on it's ending (there really isn't an ending to the ride in my opinion), but I can live. Great job VMK and hope to see more of it!

Patricia
04-03-2007, 01:54 PM
I wanna play :(

:fit: :fit: :fit: :fit:

Look at it this way.. you have days ahead of you to catch up.

:hatter: :ccat:

Patricia
04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
When doing the Peter Pan quest watch for this common mistake.

Finish the lyrics..

______the leader, the leader. We're ______ the leader, wherever he may go.

You have to say "following the leader" . So many people are getting the amount of leaders mixed up and are only saying "following following" and becoming very frustrated.

Chescat
04-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Can anyone confirm that Pan is giving out the single use magic? So far I only have it confirmed coming from Alice.
Nachocat and I both got ours from Alice. The pin is an expired 1 day pin. I took a picture of my badge but didn't have time to post it up. Will get that tonite.

Cat tried hers and got nothing. Said didn't pull sword out of stone. I still have mine since I couldn't get people to move and had to leave. Is there something special you need to do after you hit your magic pin. :confused:

Chescat
04-03-2007, 02:46 PM
When doing the Peter Pan quest watch for this common mistake.

Finish the lyrics..

______the leader, the leader. We're ______ the leader, wherever he may go.

You have to say "following the leader following" . So many people are getting the amount of leaders mixed up and are only saying "following following" and becoming very frustrated.

I just said "following the leader" and it worked. :blush:

goofhook
04-03-2007, 03:16 PM
All this stuff is just too good to be true, but the only thing I don't get is the Sword in Stone magic. Could someone fill me in on it a little more?

Chescat
04-03-2007, 03:29 PM
You win a Sword in the Stone one time use magic by riding either Alice or Peter Pan ride. Its random who gets it. I rode about 10 times on each ride and happened to win one. You have one day to use it.

When you go up to the Sword in the stone, have your magic pin on. You either click the magic or say "Draw!". Then you find out if you win the Mad Hatter Party Pin or not. That is also random.

Blue Genie
04-03-2007, 03:31 PM
I give up trying to get that magic pin. I've been on both rides about a donzen times now and I still haven't got it. I did crash one time on Alice. I'm losing my credits from trying to get that magic pin.:fit: :cry: :crying:

WDWfanatic742
04-03-2007, 03:43 PM
After 15 times, I just now got the magic pin. I guess I don't have the strength to pull out the sword :(

Patricia
04-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah. 20 rides, 1pin, no prize.

Tomorrow got 5 pins in 7 rides, but is a weakling and can't get that sword out. :D

Mr. Tom Morrow
04-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Yeah. 20 rides, 1pin, no prize.

Tomorrow got 5 pins in 7 rides, but is a weakling and can't get that sword out. :D

:lift: :strong: Weakling huh :strong: :lift:

WDWfanatic742
04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Also, according to some other people there are a couple more new things. There is new music in pirates (in game or lobby, no idea?), and the number generator's go up to 9 and they spin differently.

Blue Genie
04-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Well I'm at about 20 rides and I still can't get the pin. I think VMK hates me. First it cheats on my in pirates when I play flag and I have the flag or other team dies it gives other time the win and there there is Fireworks can't get my fireworks pins. (I know you will get it for me cat.) and now this. I'm losing my credit. I'm at 50,898 were it was 51,000. I want to get some stuff when it comes out so I don't want to loose my credits.

Jeremy
04-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Well I cant seem to get a magic pin eather.:(

oh well maybe one day:)

varcity
04-03-2007, 06:22 PM
1 pin in 3 rides for me!

The only thing I wish I could see (bad eyes and all at my young age) is the "disney" in the blocks when we ride through Wendy, Jon, and Michael's room. In DLR they have that and it's one of my favorite parts of the ride! :mickey:

Absolutely love the new forecourt. To me, VMK is the park away from the park. But it was always just a minor escape because it was all the same. Now with these three things being based off the real thing, I am completly excited! :mickey:

LittleDragonErin
04-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Okay, so has anybody else thought about the rooms themselves and those 150 pieces of furniture designed for these rides?

Essentially this is the guest room which I'm assuming we will be able to get and decorate ourselves. But when it loads, look how empty it is. And it makes you realize how much of the ride is made up of additional furniture. For example the backdrops on the walls. The moving water on the floor. Even the cardboard standups of the characters.

So will we really be able to get all this furniture? I highly doubt we'll be able to have our own Peter Pan and Capt. Hook standees. But then again, who knows?

I just found that part of this update really really interesting.

chrisb26
04-03-2007, 11:47 PM
I was able to get 4 tries at the Sword however I am apparently too weak to get the sword out. I really like these new rides I am so glad VMK added them and they did an amazing job with them. I remember when I first joined VMK I would try and go on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain now I can finally ride a couple rides in VMK! I don't know if I really like the fact that you have to pay 10 credits to ride because in my attempt to get more Sword in The Stone Magic I used a lot of credits I could have spent in better places. They are great rides.

The move other people's furniture option I don't really find a point to it. I was in a trade room today and the owner set everything to move able so it was crazy in that room. I don't know what the use of it could be. I could imagine a game room but then the people in line could mess with the furniture and you have no way of actually tell who it is moving the furniture.

The Clear the room button is great! I am so happy for this I have so many junk rooms and now I can finally be able to organize it. Before it would have taken me way to long to go and pick everything up. Now I can do it much faster which is something I am happy about.

I also like how you can just put your curser over a person and you can see their title it is good for when I don’t want to click on them and have their pins and everything pop up.

The trade window is something I like also I like to be able to see what an item looks like so much easier. I didn't like having to double click on an item to see what it looked like. You also couldn't really see what you were always putting in the trade window so that is nice.

Great updates VMK! :number1:

WDWfanatic742
04-04-2007, 01:09 AM
I figured out one of the items that they will be selling soon. The log's in the Alice in Wonderland ride have the option to sit down on them. Since we can't get off of the ride, that would make it just a little pointless to have this option.

Jeremy
04-04-2007, 01:26 AM
I did get one pin tonight,but I was to weak to
pull the sword up.

I got it on the pan ride.

Them rides are so cool!:thumbsup:

Blue Genie
04-04-2007, 02:03 AM
I had knowest something today when I was on the Pan ride. That is there is no Tinker Bell in that ride at all.

Randypandy
04-04-2007, 02:13 AM
I got 4 pins yesterday and no tea cup pin. said i wasn't strong enough. oh well i'll try again today when i log in. I got plenty of credits.:D i used vmk pal and took pictures of all the rides. Oh by the way chescat i finished all the tomorrowland quests and im helping others finish theirs. only thing is the timer is off for the diver quest.had one player that did diver and she ran out of time. tried to tell her not to press next task till she got closer to the next item and she didn't get it.

trackbarroness
04-04-2007, 08:39 AM
The pictures look awesome cat, and I can't wait to actually see the ride rooms myself. So it costs 10 credits to ride? So the new turnstiles are in play then uh? Are they buyable? :D I still want to buy a quest machine imagine how awesome that would be huh cat? :D

Chescat
04-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Well I'm at about 20 rides and I still can't get the pin. I think VMK hates me. First it cheats on my in pirates when I play flag and I have the flag or other team dies it gives other time the win and there there is Fireworks can't get my fireworks pins. (I know you will get it for me cat.) and now this. I'm losing my credit. I'm at 50,898 were it was 51,000. I want to get some stuff when it comes out so I don't want to loose my credits.
Take a look in your inventory this morning. :D

The pictures look awesome cat, and I can't wait to actually see the ride rooms myself. So it costs 10 credits to ride? So the new turnstiles are in play then uh? Are they buyable? :D I still want to buy a quest machine imagine how awesome that would be huh cat? :D
That's our next goal is to get your quest machine. Its do able. Can't buy any of the pieces or the turnstiles yet.

jjramsey
04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
What is up in the inventory Chescat?

Yesterday, Goofy spent a number of hours...and credits in the rides and got a couple of teacup pins. Duck, Lpiglet and myself...nothing...

Lpiglet likes the rooms, but for the time and credits you put into trying to get a pin from the 'stone,' she feels it is about as bad as trying to 'earning' credits by playing the diving game and picking up clams ;)

Chescat
04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
What is up in the inventory Chescat?

Yesterday, Goofy spent a number of hours...and credits in the rides and got a couple of teacup pins. Duck, Lpiglet and myself...nothing...
Genie got himself a bronze and a silver fireworks pin. ;)

Hey, can we all pay Goofy to keep riding for this week and get us those pins! :blush:

Blue Genie
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I quick riding them rides. I was on them today for 5 times and I still can't get my first magic pin. Just like JK said today. It is random all right random enogh for me and JP not to get any magic pins.:mad: :fit: :rant: :angry: and if there was a Jafar face on here I would put that on here to.

Patricia
04-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Some day our pins will come..

mjaclyn
04-04-2007, 04:46 PM
So far I've gotten two Sword in the Stone pins but no luck pulling the sword out of the stone... *sigh*

RicksCafe
04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Tomorrow.... is a weakling and can't get that sword out. :DThus inspiring my new musical extravaganza...

If you liked The Sword and the Sorceror, if you loved Disney's "The Lion King", you'll love RicksCafe's "The Weakling"

Here is a snippet. I'll be playing the role of "Tom." And I've recruited See.low to play the part of "Patti." Enjoy.

Tom:
I'm gonna be a mighty king, when I pull out this sword!

Patti:
Can’t we go play some pirates now
I’m getting rather bored.

Tom:
I like this VMK sword game
But I can’t get this out
I'm pulling up and heaving ho
I think I’m gonna shout

Patti:
Thus far a rather uninspiring thing

Tom:
Yes, I’m just too weak to be king!

Ricks (who would like to thank See, Tom, Patti, and all the other little people who made this possible)

varcity
04-04-2007, 05:48 PM
anyone else getting less credits in the music games? I only got ten just now...

Chescat
04-04-2007, 08:14 PM
anyone else getting less credits in the music games? I only got ten just now...
Is this really true?? Anybody?? :confused:

And Ricks I love your new musical extravaganza.:encore: :notworth:

Mr. Tom Morrow
04-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Tom:
Yes, I’m just too weak to be king!

:humph:

varcity
04-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Ok, I got back on later and played at the street music game, got 25 credits.

Earlier I played on the monorail and got 10 credits.

And two days ago I got my 100th play in the monorail, so it must be a combonation between street/monorail to get to 100 because I can never get credits for playing in both rooms within the same 15 minute period

Patricia
04-05-2007, 10:34 AM
I have no idea what Varcity just said, but I'll agree with him. :crazy:

Tricks, thanks for the play starring Tom and Patti!

Tom, you'll always have that whole a.door.able thing going on. Go with your strong traits! (pun intended)

MrDownTown
04-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I did it finally!!!

It just takes some time, i would those rides pretty much all night i got five magic pins through out the day. I got my last magic pin at like 11:58 so i didnt have time to use it last night. But the first thing i did this morning was try it and it worked!!!

varcity
04-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I have no idea what Varcity just said, but I'll agree with him. :crazy:
[/I]

Imagine how I feel... :ill:

Chescat
04-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Apparently, Monorail music mix now only gives 10 credits. But Street Lobby is still giving 25 credits. :blush:

varcity
04-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Cat has just been hired as my translater... :party:

Jeremy
04-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Myself,I can't play any music games the last 2 days.
I crash every time.

I played fire works and I can not get any credits
I even got second place but no credits.
and three times when waiting for the next level
to load, it goes back to the lobby.:confused:

anyone else have this problem

janebanks
04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Some day our pins will come.. :laughing:

cEveArdenfan
04-07-2007, 01:11 PM
:idea: Just a little thing I noticed, in the loading screen, the white rabbit's watch is backwards.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Sorry for bringing this thread up again, but I kinda wanted to get my brain cleared out here. I was gone for a week and bam here comes a new ride already. Wah!

Peter Pan Ride
Alice in Wonderland Ride
Sword in the Stone Magic
Mad Tea Party Pin So when did these happen (stuff above)? I probably missed it right? :sob:

WDWfanatic742
04-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Tuesday

Hopefully, the Mad Tea Party pin comes back. So far, nobody knows what is going on.

WDWfanatic742
04-09-2007, 01:25 AM
How about at the end of the ride, you enter a shop which sells the different items in the ride including the ride pieces instead of just putting them in IASWI? After awhile, if they decide to add anymore rides it would make so many pieces in one shop. Then of course, it makes sense that they would make a ride that empties into a shop. What Disney ride doesn't do that or in fact, any ride period?

varcity
04-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Then of course, it makes sense that they would make a ride that empties into a shop. What Disney ride doesn't do that or in fact, any ride period?

Ah, disney marketing at it's finest. Sounds logical fan, however, without a true profit coming from shop credits, I doubt VMK would try to do that. :mickey:

I do think that if fan had VMK his way, no one would ever sign off. Way too many good ideas!

WDWfanatic742
04-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Thank you, Thank you :mickey: