PDA

View Full Version : How available are taxi cabs?

January-2007
04-03-2007, 08:49 AM
I just had a thought. The reason we want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge is mainly because its location. We love love love Fort Wilderness but I don't want to drive to Florida so we can't camp there and we don't love the idea of bunkbeds in the cabins. Last trip we went to Fort Wilderness from Pop Century and it took sooo long. So now I'm wondering, how available are taxi cabs in Walt Disney World? I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I hate to drive while on vacation, so I wouldn't want to rent a car, but if cabs were readily available, maybe we could use them when we wanted to go somewhere that involved transferring, and eating up a large part of the day. Does anybody have any information they could share with me on this subject? How hard would it be to find a taxi?

phillydan
04-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Cabs are readily available at any hotel; the bell stand will hail one for you. Even with the 'free' Disney transportation, the $10 (or less) you spend on a cab gives you speedy, door-to-door service. It's a great option if you are short on time or just plain worn out. We started doing this after we spent 20 minutes sitting on the monorail and missed our ADR's at O'hana's.
:(

faline
04-03-2007, 10:13 AM
If you're headed to Fort Wilderness from Wilderness Lodge, you can take the boat.

A Mouse Fan
04-03-2007, 11:00 AM
When we stayed at the WL a few years ago, I was actually at a convention that I had to catch a bus for at Coronado Springs. I used the Taxi service at the WL numerous times and I never had to wait once...there were always taxi's available. I also didn't find the cost to be too expensive...It was worth it to get their in 10 minutes rather than an hour or more!

Checkers
04-03-2007, 01:57 PM
:mickey: When we were down in Jan. we had dinner at Artist's Point at the WL and took a cab back to our resort (BWV). Bell Services called a cab for us (there were none there at the time) and it worked out well. I don't think you will have a problem. Have fun!

Grace
04-04-2007, 05:05 PM
:mickey: We have used the cabs many, many times and the service has always been good. A cab is always available, and the time saved and travel convenience is well worth the cost. And it's a great stress-reducer! ;)

Sir Notlob
04-05-2007, 02:54 PM
This is good to hear. I'll be there in September, and we are doing the Rose and Crown for dinner during Illuminations. Crowds shouldn't be too bad, but I like the option of exiting Epcot through the International gateway and grabbing a cab back to the hotel from the Beach Club.