PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for Kids with New Kidneys

merlinmagic4
04-03-2007, 07:23 AM
I was wondering if you could help me out with some pixie dust here.

My son and another boy his age both had kidney transplants (one day apart) in November. They are both having some issues.

The other boy has PTLD which is a cancer in the lymph system brought on by immune suppression. He has like 15 tumors on his kidney and a few on his liver, spleen, and colon. This is a boy who went through dialysis (we never did) and received a cadaver kidney. They were on top of the world! This is such a big blow.

We have a much smaller problem but my son is dealing with a latent virus also brought on by immune suppression that can destroy the kidney (thankfully it only attacks the kidney and nothing else). We thought it was getting better but it's not.

So, do you have any spare pixie dust? My friends need more but we could use a little, too. I feel so selfish that I am just hoping to get to Disney next week and they're probably fighting for his life.

Jeri Lynn
04-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Kelly,
I'm sorry to hear of your son's health problems and those of the other young boy. Sending loads of pixie dust magic to your family and the other famiy in hopes that both boys will recover soon.

Please go and enjoy your WDW vacation and do not feel guilty. Enjoy all the magical memories that you will be making and let us here on intercot work our pixie dust magic.

DVC2004
04-03-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about the setbacks. Prayers and pixie dust on the way.

Mickey'sGirl
04-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Kelly I am thinking of you and your family every day....and sending some super powered :pixie: for your son and his friend. :mickey:

Hammer
04-03-2007, 08:27 AM
As my mother recently received a kidney transplant (like the other family, hers was not from a live donor), I am sending lots of :pixie: and prayers to both of your families!

DizNee143
04-03-2007, 08:38 AM
pixie dust is on the way!! please keep us updated!! im hoping for the best!!!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Christine
04-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Tons of prayers and :pixie: for both boys! Please keep us updated on their progress...
:hug:

bucky at disney
04-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Prayers for your family and the other boys as well.

RedSoxFan
04-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Sending lots of prayers and well wishes for your son and the other boy's family.

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Sending lots of :pixie: dust to both boys. Hope they both are feeling better soon and get some relief from medical procedures.

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 04:01 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and prayers on the way.

ElenitaB
04-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Kelly, here's a truckload of :pixie: for each of the boys! I was so touched by your concern for the other boy... God bless you!

I hope that you enjoy your trip. Getting away and enjoying yourself there (all of you) will do you all a world of good. As a dear friend once said (the one who posted two above me :hug: ), not all healing happens in a medical setting.

Lots of prayers for the two kidney kids!

Cinderelley
04-03-2007, 08:02 PM
I'll keep your family and the other boy's family on our church's prayer list.

How old are they? I hope you enjoy your trip!

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Sending loads and loads of :pixie: :pixie: and prayers your family's way, and for the other boy you know - I so hope things turn around for both of you! And like everyone else said, don't feel bad about your trip - you definitely deserve the joy & happiness it will bring you, and when you get home, you'll be better off as a family, and able to be even stronger for your friends. Keep us posted on how the boys are doing!!

MsMin
04-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Sending loads of :pixie: and prayers for all.
Hoping your dreams come true!

Beast_fanatic
04-03-2007, 11:35 PM
:pixie: on the way!

Auntie
04-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Thoughts and prayers for your son and certainly for the other little guy as well.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Prayers and pixie dust to both little guys. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for both of them. Go and enjoy your trip.:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Jimenyfan
04-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Kelly, Prayers and pixie dust to you and the other little boys family. When it comes to our children no problem seems to small. An extra prayer is being said right now for you.

daparish
04-08-2007, 09:08 AM
More prayers and pixie dust coming your way and for the other family also.

mtown71
04-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Still more prayers & pixie dust heading your way from my corner of the world!

disneydeb
04-08-2007, 01:55 PM
:pixie: I'm sending a trainload of pixie dust for those boys!