PDA

View Full Version : Pirate and Princess Party

wdwvacationeer
04-03-2007, 06:40 AM
I noticed that the Pirate and Princess Party is taking place in the MK during the time that we will be in WDW. Has anyone been to this? We are considering going, but would like some opinions before we try and work it into our plans. It looks like it would be a lot of fun.

AuntDJ
04-03-2007, 09:13 AM
I went to this in March. We had a great time, we concentrated on characters and not rides, and I feel like that is how you should approach hard ticket events. Usually there are characters that you can't get normally.

We had Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Ariel, Pocahontas and the respective PRINCES...I have never seen the men in their lives, so this was exciting for us! We didn't get to Jack Sparrow as his line was super long, but we were girls and the princesses were more important to us!

One thing to keep in mind, it seemed that the princesses took a break every 30 minutes, which for the most part was okay, as they brought other characters to take their place (the genie, abu, the racoon from Pocahontas), but Ariel didn't have a replacement, and we were stuck for 30 minutes just sitting there, no one told us what was going on and we didn't move...it was frustrating as the Sebastian dance party is going on next door, and the kids could have gone there while we waited!

Also, I also wish we would have taken the day of the party as an "off" day, or at least a day where we slept in and took it easy. Instead we went full force and we were enhausted by 9:30-10:00.

Enjoy!
DJ