PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Getaway?

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 04:45 AM
:mickey: Okay - my last trip was with my DD's, and you all were awesome with ideas and great tips for travelling with young children.

This time, my DH and I are getting away, just us, for a long wknd - so I'm wondering - what are some "can't miss" things for couples to do or see while at WDW? We'll be there during I'cot's anniv. bash, so I'm sure we'll be busy with some of those activities, but beyond all the rides and normal stuff most people want to do - I would love some ideas for aspects of Disney that parents miss out on when they've got their young ones w/ them. Restaurants that are more geared for romance... quiet, getaway spots that are nice for walking or just taking in the scenery... stuff like that.

Come on, all you seasoned travellers - I'll bet you've got more ideas than we'll ever even be able to fit in!! Bring 'em on! :heart: :thanks: :thanks:

faline
04-03-2007, 05:37 AM
You might start with these suggestions:

Romance at Disney World (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp)

One of the great things about traveling without children is the ability to stop and pay attention to the things that interest you. Explore the garden areas of Japan, United Kingdom, and Canada.

Enjoy each of the countries in Epcot at your own pace. Take a tour - one that doesn't allow young children. Linger over a nice breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Enjoy a wonderful dinner at California Grill (or Narcoosee's or Victoria and Albert's or Le Cellier).

Take a breakfast tray from the Main Street Bakery to the end of the street, find a table and enjoy people watching while you eat.

Enjoy a food and wine festival seminar.

McGeorge
04-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Consider taking a horse and carriage ride from Port Orleans Riverside. Before or after the ride, stroll through Riverside and FQ. Riverside has beautiful woods to walk through and FQ has romantic paths and nice scenery.

sleepingbooty
04-03-2007, 10:52 AM
We too are going for a couples only getaway in August for our 10th anniversary. I'm really looking forward to spending a lot of time in the World Showcase, something we haven't gotten to do much of. It will be nice to just linger over some adult beverages! We're not going with much of a plan (which is the opposite of how we do it with the kids!), with the exception of dinner reservations. I can't wait to be able to do whatever we feel like without factoring in baby swaps. It'll just be nice to be able to sit together on rides, instead of each of us with one of the girls! We'll probably do more shopping at DDT than usual, and we may take in La Nouba - something we've been reluctant to take the little ones to because of the cost of tickets.

xipetotec
04-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Well we took one of these last October. We go about every two years with not only our 3 kids, but gandparents, and sometimes cousins and aunts. Big crowd. We'd always vowed we'd go "just to two of us". Sort of like the honeymoon we'd never had.

but I digress. Things that were special for us:
The Epcot Food and Wine Festival as a whole. This was just so special and really a more "grown up" oriented thing. This goes along with a walk along the world showcase at night. ( whether or not it's the festival season )

Dinner at San Angel Inn. Dark lighting and comfy atmosphere.

A ride through the TTA with just your SO.

What could be more romantic than a ride through the Haunted Mansion with just your SO... well okay, maybe that's just us :hmghost:

Strolling down main street, stopping in for a casual breakfast snack at the bakery.

Really, I admit I'm a bit at a loss. I found that just being out and about with her ANYWHERE in the world was just amazing and romantic.

ENJOY THE TIME OFF!!!

BellewanaB
04-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Depends on what you two condider romantic...

My DBF and i are thrill seaker and I'm surprising him with skydiving on our next trip. They also have parasailing on the lake near MK and if your combinde weight is under 300 you can go up together!

Depending on finances, seein Illumination from your own boat on the Lagoon is not to be missed!

Also, I'm not sure if the GF still does this but you can have your own private dinner served to you in your room on your balcony (and if your face the fireworks you can coordinate the time)

If money is a concern, rose petals and affordable champane go a long way...just gotta be creative with how you'll sneak it down or let Disney take care of it.

The Boardwalk is VERY romantic at night and walking over to the Yacht and Beach and cuddling on the swings or on beach chairs on the water and watching Illuminations is very fun. Also, if staying in a MK resort, the water pagent is very short but romantic to watch. The boats used to shuttle you to parks are somtimes empty and very fun to cuddle in.

LOVE the Swiss Fam Rob Tree house at night, esp where you can look at Cindy's castle and into tomorrow land. Have lingered at that point during the quiet times of the year and never been bothered. Gonna see if may be we can get up there for Wishes this time.

Totally have gotten our own boat for PotC before, again, not a busy time of year.

Also love walking around park after fireworks (to let crowds diffuse) and just enjoy one another hand in hand, perhaps sipping a coffe or an adult coffee if not in MK.

Pleasure Island is great for dancing- we totally connect over dancing but if you or your honey look like napoleon dynamite dancing this may not be an option. (there's always the sprinkler, grocery shoping and mowing the lawn?)

Oh! You can also sometimes requst towel animals and request to have en envelope with a cute message in it placed with it. Like a "meet me at such and such" or just some tender words to let them know how special they are to you.

Also, never undersetimate room service and dimmed lights. :blush:

have fun!

Kairi_7378
04-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Schedule some "adult" dinners for you and your DH. CA Grill and Jiko are good choices. I'd also recommend the Fantasmic package at the Brown Derby if you're interested in going to MGM. The observation deck of the CA Grill is very romantic.

I'd consider taking a tour like Keys to the Kingdom, since you've been to WDW before. Savor the sights and smells in the World Showcase.

Spaceship Earth and Haunted Mansion are great places to cuddle!

allie_to_you
04-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Really, I admit I'm a bit at a loss. I found that just being out and about with her ANYWHERE in the world was just amazing and romantic.

ENJOY THE TIME OFF!!!

Awwww, how sweet. But I totally agree. My DH & I have been twice now together since we got married in 2004 and we looooove our trips alone. We are going back again this November and have even more things planned. I think just taking your time and relaxing and enjoying Disney without the hassle of having kids to take to the bathroom or other things you "have" to do, anything you do together can be romatic.

pox24
04-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Spend the few extra bucks and book at the Grand Floridian. Request either a dormer room or a standard in Boca Chica facing Narcoosee's. The BC room is the best deal with an awesome view. The dormer is a little more but truly unique. Citrico's would then be my choice for dinner. Take the fireworks cruise at night. Go to the spa. Lay on the white sand beach or enjoy the quiet adult pool while sipping an adult beverage. My wife and I did this for the very first time on our 5th and have been doing it every 5 years. It can be more costly than other WDW choices but I think its worth every penny, especially for a long week end getaway. If you need more info, let me know.