PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road vs Rose&Crown

HockeyKat
04-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Which would you suggest? Why?

Can you reserve R&C for an Illuminations viewing or does that cost extra?

Also, can anyone tell me if the "appetizers for two" at Raglan Road can be ordered as one appetizer on the DDP? The smoked salmon looks quite good.

Tynkerbelle
04-03-2007, 12:58 PM
It depends on what you're looking for...
We did a late dinner at Raglan Road last year and while it wasn't too crowded it was very loud - we couldn't hear each other talk. There was live entertainment - they were good but after a long day in the parks we just wanted to chill. Most people were there for the bar at that time of night.... I could see it would be a fun place to hang out at night but not for a late dinner....
As for the food - I definitely prefer R&C for both the menu selection and the quality. Last time I was there everyone in the party ordered something different and we shared - nothing was bad! And you can't beat the location!
You can't reserve an outside table, but when you check in if you tell them that's your preference and your willing to wait they'll try to accommodate. It worked for us and we were there during a crowded time of year...

BellewanaB
04-03-2007, 07:04 PM
For the R&C your ressies need to be made by 7 the latest! You need to be persistant with asking for waterfront seating-some will not accomodate you and will push to either seat you or ignore you ADR all together. Do not accept anythign too far unter the canopy, either, as it hides most of the show. You will probably be done your dinner uber early and just sit and wait for the show.
Hope you like coffee!
Also, when you do this, don't forget to tip your waitstaff accordingly! They might have had two table for the time it took to serve you. If you have an inexpensive bill, consider leaving a little bit more of a generous tip (can you tell I waited tables before?)

I liked the food and Ragdalin Road WAY better. Both are positively delicious but my palate loved some of the unique twosts they put on traditional favorites. It is VERY loud and difficult to talk but what else would an Irish Pub be?

Enjoy!

wire0monkey
04-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Rose & Crown and Raglan Road have different kinds of menus. RR tries to push a little more towards higher end dining. It tries for "gourmet Irish." RC tries for high quality, traditional British pub food.

RR gets an "A" for effort on menu creativity and a "C+" for execution. It gets an "A+" for presentation. The food was beautiful, but average.

RC gets a "B" for menu creativity, but an "A+" for quality of execution. It gets a "B" for presentation. The food was really good.

Service at RR was fast and professional, but no that friendly. Service at RC was really friendly. The servers were exceptional.

RR is a beautiful restaurant and has a great house band, but it's really loud.

RC is not as pretty as RR, but it's nice enough. There was someone playing the piano in the bar area, but you couldn't hear her in the restaurant area.

SBETigg
04-04-2007, 12:58 PM
For the R&C your ressies need to be made by 7 the latest! You need to be persistant with asking for waterfront seating-some will not accomodate you and will push to either seat you or ignore you ADR all together. Do not accept anythign too far unter the canopy, either, as it hides most of the show. You will probably be done your dinner uber early and just sit and wait for the show.

Enjoy!

Things change with WDW restaurants and this has definitely changed.

1) There is a two hour limit to dining at Rose & Crown now, so watch out with a pre-7 pm reservations if you plan to stay for Illuminations. Try 7:30 to 8:15 instead. I doubt they would ask anyone to leave, but they might start getting pushy if your dinner is over and you're lingering in hope for the show. That's just not enjoyable for anyone. Plan accordingly.

2) They will seat you where they seat you, and that's that. If you refuse the table, forget the ADR and go elsewhere. There is too much demand for the patio view to allow them to hold tables or shuffle the crowd around so that you get what you want. They won't do it anymore. They will not allow you a choice of tables. They have a viewing area that they will take you to if you get a table without a view, but that's what you have.

Appetizers for two are just that, and it will count as two appetizers. We're doing both Rose & Crown and Raglan Road next trip. I can't wait!

Maleficent's Dad
04-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Very tough to compare the two...

R&C has an excellent atmosphere - really great! It's more casual and relaxed. Servers are British, food is NOT gourmet but is hearty, beer selection is fine, location is to die for! :thumbsup:

Raglan Road does NOT have a stellar location (compared to R&C). The food is more expensive and geared towards the gourmet upscale client. Beer selection is AWESOME here. It is a HUGE - and I mean massive! - place!

Raglan Road is more Irish.
R&C is more British.
Food at both is fine, but I don't see either as anywhere near the best around...