PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin?

CandleontheWater
04-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Which resort is better the Swan or the Dolphin? We're going in Oct. for my husbands 26th birthday. We want to stay at the Swalphin because its close to back gate of Epcot (we're going during food and wine :wine: ) and because as a member of the military we get a great discount. I'm ready to make the ressies, but I can't decide which of the two to stay at. For those of you who have tried both (or even one or the other), which do you like better and why?

SallyP
04-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Swan has queen size or king size heavenly bed options whereas the Dolphins options are double or king. We always request a king but it isn't guaranteed so we book the Swan just in case we don't get the king.
Swan is smaller and quieter.
Dolphin has more of everything; people, shops, restaurants, lounges, and it has Picabu the 24 hour quick food place.

Dyanna
04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
As having stayed at the Dolphin many many years agao I would definately stay there again. They had more restaurants & I liked the pools better.

SteveL
04-03-2007, 12:58 PM
My experience has been that when booking with a discount, they usually place you where there is availability.
For our upcoming trip in April, I wanted the Swan but Dolphin was all that was available with the discount.

MOJoe
04-03-2007, 02:02 PM
The Grotto Pool is by the Dolphin, but you are a few steps closer to the Boardwalk at the Swan. I don't like kareoke so I couldn't bring myself to visit Kimonos at the Swan. I am however, looking forward to Bluezoo at the Dolphin. I guess it depends which amneties are most important to you.