PDA

View Full Version : Milk Allergy Suggestions?

disney323
04-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Our DS was recently diagnosed with a milk allergy. He will be 19 months old when we go to WDW in May. I am new to all of this so am very nervous to take him out to eat when I won't be able to read labels myslef. (this is not to be confused w/lactose intolerance, it's a true milk allergy and all proteins associated with it. Lots of stuff he can't eat!) Has anyone had any experience with the milk allergy issue in Disney? I hear they are very accommodating but wanted some reassurance! Thanks!

CleveSJM
04-02-2007, 10:33 PM
My little one has a milk (lactose) sensitivity as well. I'm sure sensitivities differ so I'd ask your doctor how careful you have to be to avoid. Since it took 19 months to diagnose I would think it's fairly slight, like my DD.

She can have a little ice cream, not a whole bowl. She can pretty much handle all the cheese and other "milk as an ingedient" items.

We do have her on Silk soymilk and was very happy to see it on the shelves all over Disney. I don't recall not seeing it at a food court or larger counter service restaurant.

As long as we watch the ice cream intake, we are fine around WDW.

Have a great trip. :mickey:

kakn7294
04-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Poor little guy - milk allergies are terrible! Thank goodness DD grew out of hers. She vomited horribly from even one little sip of milk or anything with milk in it. I remember those days of standing in the grocery store for what felt like hours reading the labels on all kinds of foods to find the ones without milk. I feel for you! We've never had the experience personally but from what I hear, the chefs at the TS restaurants are very accomodating - you can call the restaurants directly in advance and speak to the chef who will note the allergy and work with you to create a meal the little one can enjoy milk-free. I would think you can also bring food for him into the parks - I would suggest that you bring a note from his doctor explaining his allergy in case you are questioned.