PDA

View Full Version : No Food Court at BW

baldburke
04-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Has anyone that regularly uses the food courts gone to the Boardwalk and been dissapointed?

If we go for a week we might use a hotel's food court maybe four times. But it is nice to have something close at your location if you just want to grab a quick bite.

When we booked last Fall it was between AKL and BW. AKL won out because of the food court. We've been by and near the BW in the past and always liked its themeing.

There are enough places nearby between EPCOT, MGM, B&YC and Swan & Dolphin. But there is something to be said about just going downstairs for a bite vs. going downstairs and walking another half mile of getting on a boat to get a bite.

Seasonscraps
04-02-2007, 09:55 PM
They don't have a food court but there's plenty of things available on the boardwalk that are quick...the bakery, spoodles take out window, pool bar and Boardwalk Joe's.

It's not quite as convenient as a food court but there is still a nice variety available at the resort.

ElenitaB
04-02-2007, 10:06 PM
I agree with Christine... there are plenty of places to grab a quick bite. Plus you have something at the Boardwalk that you don't have at other resorts, which are the stands on the Boardwalk itself. You can get coffee, soft drinks, ice cream, funnel cakes, hot dogs, corn dogs, fries, chips (chips and chili), nachos, frozen drinks, etc. But for us the bottom line is that it's not so much the food available at the Boardwalk that makes us love it so much... it's more the atmosphere!

disney323
04-02-2007, 10:09 PM
You will not be dissappointed by the Boardwalk. This is our favorite place to stay because of the atmosphere as well as the wide selection of foods that are available. We especially enjoy the ESPN Club and Big River Grille Brewing. If you don't prefer a sit down type of meal you can get a pizza at the takeout window at Spoodles. I believe you can get other stuff too. There are carts with hot dogs, pretzels, chick nuggets etc. available also. There is also a bakery that has some wonderful after dinner treats, sandwiches as well. Yummy breakfast items too. Yummy coffee.
Hope you enjoy it!

baldburke
04-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the input everyone!

iceicebritney
04-08-2007, 04:21 PM
yes this is why we dont make repeated stays at the boardwalk. its not much of a resort all together. beach club also doesnt have a food court, so your kinda stuck.

if you want fast quick service your best bet is to stay at one of the value resorts because they have those huge cafeterias which seem to be what your looking for.

none of the more expensive resorts have very accomodating food courts, or bus service for that matter................. but thats a whole nother post.

Maleficent's Dad
04-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Wow, do I need to respectfully disagree with iceicebritney's post...

yes this is why we dont make repeated stays at the boardwalk. its not much of a resort all together. beach club also doesnt have a food court, so your kinda stuck.
Both the BC and BW have numerous options for quick bites. And to boot - they are surrounded by numerous resorts with additional choices. If you can't find a quick bite in the BC, YC, Swan, Dolphin, or BW, then head to EPCOT's WS to find something!!!

none of the more expensive resorts have very accomodating food courts
I'm assuming you've never stayed at the WL, GF, CR, Poly, or AKL. They all have "accomodating food courts" to say the least. Only, a "Food Court" at a deluxe resort is much more accomodating than those at other resorts! ;)

bus service for that matter................. but thats a whole nother post.
I guess you've made you're point - this is definitely another topic for another post! :mickey:

wendy*darling
04-08-2007, 07:29 PM
The Deluxe level of WDW resort is where the "food court" disappears.
You will find a food court, and only a food court, at the Value Resorts.
At the Moderate level, you will still have a food court, and a table service option as well.

Once you get to the Deluxe range, you loose the food court, but it is typically replaced by a quick service place of some sort. Mara(AKL) and Captain Cook's (Poly) are 2 more "food court"-like places. But the Boardwalk has many varied food options on the Boardwalk (in keeping with the theme of the resort), as mentioned above.
The Deluxe Resorts also have several table service options and room service, not available at the lower priced resorts.

It's all in what you prefer- look at the whole package before you choose a resort.

baldburke
04-09-2007, 10:18 PM
The Deluxe level of WDW resort is where the "food court" disappears.
You will find a food court, and only a food court, at the Value Resorts.
At the Moderate level, you will still have a food court, and a table service option as well.

Once you get to the Deluxe range, you loose the food court, but it is typically replaced by a quick service place of some sort. Mara(AKL) and Captain Cook's (Poly) are 2 more "food court"-like places. But the Boardwalk has many varied food options on the Boardwalk (in keeping with the theme of the resort), as mentioned above.
The Deluxe Resorts also have several table service options and room service, not available at the lower priced resorts.

It's all in what you prefer- look at the whole package before you choose a resort.

Thanks again for the info. I guess that was how we got confused. We've always had a food court at the moderates we stayed at. And at AKL they at least had a quick service place where we could get some chicken fingers or some of that gross pizza for the kids.

Lots of posts from close to home here. PSU, NY, S. Jersey. Thanks all!

LeeAnn
04-10-2007, 09:57 AM
What about the YC? What does it have in a Food Court-like place?

Even the GF has Gasparilla Grill.

Is the YC like the Boardwalk Inn w/ no Food Court-like area?

What are my choices for a quick breakfast on DDP (Snack Creadit or CS)?

May524
04-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I love the Boardwalk! I think it's great! It has so many dining options! If you want a quick casual dining experience try Big River Grille or ESPN zone, or get a corn dog basket from the vendor outside. That is one of the reasons why I loved the BW so much b/c of all the dining options :)
Sometimes the hustle and bustle of the food courts, like at POP, was more like a zoo...not so much enjoyable, more like being at the food court at the mall on a weekend close to Christmas, hehe!

KAT1811
04-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Baldburke I agree with the no food court problem. We stayed at the BC and that was one of my major complaints. We like to grab a quick dinner after a long day at the park without having to leave the hotel or have a formal sit down meal. We also like very different things on occasion. DD#1 may like to grab a bowl of cereal or bagel, DD#2 Mac & Cheese, DD#3 pizza, DH may want prime rib, I love the wet burritos, DM likes taco salad, and DF usually wants a burger. A food court accomodates us all and is very convenient after a long day in the park. Sometimes not all of us are hungry at the same time. We don't spend a ton of time at the resort to begin with plus if I'm going to dine there are tons of great restaurants in the parks with better theming IMHO. That is why we stay at CS we get the best of both worlds. The only thing they are missing is the balcony but I can live without it.

Septbride2002
04-10-2007, 04:53 PM
AKL has the best fast dining options around. We loved Mara and make a visit on every trip regardless of where we stay. I'm hoping the options at the Boardwalk do not disappoint.

~Amanda