PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fair

disney100%
04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
My family and I are considering trying 1900 Park Fair on our next trip for dinner. There will be 8 adults and 3 children (Son 3, Daughter 1 1/2, Nephew 1). I was hoping to get some reviews of the food, character interaction, and atmosphere. Thanks in advanced for any feedback!

Speedy1998
04-02-2007, 09:39 PM
This is one of our favorites. Good food, and something a little different as far as characters go. You have Cinderella, her Mice, and Prince Charming.

Duchess99
04-02-2007, 11:28 PM
I've only been there for breakfast, which was great. So, I'm sure dinner will be equally good, if not better. Because it's on the smaller side you get more character interaction which is nice.

kakn7294
04-03-2007, 01:21 AM
We had dinner in December. The food was very good and the characters were all great. It was a celebration for DD's 7th b-day and she received a special placemat and a Happy Birthday tiara to take home. Lots of little princesses and princes running around here - many (including mine) wore costumes. DH was ill - tired, headache, and nauseated (probably jetlag) and the staff couldn't do enough for us. We were on the dining plan and the waitress even tried to refuse an additional tip - I had to sneak it on the table as we left.

disney100%
04-03-2007, 01:56 PM
We had dinner in December. The food was very good and the characters were all great. It was a celebration for DD's 7th b-day and she received a special placemat and a Happy Birthday tiara to take home. Lots of little princesses and princes running around here - many (including mine) wore costumes. DH was ill - tired, headache, and nauseated (probably jetlag) and the staff couldn't do enough for us. We were on the dining plan and the waitress even tried to refuse an additional tip - I had to sneak it on the table as we left.

My mom said if we make definite plans to eat here, she is going to make my daughter a Cinderella dress. I can't wait to see her in it! Of course, I have a ways to go, but she will be an adorable 18 month old Cinderella. Thanks for the info!

WelshieLover
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
I have a whole other opinion than most on this place. We were there mid February with a party of 10. We had ADRs for 8:30PM. The place was an absolute mess with food strewn all over the floor under the tables. :ack: Apparently there is no time to sweep between diners. It kind of made me queasy looking at it. The food was only so-so. Not too many choices for picky teenagers. If you are going for Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Mice then go for them not the food.

moe513
04-03-2007, 05:39 PM
I love this dinner.The mice are so cute. It is going under renovations and the will be having preplated food. I not sure of the dates and were the new location is going to be.

Goes4FastPass
04-03-2007, 06:25 PM
We are currently booked dinner at Akershus one day and dinner at 1900 Park Fare the next.

Last year we made the (I think) mistake of putting LTT the day after the GG - the food felt like deja vu. Again.

I understand the menu and food format difference between AKer and 1900. Are the characters different - enough? My info is, Cindy (as you all call her) isn't a regular at Akershus.

PS: I know Chip has a dark nose like a chocolate chip. How do you tell Suzy from Perla??

The 5 year old niece in my avatar is 7 now. She'll age out of this princess stuff too soon for me...

disney100%
04-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Thank you everyone for the great advice. We are going to take the plunge and make plans to eat at 1900 Park Fair with my daughter dressed as Cinderella. I am getting excited already and I still have a ways to go. Hopefully, we will have a better experience than WelshieLover!

THANK YOU!

threeh
04-13-2007, 08:00 PM
PS: I know Chip has a dark nose like a chocolate chip. How do you tell Suzy from Perla??

I think I heard Pearla wears purple, P for Pearla was what I read. Dunno if that helps!!!:thumbsup:

We ate at 1900 Parke fair for DD birthday and it was very good. If you click on my screen name and go to my home page you can see my pics from the dinner. We saw Prince charming, the mice, Cinderella and the fairy godmother. I realy liked the food, I thought it was good.

Have fun!!!:mickey:

Pop Centurion
04-13-2007, 10:52 PM
It is going under renovations and the will be having preplated food. I not sure of the dates and were the new location is going to be.When booking my ADR's I was told that it will be moved to the Grand Floridian Cafe. My concern is will the food be the same? Anyone else have any info?

disney100%
04-14-2007, 12:59 PM
If you click on my screen name and go to my home page you can see my pics from the dinner. We saw Prince charming, the mice, Cinderella and the fairy godmother. I realy liked the food, I thought it was good.

Have fun!!!:mickey:

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Cinderelley
04-17-2007, 03:44 AM
Thought the food was so-so. The character interaction was the best of any of the character meals we did. The mice, in particular, were great. I would highly recommend it.

LizLovesDiz
04-17-2007, 12:12 PM
We go to 1900 Park fare for dinner every time we go! The atmosphere is really nice.You don't feel like your on top of the next table,and the service is great.The characters will make sure to get to your table for pics,autographs,etc.
This is definitely one of my favorites !!! :mickey:

tyandskyesmom
04-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I think I heard Pearla wears purple, P for Pearla

Yep, that's it!