PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Pack

Wolf
04-02-2007, 08:15 PM
I've seen alot of bad stuffs about the Fantasmic Dinenr Package. We've never done any of those resturants and somehow we've missed Fantasmic both times we went. Can someone tell me a review of this? Is it worth doing? We were planning on doing that for dinner then watching Fantasmic then going to DTD for my birthday. Is it not any good?

Dsnygirl
04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
We did the package in May - we ate at the Hollywood & Vine, and found the food to be just fine - pretty much WDW's typical buffet food, just with a few more fancy items. I, unfortunately, had a head cold at the time that left me unable to really taste anything that meal, but my DH and my girls really liked it. The only thing that I would say is that even thought the dinner package guarantees you seats at the show, depending on what time you eat and how long you are willing to sit in the amphitheater, you don't necessarily get GOOD seats. We ate around 5:30, got to our seats (which were on the side and rather far up - can't imagine what time the people in the middle front area got there!!) around 7:00, the show was supposed to be at 8pm but was delayed waiting for it to get darker out - I believe it started b/w 8:15 & 8:30. So, an awful lot of waiting for not so great seats. It'd be better if they had a roped off section for package participants that you could just go find a seat in at whatever time you get there.

But - the show was worth seeing at least once - I can't say we'd do the package a second time. Hope this helped a little - I'm sure you'd enjoy the show! :)

SBETigg
04-02-2007, 09:11 PM
I recommend doing the package with Hollywood Brown Derby, two credits if you're on dining plan, but a great restaurant. Really good food, nice atmosphere, good service. I haven't tried Mama Melrose. We were not thrilled with Hollywood and Vine(buffet, overwarmed food, not the greatest quality).

But it is nice to have the package. I like the package seating- some people criticize that it is off to the side and not the best, but there honestly is not a bad seat in the place. It's worth it at busy times. If you are there when there are two showings, the second showing is quieter anyway and you won't need the package. But in busy times, it lets you get in and get a seat without waiting in a long line. Plus, Brown Derby would be a nice place for a birthday celebration.

GreenBeetle
04-03-2007, 08:11 AM
I think the dinner package is well worth it. We've done it several times with H&V, and found the food to be quite good - a very large buffet with something for everyone. Although you didn't mention what time of year you are going to WDW, the dinner package could save you 90 minutes or more of standing in line outside the ampitheater (especially hard with children). The show is excellent and is often standing room only during especially crowded seasons. I feel the reserved seats with the package are fine for the show. I don't think there is a bad seat in the ampitheater.

Good luck with your decision.

KylesMom
04-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Back in 2000, we did Fantasmic without the dinner package and swore never again in the heat & humidity. We've been doing the package ever since, first trying H&V and every year thereafter Mama Melrose.

I think alot of the "value" of the dinner package depends on when you're traveling. Perhaps in the slower season the package would not be necessary, but in late May/early June/July the lines to get into the amphitheater have always been nuts.

We enjoy a nice dinner at Mama's then proceed to the amphitheater around 8:25 or so to secure seats for the 9 pm show. Gives us just enough time to find decent seats in the package area (always been identified & blocked off from the rest of the theater with ropes), grab a drink from concessions, and do the wave once or twice before showtime. The only seats I would not recommend are the ones to the very furthest right of the theater facing the stage along the treeline, as some of the floats are blocked when they first come out. :mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-07-2007, 02:44 PM
I liked the Dinner Package because it gives you an unofficial fast pass to Fantasmic. Instead of waiting in line for 2 hours for a seat, you can arrive 30-45 minutes before show time. That's an hour you can spend doing something else fun! We especially enjoyed the dinner at the Brown Derby. The food was excellent and the atmosphere is special. It would be a nice birthday treat.

dolphinmickey9170
04-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I think the dinner package is well worth it. We've done it several times with H&V, and found the food to be quite good - a very large buffet with something for everyone. Although you didn't mention what time of year you are going to WDW, the dinner package could save you 90 minutes or more of standing in line outside the ampitheater (especially hard with children). The show is excellent and is often standing room only during especially crowded seasons. I feel the reserved seats with the package are fine for the show. I don't think there is a bad seat in the ampitheater.

Good luck with your decision.

I agree, you don't want to miss Fantasmic. There is nothing like it. To see part of the show on a Water screen....It is so cool. Also to see water on fire??!!?? My husband was really impressed the first time he saw it. I highly recommend it..

DDuck66
04-09-2007, 09:54 AM
We have never done Fantasmic without the dinner package. We like to eat an early dinner (usually at H&V) and then do a little shopping before we get our seats. If we get hungry there is a nice concession stand at the top of the amphitheatre. The seats for the Dinner Package have always been roped off and they let you sit pretty much wherever you like. I would not like to do the show without the package because of the long wait STANDING in line. That way you can at least sit, relax, and enjoy one of the best night shows at WDW (In MHO).

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-09-2007, 10:55 AM
We have done the Fantasmic dinner package for two years now. The first at H&V and last year at Mama Melrose's.

I highly recommend seeing the show. It is really great and our kids love it.

There really is not any bad seats in the place, although the center (Mickey) section has the best view in my opinion. If we do the dinner package and there are still seats in the other sections the CM's usually tell you to move there if you want. Both times we went the center section still had plenty of seating so they told us to move over there.

HTH

NJGIRL
04-09-2007, 11:50 AM
We have done the package a few times now. I don't care for Mama Melrose and wouldn't do it again. I think they are overpriced for what you get.

We did like Hollywood & Vine and will be doing that again. The food was very tasty and fresh. They were always bringing fresh hot food out. The varitety was good for the whole family. We all left stuffed.

JPL
04-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm a big fan of this package when planning on seeing Fantasmic. I always go with H&V. I think it has the most variety and is the best Value for your money :thumbsup: