PDA

View Full Version : San Angel Inn

jmgall
04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
I would like some thoughts on the food and atmosphere at San Angel Inn. Sorry if I missed a previous post I tried to scan through them. It is just my hubby and I. Any thoughts or recommendations? I am dropping Whispering Canyon and added San Angel Inn.

SBETigg
04-02-2007, 09:03 PM
The atmosphere is wonderful, very romantic and fun. The tables are a little too close together, but that's not a problem for us. The service can be up and down. We've usually had good service, but sometimes slow. The food is okay, not bad, not the best. But the atmosphere makes up for it.

Tigerlilly
04-02-2007, 09:16 PM
The food is FAR better than your neighborhood Mexican food but not the best Disney has to offer. You totally go for the romantic setting. Pictures and describing it do not do it justice. But yes, the next table does feel very very close to you. But if you can focus on your diner partner, its no problem. I really love the place.

wendy*darling
04-02-2007, 09:23 PM
It's a must for us on any trip.
We love the atmosphere- the feeling of dining outside under the night sky. The food is fine- not fantastic, but good.

I think you will enjoy it. :mickey:

alpro2
04-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Ditto. The atmosphere is great. Actually love the whole market place setting. Don't go expecting your typical Tex-Mex meal though. It is more authentic Mexican food.

Crow
04-02-2007, 09:43 PM
atmosphere is the best of about any places. food is not too bad:marg: im thinkin about it for next trip again but not sure.

TennesseeTink
04-02-2007, 10:51 PM
We've eaten there twice for lunch and enjoyed it both times. As already noted, the atmosphere is great, and we especially loved sitting by the water and watching the boats. I really enjoyed the food both times- definitely authentic Mexican, not Americanized Mexican.
Also if you enjoy margaritas, they are not to be missed.:marg: Mmmmm

Tigerinvestigator
04-02-2007, 11:13 PM
We love the San Angel Inn. We ate there on our honeymoon and then again on our 10th Anniversary. My wife thinks its the most romantic at WDW.:thumbsup:

mook3y
04-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Another vote for loving the atmosphere. It is the closest thing WDW has that is like Blue Bayou at DLR (our favorite atmosphere).

The food is good too. :D A good choice!

Duchess99
04-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I love San Angel Inn! It's not the best Mexican I've ever had, but the atmosphere and the fab San Angel :marg: more than make up for it. Very romantic for couples :cloud9:
But, I must say their mole is fantastic, which is one of my favs. Also, try the combo plate...it gives you a bit of everything.
I try and go there on every visit....it's always a great time

DVC2004
04-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Nice atmosphere- not the best food, but average. We usually go for lunch. Tables are too close- that is the biggest downside.

GreenBeetle
04-03-2007, 08:16 AM
The atmosphere is great, but we were not thrilled with the food or the fact that tables are extremely close together.