PDA

View Full Version : Dance, Dance!

Belle'sMyDream
04-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone! I am so excited, I interviewed for the College Program just last week and I think i am set to audition in mid April. However, at my interview, they asked me if I had a dance background. I replied no, not really, and they told me that it would be really hard for me.

For any of you that have auditioned, will a person with not a lot of dance background suffer that much? I still want to try...mabye there are exceptions to the rules..:mickey:

Thank you so much!

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I too, am trying to audition and look for lots of advice, just to be 100% ready...I'm going to fur characters though. I have several friends who have been fur characters and only one of them has any dance experience. Other than dancing at parties or whatever...Don't stress about it.

Your going to LOVE the College Program, I did it back in 2003. Best experience of my life, hands down, without a doubt, would do it again in a second! I've regreated leaving FL ever since! Which is why I'm going back in Sept.

Keep me updated! If we both get into entertainment, we'll need to talk!

Disneyfun
04-02-2007, 07:47 PM
When I auditioned back in '97, I was told that they are looking for individuals that can move and are coordinated. They will teach you a very basic dance routine, which most individuals can learn if they pay attention and have descent hand eye coordination.
If you don't nail the routine - be sure to be energetic and show character! They want people that will be able to be expressive through 2 inches of fur and an oversized head. I would try to watch some of the cartoons of the characters that you will be in the height window. If you let us know your height, we could let you know which one you would fall into.
Just remember to have fun! People that are stressed out and show it in the audition are cut pretty quick!
Break a leg!!

Belle'sMyDream
04-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Thank you both for replying!! That was music to my ears, especially the one about one one of your friends having any dance experience. I know that face characters are hard to get, but I bet fur characters would be so much fun too! I just made a quick album so you can can put a face with a name. I am just shy of 5 foot 9, which im hoping hoping hoping my "disney height" will be less so I have a shot at face. I plan on having lots of energy when I audition, i figure I have nothing to loose, so hopefully I can just let go and do my best. Thanks again for the replies!:mickey:
http://community.webshots.com/user/LuvPooh1234

joanna71985
04-03-2007, 10:00 PM
No that's not true. They do prefer if you have a dance background, but I have friends who say they didn't have a dance background and got it.