PDA

View Full Version : POP Century

MattJenRocky
04-02-2007, 06:49 PM
We are taking a trip April 27 to May 5 to Disney and staying at POP. I've never stayed there before and really don't know what to expect. I booked this resort because I wanted all the benefits of staying in Disney without the high price. My husband and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary and also my Birthday and I know that you can pay for at some of the other resorts to have them put chocolate or champgne in your room. Does this resort offer any such services or am I out of luck?

mrsgaribaldi
04-02-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't know about putting chocolate or anything in your room but we love Pop. We will be there May 6th -9th for our 4th visit. As far as values go, we think it's the best. Last August we went swimming every night in the bowling pin pool. It has everything you need for the Disney magic:mickey: Have a great time and happy Anniversary:thumbsup:

poeticeclipse
04-02-2007, 08:02 PM
I've stayed at Pop twice and i'm going for my honeymoon in May for the 3rd time. It's not romantic at all but it is FUN! It's enjoyable in many ways and it's great to have the experience of staying at a Disney resort. Swimming is fun, the food court IMHO is somewhat typical but very good, and the rooms are pretty basic but very clean. Don't expect "glamour and glitz" ... just expect to have a great time.

Disneyfun
04-02-2007, 08:23 PM
I am not sure if they do, but the best bet would be to give them a call or call the WDW reservations center. If they don't offer champagne and chocolates, I am sure that you could have them delivered. Disney used to have a portion of their website that you could actually order some things and have them in your room before you check in, but I can't find it if it still exists.
Make sure to let all of your reservations know that you are celebrating your anniversary and your birthday - you will be glad that you do - many surprises will come your way!

MNNHFLTX
04-03-2007, 09:33 AM
The deluxe resorts Concierge (or Club Level) service can arrange this type of thing for guests staying at that level. However, Pop Century would not be able to provide this service. Your best bet is to contact the Walt Disney World Florist, or one of the other similar floral/gift basket companies in the area. They are not able to have the items in the room upon arrival, but will deliver it to the room after check-in, or you could pick it up at the desk. I see that the Walt Disney World Florists have "Toast to a Happily Ever After" basket that might fit the bill.

DizNee143
04-03-2007, 12:24 PM
like some others have already said..i would go with the walt disney florist...they have such nice stuff..and i have used them a few times...or call up Pop Century and see if anything really can be done...you got nothing to lose...
and in Sept i stayed at Pop for the first time...when i go with my family we usually stay at the Boardwalk or OKW...but it was just me and my sister this time and we had to pay..and omg Pop was sooo cute...it was really nice..i saw nothing wrong with it...we stayed in the 90s bldg...which isnt as far as everyone makes it sound..you just gotta be smart enough to cut through the parking lot instead of taking the walkway and your by the main bldg and bus stop within like 2-3 minutes..the food court is great..they have 3 pools..and its an all around fun atmosphere...i loved it and if i have to pay again i will def be staying at Pop again...i hope you enjoy your time there as much as i did!! :mickey:

pox24
04-03-2007, 03:16 PM
This is definely no frills, however I think its the best of all value resorts. Like all WDW hotels, very clean, nicely themed. But you can't beat the deluxe resorts.... spend the extra money.:thumbsup:

DDuck66
04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
We stayed at the Pop for our last anniversary(May 21) and loved it. It may be considered a value resort but we got excellent treatment. Guest services even had a framed picture of Belle and the Beast autographed and sent to our room on our anniversary day. Make sure you let Guest Services know that you have a special occasion during your trip. They can even help you have flowers and chocolates delivered.

Jerry2
04-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Several years ago we had an Easter Basket delivered to our room in the AS-Sorts by an outside company. It was actually delivered to the front desk and I assume to the room by housekeeping. I don't remember the name of the people I called for that.

As other have said the Walt Disney World Florist has a lot of stuff. You may want something similar to this...

http://www.disneyflorist.com/product.html?product_id=09-4086AA:MOToasting

alicia524luvstw
04-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Pop is a lot of fun. You may not gets the perks that a Deluxe offers but its 100% Disney!

hoop de do
04-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Hope to see you there. My wife and I will be there 4/26 to 5/1. I'll be wearing my INTERCOT shirts so look for me. We will be at the POP also. :thumbsup:

BelleBeauty
04-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I would recommend calling the front desk to see what can be done. There may not be a formal program, but a CM can always help you out.

We love the POP - definitely the best value! Not a lot of frills, but still the service and Disney magic. My suggestion: Request a room in the 1950s section, back of the Jukebox building, 3rd or 4th floor, with a view of Spaceship Earth. Yes it is far off in the distance, but to have a view of SE from just outside our room for the price of a value - I'll request it every time!!!

That side of the building was also very quiet and just around the other side was the bowling pin pool. It isn't the main pool so it closes around 10pm (in summer) which gives you peace and quiet for sleeping. (The pool bar is also nice!)

Jasper
04-06-2007, 12:54 PM
As of a couple of years ago Disney did not offer this service directly through the value resorts. However, if you call them they do have several resources they can direct you to.

I assume they still will deliver to the room for you after it is delivered to the front desk.

All of the Value hotels at Disney are nice and you will be happy with it as long as you are not looking for a lot of extras. The rooms are nice, the theming is fun, and the price is decent. Of course, if you want lots of extras than you will want to look at the mods or deluxe resorts.

LudwigVonDrake
04-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Pop is the best of the value resorts :mickey:

Have a GREAT trip :tink:

MsMin
04-07-2007, 12:35 PM
I've stayed at both value and deluxe and it can be more about how much you let guest services know and the person you get. I've received a signed pic. of Mickey and Minnie with balloons just after my kids went to the front desk and asked how they could get flowers for me to thank me for everything (they are older) You'll find plenty of magic there. Have a wonderful time. Check out Disney Florist. I found adding things to the basket to be very reasonable.

grego77
04-07-2007, 10:48 PM
I am really happy I am hearing such nice things about Pop Century. The three previous times I have come to Disney, I have stayed at the Coronado, and this will be my first time, May 18-22, to stay anywhere else. I am now officially WICKED excited about Pop Century! WOO! :mickey:

MattJenRocky
04-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Thank you so much for all the great suggestions snd info!:mickey: :party:

tnpoohbear
04-09-2007, 10:22 AM
We stayed only one time at Pop Century and for us it was only OK. I forget which building we were in but it was really far away from the food court and with a teenage child (son) in a wheel chair it was a long way to push the chair. Of all the value resorts we still like ASM the best. But I must admit the Food Court at Pop is better than any other value resort. Plus I think they have their own bus line so you do not have to stop at other resorts like you do with the All Stars. It is the newest of the value resorts but somehow to us the rooms seemed smaller than ASM - but I think they are all the same - maybe it was just the layout of the room. I am sure you will enjoy it there though! Also, they have a really nice gift shop.:mickey:

Funcruiser56
04-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I am soo happy to hear the positive messages about POP! My Dh and I are celebrating our 33 wedding anniversary with a short surprise trip to WDW. We usually stay at POFQ but with the last minuteness of this trip and the HIGH cost of airfare I can't justify spending double on the hotel. Plus we will be spending as much time as possible at the parks.
POP looks like alot of FUN!!

AS for special somthings from disney for our anniversary we won't be counting on anything..we have stayed at Mods and Deluxe for or anniversary and never got more than a 'Happy Anniversary" at check in. That's OK with us...were there for the memories and the great time we have with all the rest of the disney magic!

Bev