PDA

View Full Version : Festivle of the Master?

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 06:01 PM
What is this? I just read a post asking when it was, but I know nothing about it....

mdricks
04-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Very Cool! We did this last year, my #1 son is an aspiring artist. The majority of the attraction is chalk art throughout all of DTD. Everywhere you look there is someone doing a chalk representation of a masterwork. The artists are top notch and to see all the work that goes into making a chalk art "painting" is incredible. There is also a display of Lego works by local Lego club members and there are various booths for other types of art. It costs nothing and is a great way to spend an afternoon. Last year this was done in conjunction with the fist night of MVMCP and food and wine festival. Needles to say DTD was an absolute zoo. Still worth it IMO. :artist:

Snowwite
04-04-2007, 08:39 PM
This was going on last November when we went for Super Soap w/e. There were cool chalk drawings all over DTD area.

alicia524luvstw
04-12-2007, 06:00 AM
Festival of the Masters coincides w/ the Food & Wine festival. Its a great time to go.

wendy*darling
04-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Festival of the Masters is an art show of over 200 visual artists- from many staes, and some international.
It is typically held on the 2nd weekend of November every year in Downtown Disney- Marketplace and West Side. It happens to be the same weekend as Super Soap Weekend, Food & Wine Festival and Jersey Week.

The chalk art is very cool! That is mostly in the Marketplace area. The booths for most of the artists, while located throughout DTD, are in great number on the West Side. Sculpture, painting, jewelry, stained glass, photography... you name it- it's there. And for sale!

It makes for a lovely afternoon- browsing the booths, watching the chalk artists, listening to live music. There are even children's activities.

The Festival is free of charge. Go check it out!