PDA

View Full Version : possible May trip, concierge, dining plan or extra day?

jacknsally02
04-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi all. My husband and I may go this May and for about the same money, ball park, anyway, we could go to poly for 5 nights, poly for 4 with dining, or yacht club concierge for 4 nights. We have stayed at beach club a lot and have never tried poly. We can go for fancy dinners or burgers, we are open. What do you all think? I'd really like to hear from anyone who may have stayed at poly or used concierge at yacht club. Any suggestions welcomed though! Thank you.

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I would do the Poly for 5 nights, the longer the better. We stayed there in Jan and fell in love with it. :thumbsup:

PetefromRI
04-03-2007, 06:13 PM
I would do 5 nights at Poly with dining.At 40.00 a day per person you could have a nice counter service lunch and a wonderful dinner with tip included plus a snack a day.My guess is that your going to spend about that much a day anyhow.As far as resorts go the Poly is in my mind the best of the best:number1: .Very romantic for the two of you and awesome transportation options.Have fun what ever you decide!!!

GenieOfPA
04-03-2007, 08:27 PM
i would go for the 5 days at POLY... cause if you only stay for 4 days, you might get home and be upset that you could still be in WDW

Bruegge
04-03-2007, 11:03 PM
I'd go 5 days Poly..... you can always eat the lint off the carpet...

Scott

RPHX2NC
04-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Poly 4 with dining! Poly 5 without dining will be much more expensive. With dining you can enjoy great places like Kona.

BelleCiavo
04-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Poly 5, but I would get the dining. You have to eat right? Unless you eat pop tarts and sandwiches in your room or eat all counter service meals, I don't know how adding the meal plan adds that much more money (if any).

lyle21
04-04-2007, 01:04 PM
i love the ecpot area resorts and am not a big poly fan and yet i would still choose 5 nights at the poly over 4 at the yacht club concierge. i've not heard good things about that particular concierge and the poly is a favorite of almost everybody. it is in a beautiful location and there are a lot of dining options between there and the GF, all within walking distance.

i have not experienced the dining plan yet, but i was under the impression that it was pretty affordable, a good buy???

iheartdisney
04-04-2007, 03:54 PM
We are also big EPCOT resort fans but our last stay at Yacht Club concierge will probably be our last.....concierge, anyway. With two toddlers, concierge has always been a great convenience for us but our last stay was not worth the extra expense. Since it is just you and your husband I think you'll be much happier at the Poly. And if you dine out at least once a day at a "sit down" I'd definately get the dining plan. We always get our money's worth when we use the plan. As far as how many nights? I ALWAYS push for as many as we can possibly afford..........so 4 or 5 nights? How about 6? Good luck deciding!

caryrae
04-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Anytime you can stay at WDW longer is better for me. I would go for 5 days. One thought is how would a 5 day w/dining at Poly compare to 5 day with no dining option? If ya could kind figure out how much you spend on food for 5 days without dining plan it may not be much different then 5 days with dining plan instead of 4 days.

maizey05
04-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Whatever you do, get the meal plan. It's a great value, and I've never eaten like that in my life!!! I'm a food person, so I like the fact that I could try some cool restaurants, where I could get something like filet mignon and dessert. I've always wanted to stay at the Poly, have fun!

TammiMcMan
04-04-2007, 06:33 PM
I've stayed in Yacht Club concierge and my personal opinion, would be to take the 5 nights at the Poly.