PDA

View Full Version : Why Blog?

magicofdisney
04-02-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't get blogging. I just read an article in PC Magazine that said, "...the total number of active blogs would peak at 100 million in 2007 before dropping back and leveling off at around 30 million."

What's the hype about? Can someone tell me why this has taken on a life of it's own? I guess I just don't have enough time to sit around and read all this stuff. INTERCOT is enough to keep me busy and then I have a life to live. :secret:

The article also went on to say many blogs only get read by the blogger's mom and they end up abandoned. It sounds as if many bloggers have far less interesting things to say than they realize. Then I got to thinking, is this post a blog?

Strmchsr
04-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Then I got to thinking, is this post a blog?

Yep. Pretty much. Why would anyone post their thoughts and opinions on various Disney World topics? Why would we think that anyone else actually cares about our opinions? Blogs are huge because everyone wants to feel like an "expert" and express themselves and blogs are the place where you're always right, no matter how goofy what you say is. I think most people harbor some secret desire to see themselves published and so get a kick out of knowing their thoughts are out there for all the world to see. I would agree that few blogs are read by anyone other than a couple of friends. Mine is read by friends and church members. That's okay. That's who I target in my writings. It's just a fun way to express myself, though I hardly take it very seriously. It's more of a place where I can journal my own thoughts on current cultural and theological topics.

DizNee143
04-04-2007, 09:52 AM
i have one...i started some years back when i was like 18 or 19...and every once in a while i go back and put up an update..i dont know if anyone really reads it but who cares..its something i wanna do...and i like looking back on it and seeing what i wrote...and i also have myspace if that counts there is a blogging section on the myspace page..i also have a frew blogs there about some random stuff...
to each his own though...:)

darthmacho
04-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I think the whole thing is silly, but if it gets people to write, perhaps it will get people to care more about language, communications, and understanding one another. :mickey:

Probably it will just make people more opinionated as they see their thoughts in writing. :foot:

kakn7294
04-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Can somebody explain a blog to me? I really have no idea what it is and how or where you do it.

Strmchsr
04-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Can somebody explain a blog to me? I really have no idea what it is and how or where you do it.

A "blog" is a "web log," or diary/journal/collection of random thoughts. It's a webpage devoted to a person or group's writings about specific or random topics. You can get your own blog at many sites such as myspace, blogger, etc. If you want more specifics you can PM me or check out my "public profile" which has the link to my own blog and you can get a better idea of what it's all about. To find that you click on my user name, click "public profile" and look under the "additional information" section.

kakn7294
04-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks Chris, I'll check your page!

citizensnoopy
04-04-2007, 05:37 PM
I have a blog. I started it when I began medical school. I think it will be fun to look at it after I graduate to remember my med school experience. :)

jennbunn
04-04-2007, 11:40 PM
i blog on myspace. i update it a few times a month. for me it is nice to just write about life.also that way some of my friends from around the globe can read that and sorta catch up without having to send a email to everyone about everyday life. :)