PDA

View Full Version : Need gift help

Bethis26fan
04-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I need some gift ideas for my mom. I have Mother's Day, her birthday on the 11th and my parents annv. on the 17th. All of this in that little of time. My money is tight this month because my brother is getting married and we are having their wedding shower in the first part of May that I'm hosting as well.

So what would you do. I only get paid bi weekly so I'm going to give them a gift card to go out to dinner late on my last check. I really want to do something for mothers day and her b-day on those days even if it's not much and I can get her something better in June. I know if she knows my money is tight she'll tell me not to get her anything, but I want to. Any thoughts or tips? Thanks.

DVC2004
04-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Maybe you could frame a memorable photo of your family/her/you and her, etc? You can get some pretty nice frames that don't cost too much at Target. Also you could take an older photo to Walgreens to have them blow up or what not.
What about cooking her her favorite meal? My kids are small but as a mom those are two things I would appreciate!

Christine
04-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I love DVC 2004's ideas! Maybe you could find several photos and make her a small scrapbook??

Whatever you choose, I am sure it will be great. Moms love anything from their kids, by their kids, or having anything to do with their kids! :cloud9:

thrillme
04-02-2007, 05:20 PM
I know down here in Texas we have bluebonnets blooming all over the place. Maybe a picture of you and your brother in the bluebonnets. Not a PROFESSIONAL but maybe a picture taken by a friend with a digital would be nice. She'll have a ton of formal pictures of your brother and his new wife and pictures of the WHOLE family but sometimes just a brother and sister photo in the outdoors would be great. (I don't know if you have more brothers/sisters but I'd try to get all the siblings in....rarely at weddings do they just take ONLY sibling pictures...)

You could even make up a handmade frame.

If you can't get your siblings in the picture with you have your friend take one of just you in a nice but casual outfit in a flower field. The picture presented with perhaps a wildflower boquet would be awesome.

In fact...WOW...you just gave ME a great idea. I'm broke too. Mother's day is coming up I think my boyfriend is going to get stuck with a project. In fact..I wonder if HIS Mom would like a picture of him too.

Bethis26fan
04-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks those are all great ideas.

SandmanGStefani24
04-03-2007, 11:06 AM
here's what I got my mom last B-day. She is a workaholic, and does not like me spending "lots of money" on her. (i make about 3 times what she does, but she still balks at seemingly expensive gifts.) So, knowing how much she works (at work and at home) I forced her to take some time off by giving her giftcards for dinners and movies, in addition to a dayspa treatment. :thedolls: Now she HAS to relax! :D

sleepingbooty
04-03-2007, 11:17 AM
My mom and I both get really into gardening about this time of year (our interest peters out by mid summer when its hot even at 6 in the morning and the mosquitos are everywhere), so my Mother's day gift to her usually has something to do with plants. I'll get her some type of garden art (yes, she loves that stuff:sick: ), or I'll plant a bunch of annuals for her, or even just plan an outing for us to the Botanical Gardens.

Her birthday is in July, and I'll often by tickets for the both of us to go to the Muny (outdoor theater here in St.Lou) to see a musical. She loves that kind of thing, and my dad doesn't take her out much. His idea of an exciting Saturday night is dinner at Captain D's and a trip to Home Depot, then home to watch "The Deadliest Catch" on TV. She'd rather have experiences than more stuff, anyway. So would I for that matter - if you're reading this, Dear Hubby!

jacknsally02
04-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I one time re-painted my mom's brick stairs for mother's day, Maybe you could do some outdoor work to help get her place ready for spring and buy some plants to put in for her

MsMin
04-29-2007, 10:55 AM
My most favorite gifts from my kids are the little ones. DD22 gave me a photo, framed of the three of them, candid but great shot, I almost cried. They know I love picture frames. A nice surprise bbq or some other meal is nice too.
As a mom it's special to me by the thought and the meaning of the gift not the amount of money you spend. When they were little I was more touched by the flowers they picked from my garden or chocolate chip cookies they bought me one year and then eagerly asked if they could share. It's the gifts that make you smile and touch your heart-- stay close to home (meaning do something in or around the house).