PDA

View Full Version : Charatcer Auditions??

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Hey! I am looking to make the move back to Orlando in September, with the purpose in mind of tackling my dream of auditioning for WDW Entertainment. I am wondering if there are any “friends” of the characters out there that have audition advise for me. I’m also concerned b/c I am a size 16 and I don’t know if I can be a character at that....

I know the audition involves a dance routine and a animation part. I hear that you leave the audition knowing whether or not you made the cut. I also want to know about how quickly you start your job after you audition and how you go about auditing for parades or fantasmic?

Also, just for kicks...what size are the dresses that Cindy, Aurora, Belle have to fit into?

Thank you for all your help
Kristi

Goes4FastPass
04-02-2007, 05:38 PM
I yawn when somebody answers a question with a post like, "I don't have a clue but I hope somebody does."
and
I've lived long enough to learn not to discuss dress size with a woman.
but
I have a friend who auditioned for one of the princesses and she was told there is not only smallish dress size expectation but a (zapped her) height range as well.

I wonder how much, if any, character knowledge they expect at the audition phase? Can you imagine Snow White not knowing the names of the dwarves?

The last Mary Poppins we posed with had a perfect accent. I told my group to stand up straight. "Spit spot" and she turned and nodded, "Indeed. Spit. Spot."

The Fairy Godmother usully seems like a double digit size but the CM also usually seems to be - and should be - a mature woman.

The characters, especially the face characters, have a big effect on many of us. I completely realize I'm meeting a CM punching a clock to pay bills. Still, I turn into a "Garsh!" stammering Goofy when a princess says, "Hello".

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm just looking to be a fur character. I know those pricess dress are like a size 4 or 6...I was just wondering if anyone knew for positive, in addition to any fur character audition info they may have!

Goes4FastPass
04-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Sorry. I was reponding to the "Cindy, Aurora, Belle" part.

I have a qustion then. Aren't 'fur' character costumes impossibly hot?

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Like a Turkey in an Over, I'm quite sure

BellewanaB
04-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Congrats to moving to Orlando! (I know most people on here would be jealous!)

When I did the college program, I had a lot of friends in fur and face. I'm not aware of any young woman roles for curvy women. For fur, basically if you're under 5 feet or over 6 feet you have a huge advantage over the rest of the group. You do have to do a small dance routine (if you have ANY expereince, it's super easy) and then basically you just have to stand out in a really big crowd. I'm 5'4, or what they call chip munk height and I was out of shape at the time, around 145-150 lbs and I was hired for fur (couldn't accept cause needed to finnish college). They super scalled down my height and said I was 5'2 but I didn't say a word hoping it would be to my advantage. I have no idea what a difference that makes. It also may have changed but you make $6/ hour and then have the opportunity to autition for more and more roles/ parades, etc. Most of the character people I know who stayed did it part time and then worked another job (usually waiting tables) to make ends meet- living expenses have exploded in FL.

Best of luck and don't stop chasing your dreams!

AliceinDisney
04-02-2007, 11:19 PM
I have a friend who was a professional Belle/Snow White at Disney. I think I'd guess her dress size at about an 6/7? Its also a height requirement to be a princess to of about 5'6-5'8. I thought about getting into it as Alice or Wendy since I'm the right height -weight ratio for that particular character, but the money isn't tempting enough for me.

joanna71985
04-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I too hope to go back to work FT, and hopefully become a performer someday. It is my dream.

DisneyTeen
04-04-2007, 09:40 AM
When I was working down at Disney I went to one Charatcer Audition, more to just see what was going on and what they were looking for. I am short, 5'5 for a guy and still was in the middle for fur. Like someone said, its around 5'2 and under and 6'0 and over. I went in with a group of about 8 peope, we did alittle dance, talked alittle to each other and then they said ok thanks for comming.
As for face, I asked them what the biggest things they looked for, I was told Cheek Bones.
I had no idea why, but he said that the makeup artists they have can pretty much make anyone's skin look like whatever, eye's can be changed, hair can be changed but but cheek bones are needed when smiling at a child the person needs to be "prince or princess" like.
Just alittle bit of information for ya.