PDA

View Full Version : Made our ADR's today...how'd I do? :)

5fromabove
04-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Hi everyone! We made our ADR's today for our Sept/Oct trip. Can't believe how hard it was to get "good" seating times and I called at 7am 180 days out. Oh well, we've only tried a few of these...any opinions? (Some are DDP & others are cash). THANKS!

1) Cinderella's Royal Table (done this before, this one is a must for our little Princesses).

2) Le Cellier (never done)

3) California Grill- Just DH & I to celebrate our anniversary :cloud9: (never done)

4) Boma Buffet – dinner (never done)

5) Crystal Palace Buffet - breakfast (did this before and loved it)

6) Kona Café dinner (never done)

7) Turf Club Bar & Grill dinner (never done, want to try restaurant at our hotel)

8) Breakfastasaurus Buffet at AK (never done)

9) Boatwright’s dinner (never done)

10) Mama Melrose’s (never done)

11) Cape May Cafe' - breakfast (never done-not sure about this, may switch to 1900 Park Faire or Ohana's breakfast)-- any recommendations on which one?

:party: SO excited!

magicman
04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I've never done Cape May Cafe, 1900 Park Faire, or Ohana's for breakfast, but I had to comment that I think your choices are GREAT:thumbsup: .

We thoroughly enjoy Cinderella's Royal Table & the floor show.

We love Le Cellier. The breadsticks, cheese soup, great steak, & creme broulee are terrific (kids should get the chocolate mousse...it's fantastic & cute):tasty:

California Grill would be my number one anniversary dinner choice on this planet:bride: :groom: .

Boma Buffet is fun & zesty.

The Crystal Palace is great for the 100 hundred acre wood characters...love that Eeyore:eeyore: .

Although I haven't experienced your other choices, I've read & dreamed about them.;)

I am extremely jealous :envy: & will be living vicariously through your ADRs.

HockeyKat
04-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Sounds like a great line-up! I love Le Cellier, and Cali Grill was wonderful. We are also big fans of Boma and plan on doing it on one of our next 2 trips.

If you don't mind me asking, which were the hard ones to get? We just booked a trip for the last 2 weeks in Sept and haven't made our ADRs yet...

kathiep
04-02-2007, 06:01 PM
We're booked for 8 days at the end of September as well!

Of your choices, we've only done Crystal Palace and Breakfastasaurus.

At Breakfastasaurus last year - food was good -characters made it to every table and we very friendly. Unfortunately we did the day after we did breakfast at Crystal Palace. We didn't have any problems with Breakfastasaurus and would do it again; we just loved Crystal Palace so much it was hard to compare!

We'll be at Cinderella's for dinner on the 15th. Haven't done this before and our princesses talks about nothing else.

We're also doing Boma for dinner and have heard great things about it. We're also doing Chef Mickey's and Ohana for Breakfast. I will miss Crystal Palace but am excited about trying the others.

Enjoy your trip - maybe we'll see you there!

5fromabove
04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
hardest ones to get were Cindy's (as always), Le Cellier and Cali Grill. The CM told me those are always the hardest 3 to get. Also Kona...I got a less than desirable seating time, but took it anyway. I was booking for a party of 9...so that severely limited my choices I think. :) Happy planning :)

Willowwind
04-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Looks like a good line up to me! Though there are a bunch of those I haven't been to several are on my "wish list" for our Dec Vaca.

I have done Boma and we all loved it.

SBETigg
04-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Le Cellier, California Grill(for our anniversary), Boma, and Kona are on our list for next trip, too. We had absolutely no trouble getting all the places and times we wanted in August at 180 days out, but now I'm nervous that something will go awry.

We really enjoyed Breakfastosaurus, but maybe we hit it on a good day(reviews are up and down for that one). The characters kept coming back to see us. I love the 'Ohana breakfast, but I don't think Cape May will be bad, either.

Of your list, the only one I tried and really didn't like was Boatwright's. The atmosphere was underwhelming, service not so good, and the food was mediocre at best. Actually, my dinner was awful. The kids meals were okay. My husband's meal was good. It's not one I would repeat, maybe if I was staying at POR but probably not even then. If you're not staying at POR, I would reconsider.

disney100%
04-02-2007, 08:13 PM
We have eaten at Boatwrights twice. The first time was ok and the second time was terrible. We gave it a second try just in case maybe they were having an off night the first time. We most likely will not eat there again. There is nothing overly exciting about it, and the food is just ok.

But, my family LOVES the breakfast at Cape May. The food was delicious, the character interaction was great, and our server was an absolute sweetheart. My son was 14 months at the time and I think he ate as much as the adults in our party! Plus, he absolutely loved Goofy, Chip and Dale. It was his first interaction with the characters, and he was happy to be around any characters for the rest of the trip.

I would have to agree with some other posts that California Grill is a great place to celebrate an anniversary. My DH and I have eaten there many times and have never been disappointed. I have yet to see Wishes from there, but I am hoping that a future trip will bring us the opportunity. :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
04-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Looks like a good line-up although I have not done many of these restaurants. I will look forward to reading your trip reports to hear your reviews of these restaurants.

I can tell you that California Grill is a MUST DO for my wife and I on every trip we take to WDW. We love it and it is a great place to spend the anniversary:thumbsup: !!

Have a great trip!