PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you pick?

Beckybalz
04-02-2007, 03:33 PM
We are trying to decide between staying at Pop Century or at Radisson Resort Orlando. Both hotels are the same price. If this influences your choice, we will have a car with us and since we have annual passes we do not have to pay for parking even if we stay off-site. The Radisson has refrigerators in every room, probably more comfortable beds (sleep number beds), and better pools with a slide...BUT it is offsite. If you were me, what would you do?

scottgr
04-02-2007, 03:47 PM
I would stay onsite. Between the Extra Magic hours and DDP I think it is well worth it. My Vote is the POP. :mickey:

KathyMO
04-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I would stay at POP. We always rent a car and have AP. Staying in the middle of the magic and the Extra Magic Hours are to much for us to pass up.

Kathy

DisneyMomx2
04-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I would definately stay on property. There's just nothing like it.

magicman
04-02-2007, 04:26 PM
I'd stay at the POP & never leave the Disney magic. Although the Radisson accomodations might be more posh, the POP's theming & Disney 'feel' are great.

Also, the buses and extra magic hours are HUGE pluses for staying onsite (as they both give you more time at the parks).

My thoughts...

tinkerbelle75
04-02-2007, 04:37 PM
onsite, no comparison:mickey: !

Christine
04-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Another vote for staying on property. EMH make it well worth it!

GrumpyFan
04-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Hmmm, almost a tough call. But, staying on-property almost always wins.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-02-2007, 09:48 PM
POP,POP,POP!!!!
:yes: :yes: :yes:

pogo
04-02-2007, 10:20 PM
With what you just said about price and being even, I guess it comes down to your preference.

I like the ability to hop WDW transportation and go back and relax. I'm not much on driving on vacation if I can help it.:(

I don't know how comfortable POP is. I've never stayed there.:mickey:

The only real advantage to staying on property is EMH. What's that worth to you ? :D

Dsnygirl
04-02-2007, 10:31 PM
:mickey: Just can't leave the magic... I vote for Pop, too!! :mickey:

jefmblrd
04-03-2007, 05:07 AM
There's nothing like staying on-property; I would go with Pop without question.

Jenemmy
04-03-2007, 07:51 AM
I have stayed at both places. The Radisson is very nice and if you plan on spending a lot of time in a room, it is probably a more comfortable choice. There is a lot more floor space. That being said, staying there did not feel like DISNEY!!!!! to me, ya know what I mean? I could have been on vacation anywhere. I like be submersed in disney 24/7 when I am in Orlando.

So, to answer you --- the Radisson is probably the nicer hotel, but it just ain't a Disney hotel. I would sure pick it over not going at all, but will lean toward anything on property first.

HockeyKat
04-03-2007, 10:19 AM
I am the lone dissenting vote here, I think...

I would choose the Radisson. We stayed there last September for one night before beginning our package, and it was very nice. Be aware that they charge a $10 mandatory "fee" on top of their published rate.

My DH refuses to stay value. We are childless and he finds the atmosphere a bit too, well, rowdy for him. However, if you have children, esp. young ones, Pop may be more fun for them.

We were actually doing the price comparison between CSR king bed room AP rate and Radisson sleep number bed (king/2queens is same price) last night for our one night in May, and the difference was about $50. ~$162 for CSR (including tax), ~$111 (including tax and "fee") for Radisson.

Dedivah
04-03-2007, 03:16 PM
POP!!!

big blue and hairy
04-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Any onsite hotel over any offsite hotel....

:sulley:

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 03:50 PM
I prefer to stay on site everytime. I know others might feel differently. I think it would depend on when you were going. If it's during a busy time, you are going to want to use the EMHs.:thumbsup:

ravsluvdisney
04-03-2007, 04:15 PM

If they are similar in size/value you have to go on-site. We do on site (POLY being our personal fave) and the convenience and overall Disney "feel" - especially if you have young ones along - can't really be priced.

I also go on the assumption, or fact, that most of us don't spend a heckuva lot of time at our resort. You get up, maybe grab a bite at your resort and you're off to MK or Epcot or the Water park or Downtown Disney, etc. You might make a pitstop or two back to the resort for a pool dip, or a nap and change for the evening festivities. Then back to bed and start the fun all over the next day! :mickey:

KAT1811
04-03-2007, 04:30 PM

I agree whole heartedly! Onsite everytime. Just not magical enough for us offsite!

Bruegge
04-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Even if it means staying in "a van down by the Lagoon" Always stay onsite...

Just another tip from you Uncle Scott/Movtivational speaker

BelleandtheBeast
04-03-2007, 11:50 PM
POP for sure, you have access to all the other fun things too.

Mickey 101
04-04-2007, 12:13 AM
We stayed off-site as a family for the first time this last trip. We are unanimous........never again!! It was depressing for us to drive off Disney property every night. And I don't even want to talk about not being able to line up for our wristbands for EMH. :(

MsMin
04-04-2007, 12:32 AM
We stayed at the double tree suites one night near dtd. Very posh even a tv in the bathroom :blush: It just doesn't compare to staying on sight. I am willing to give up plush for the magic anyday.

dumbo ears
04-05-2007, 12:03 AM
i would say pop so u can stay onsite. the transportation is so much easier and emh are awesome

DawsonAR
04-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I always stay onsite. There isn't anything like the experience of being onsite.

BelleCiavo
04-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Even if it means staying in "a van down by the Lagoon" Always stay onsite...

Just another tip from you Uncle Scott/Movtivational speaker

:rotfl: Funny. I miss Chris Farley.

January-2007
04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I would never stay offsite. Had to when I was a kid, it was not nearly as magical. All grown up now, and I do not drive at all once onsite, LOVE IT! We love Pop Century, it's a great resort!:thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
04-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Stay on property :tink:

DisneyAddict62
04-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Another vote for staying onsite!

vamaggie
04-07-2007, 12:01 PM
If you can stay on site why would you want not to? If you have kids it is a no brainer-on site is the only way to go (much easier for naps, breaks, meltdowns etc). I have never slept at POP but after a long day in the parks, any bed feels good to me. If you want to experience the Rad, why not make it your last night and stay at POP the rest of the trip.

Seasonscraps
04-07-2007, 02:00 PM
It would be a hard choice, but I would go with the Radisson. I prefer having a nicer room in a hotel with more ammenities over staying on site.

magicofdisney
04-07-2007, 03:21 PM
To me, nothing compares to being "there". My husband would rather have the ammenities, but then again, he isn't in the parks nearly as much as the kids and me. So since the trip is all about me ;) we always stay onsite! :mickey:

Disney Yankee
04-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I would always stay on property.:mickey:

alicia524luvstw
04-11-2007, 05:49 AM
POP! And you get all of the benefits of being a resort guest. I stayed off-site once and felt sad leaving at the end of the day & we stayed in Celebration which was amazing but still prefer any on-site resort.