PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed badly!

Christine
04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
A second grade teacher at my daughter's school collapsed Friday in the classroom. Luckily her students knew to run and get the teacher next door, and she was taken via ambulance to the hospital.

Today I found out that this teacher, a 31 year old woman with two childern, an 8 month old and 5 year old, is on life support in a diabetic coma, with no brain activity.

Please pray for this young woman, her family, and the children in her classroom. They were terrified to see her this way, and are terrified she will not return to them.

Thank you in advance...

Piglet822
04-02-2007, 03:22 PM
This is terrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to this young woman and her family :pixie:

offwego
04-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh how awful!

Prayers said for that family and those children.

Hopefully the outcome will be more postive then it looks right now.

Jeri Lynn
04-02-2007, 03:25 PM
What a very sad situation. Prayers go out to this young teacher, her family and her students.

disneycouple2004
04-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Very tragic..and my wife is a teacher also
prayers on the way :pixie:

scottgr
04-02-2007, 03:43 PM
How Sad. My thoughts and prayers also go out to this young woman and her family

conorsmom2000
04-02-2007, 03:45 PM
That's so awful! :( Many prayers and much pixie dust on the way! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
04-02-2007, 04:03 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and prayers on the way. Please keep us updated.

hoop de do
04-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Prayers and Pixie Dust on its way.
:tink: :pixie: :tink: :pixie:

Jeremy
04-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Prayers and pixie dust on the way!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

MsMin
04-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Sadly, this doesn't look good. Sending loads of :pixie: for all. I know everyone must be devastated. Will keep her and the ones who care for her in my prayers. :angel:

2Epcot
04-02-2007, 09:10 PM
I will pray that she will recover. It is sad to hear things like that happen to anyone, but especially one so young, with a family.

marlyn
04-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Prayers and :pixie: going out to this woman, her family and her students.

pink967
04-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Sending all my prayers to everyone involved

Dsnygirl
04-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and as many good thoughts as possible headed her way - what an awful thing to have happen. Hoping things turn around for her....:(

DVC2004
04-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Oh that's terrible! Prayers for all involved.:(

DizNee143
04-03-2007, 09:13 AM
prayers and pixie dust on the way!! please keep us updated!!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Momof2boys
04-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Diabetes can be very scary (my DS9 is Type 1) . . . sending tons of pixie dust :pixie: to her, her family, friends, & students.

bucky at disney
04-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Sending many prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: .

How scary for those kids.

Christine
04-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Today was my day to volunteer at the school. I asked my daughter's teacher if there was any news on the teacher in the hospital.

First she was able to tell me more about what happened on Friday. Apparently it was during the class spelling test, the teacher just collapsed. The school nurse came in and she had to begin CPR b/c she was not breathing. When paramedics arrived, they took over CPR and administered all the way to the hospital. She reamains on a ventilator still. Those poor kids having to witness all of that...it must have been so frightening for them!

My daughter's teacher said she went up to visit this weekend, twice, and it was horrible. The woman's husband brought in a tape recorder of her five year old child's voice...trying to stimulate her. The woman's mother was stroking her forehead and sternly telling her to wake up.

She said today at lunch they received news that now this teacher has developed pneumonia. The doctor has told the family that her outlook is not good and she will more than likely not survive.

They are bringing in a neurologist on Thursday (I am not understanding why they are waiting this long) to see if they can get any ideas that are more hopeful.

It is just unreal that this young woman could be FINE one minute and like this the next.

Thanks for your prayers.

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 05:31 PM
:( Sending more prayers her way.... it's just an unbelievably sad situation. My heart breaks for her family.... I sure hope she's able to beat this.

ElenitaB
04-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Christine, this is such a sad situation. I pray that she will come out of this! I also hope that someone addresses the situation with her students... that's scary stuff for children to witness.

Tinkermom
04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I am sitting here in tears for this woman, her husband, children and parents! Lifting a prayer for complete healing as I type this. Please keep us updated.

amy-rella
04-03-2007, 11:23 PM
How awful! I am very sad for her family and her class. Sending pixie dust. :pixie:

Donald A
04-04-2007, 09:56 PM
This kinda puts life into perspective, doesn't it? What a horrible scenerio. I just said a prayer for this teacher (my age), her husband, and children. God can work miracles!

c&d
04-05-2007, 10:15 AM
My prayers go out to the family.

My mother was in a coma and I know what they are going thru. It is probably the most surreal thing that a family can go through. You just really don't know what to do.

Christine
04-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Bad news today. The neurologist said she has absolutely no brain activity and is 'gone'.

I do not know if the family intends to turn off the life support at this point or continue on for organ harvesting.

This is truly, truly one of the saddest things I have ever seen.

MsMin
04-06-2007, 12:00 AM
THanks for the update. I'll continue to keep her in my prayers. I know how hard it is for the children too. I hope they have some support for these children. Have they brought in a team to talk to them?

Christine
04-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Have they brought in a team to talk to them?

To my knowledge, there has been nothing done in the classroom. I know there hasn't been anything done school-wide...not even a note sent home. The school has been very 'hush hush' about this.

Now that we know she is not ever coming back to the classroom, they really need to address this. Plus, for almost a week now, those kids have had to deal with the images they witnessed and have had no one to talk to about it. Maybe they are wanting to wait until after the Easter holiday????

Dsnygirl
04-06-2007, 08:41 AM
:( Oh, I can't even imagine what this poor woman's family is going through, not to mention her classroom kids... what very sad news. Do you know - did she have any history of diabetes?? Just can't imagine someone so young going into an irreversible coma so quickly. Sending many prayers her family's way... :angel:

Christine
04-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Do you know - did she have any history of diabetes?? Just can't imagine someone so young going into an irreversible coma so quickly. Sending many prayers her family's way... :angel:

She had not been diagnosed with diabetes before. (And with an 8 month old baby, you know at some point during or after pregnancy they were checking for at least gestational diabetes).

The latest word is that she had been taking some prescription diet pills she got through a doctor in a nearby town. They apparently depleated her system. Her potassium levels were almost non existant, which caused her cardiac arrest in the classroom. The messed up sugar levels/diabetes was apparently the cause of the coma.

January-2007
04-06-2007, 10:16 AM
I am so sorry. When I was in elementary school a friend of mine got a brain tumor and they had an assembly thing for our grade to talk to us about it. It was all very open, and we could talk to people about it. I hope they do something soon at the school to talk to the kids in that class especially, that is such a frightening thing for them to experience. I feel so bad for this woman's family. My prayers will be with you all.

Christine
04-08-2007, 07:29 PM
***UPDATE 4-8-07***

The family made the decision to pull the feeding tube and take her off life support last night.

Please continue praying for this young family as they face this extremely difficult time!

Thanks.

merlinmagic4
04-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm so sorry for this family. It always shocks me because I feel stuff like this just shouldn't happen. i really feel for those kids.

ElenitaB
04-08-2007, 09:54 PM
They continue to be in my prayers. This is so sad. :(

Kristi Kay
04-09-2007, 12:08 AM
This will be in my prayers tonight....

Christine
04-09-2007, 05:15 PM
***UPDATE 4/9/07***

This young teacher, wife, and mother died this afternoon around noon.

I just can't imagine what her husband must feel; losing the love of his life and the mother of their two little babies!

I know that prayers can provide strength. Thanks to you all for praying for this family.

mrsgaribaldi
04-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm so sorry. More prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: on the way now for her family and friends.

poeticeclipse
04-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm terribly sorry. So many prayers and lots of pixie dust being sent up above to her. Hopefully she'll notice all the shiny stuff around her. :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

pogo
04-09-2007, 06:37 PM
May she rest in peace. :(

JMTStone
04-09-2007, 07:39 PM
I pray for her family and the children affected by her loss.

Terra
04-09-2007, 08:13 PM
:cry: no words, just many many prayers to God

Tinkermom
04-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Lifting a prayer for strength and comfort for this family. How sad.:(