PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my Dining Picks?

tinktude
04-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I made my ressie's for table service meals for our trip in Sept!:party: and I just wanted to know what you think.

Whispering Canyon Cafe
Le Cellier
Concourse Steakhouse
Liberty Tree Tavern
Spoodles
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
Boma (Breakfast)

Tell me the truth, good, bad or the ugly;)

TexasPrincessAurora
04-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Fun atmosphere. We've only been for breakfast, but hey, anywhere you can get a milkshake for breakfast is OK in my book. Seriously, it's fun with good basic home-cooking.

Le Cellier - I've found it to be overrated. It's a good restaurant, but I didn't find it to be the be-all, end-all it's made out to be.

Liberty Tree Tavern - You didn't say whether you were doing lunch or dinner here. Both are good. I like the selection variation and higher quality at lunch. Dinner is still delicious though. The mac 'n cheese alone is incredible. The character interaction is lots of fun and it's a relaxing place to eat.

Spoodles - Unique food and a fun atsmophere. Definitely would recommend.

1900 Park Fare (breakfast) - One of our favorite character breakfast around. The food selection on the buffet is top notch and high quality. The character interaction is some of the best around. Their Mad Hatter is spot on and over the top, just like the animated character. Not to be missed!

Boma (Breakfast) - We've only had dinner here so far, but have breakfast ADR's in a few weeks. If breakfast is anything like dinner, you won't be disapponted. The selections are endless, the food unique and delicious, the atmosphere and decor is amazing. I love that they make bite size pastries and desserts so you can try more without filling up too fast.

Natazu
04-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Fun atmosphere. We've only been for breakfast, but hey, anywhere you can get a milkshake for breakfast is OK in my book. Seriously, it's fun with good basic home-cooking.

Le Cellier - I've found it to be overrated. It's a good restaurant, but I didn't find it to be the be-all, end-all it's made out to be.

Liberty Tree Tavern - You didn't say whether you were doing lunch or dinner here. Both are good. I like the selection variation and higher quality at lunch. Dinner is still delicious though. The mac 'n cheese alone is incredible. The character interaction is lots of fun and it's a relaxing place to eat.

1900 Park Fare (breakfast) - One of our favorite character breakfast around. The food selection on the buffet is top notch and high quality. The character interaction is some of the best around. Their Mad Hatter is spot on and over the top, just like the animated character. Not to be missed!

Boma (Breakfast) - We've only had dinner here so far, but have breakfast ADR's in a few weeks. If breakfast is anything like dinner, you won't be disapponted. The selections are endless, the food unique and delicious, the atmosphere and decor is amazing. I love that they make bite size pastries and desserts so you can try more without filling up too fast.
I agree with all these comments.:thumbsup:
You have made good choices.

MMouse6937
04-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I also agree that your choices are great.

I can only comment on Le Cellier as it's the only place on there I've eaten. My DH thought it was the best meal of our trip. I have heard things have slid a little bit, but still always a must on our trip.

We are going to try the Concourse Steakhouse and Boma this trip for the first time. We were going to do 1900 Park Fare, but it's down for refurb when we're there.

Have fun, looks like you're going to have some really good food!! :thumbsup:

maizey05
04-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Our meal at Concourse was one of our faves! With the dining plan and all it includes, we were absolutely stuffed there. No one finished their meal. They have great steaks and desserts. I loved the creme brulee.

tinksmom02
04-03-2007, 10:03 PM
I can only comment on LeCellier and 1900, but from what I've read here, all your choices sound great! They're ALL on my must-try list for whenever I can get back to DW!

We really enjoyed LeCellier, even my mom, who's not really a steak person. This was DD4's favorite meal of the week, but she's quite a carnivore LOL Cheese soup and pretzel breadsticks are fabulous!

1900 was a fantastic breakfast! Made to order omelettes--yum! Beautiful restaurant, be interested to see what it looks like after rehab. And I think the best service we had was here. Our waitress never let our OJ glasses more than half empty before she was there for a refill. And the characters were great--DD had had a section of her hair wrapped, and the Mad Hatter started playing with it and asked her if it was a tea string, could they dunk her in their tea cups? Pooh and Tigger were walking around, too, and Mary was in the entranceway. Great time!

Enjoy all your great choices!

Mnchknbrat1982
04-04-2007, 04:02 PM
not sure if you realize this but 1900 Park Fare breakfast will not be in its normal location when you are there. Its going to be under rehab
July 9- October 1st. It will be a preplated meal at the Grand Floridian Cafe

SBETigg
04-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Looks like a great lineup. Enjoy your trip!

tinktude
04-04-2007, 05:03 PM
The woman who took my reservation told me that it will be back at the normal location by the time we get there. I am hoping that she is correct.

disneyfan1124
04-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Wonderful choices!

DH and I have anniversary dinner at Le Cellier every year and it's always special. Your steak will come out exactly as you order it-I don't know how they do it but it's the only restaurant that DH can get his steak the way he likes it right off the bat!

Boma is our favorite restaurant on property! We love it there so much that we named our dog after it! Be sure to eat a more lite meal the night before breakfast, you'll want to try lots of things. Sample the new and different too-that's what's great about a buffet! No matter where we stay, we always do at leat one dinner and one breakfast there.

Enjoy! --now I'm hungry!!

poeticeclipse
04-04-2007, 06:45 PM
I made my ressie's for table service meals for our trip in Sept!:party: and I just wanted to know what you think.

Whispering Canyon Cafe
Le Cellier
Concourse Steakhouse
Liberty Tree Tavern
Spoodles
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
Boma (Breakfast)

Tell me the truth, good, bad or the ugly;)

Whispering Canyon Cafe- Never been but it sounds fun and energetic. The food isn't the highlight i'm assuming.

Le Cellier- In less than 2 months i'll be trying that cheese soup! mmmm mmmm mmm.. good choice!

Concouse- It's a hit or miss kind of place. I think it really depends on your waiter and what you order.

Lib Tree- I don't think you can go wrong with family style comfort food. Good choice!

Spoodles- Another one I can't wait to try. Lots of variety on the menu. And it's at the Boardwalk so it gets two thumbs up on that alone!

1900 Park- The only one on your list that i've enjoyed (twice). It's super fun and the food is great. Mad Hatter is such a ball! The atmosphere isn't anything special but the characters make up for it.

Boma- I don't think you can go wrong with breakfast anywhere. Especially at AKL. It'd be fun to try something new and different.

Great choices all around! I think you have a good variety.

MsMin
04-04-2007, 07:00 PM

:ditto:
Concourse-- we had a fantastic waiter but I hated the prime rib - overdone with Rosemary to the point it was bitter. Girls had the filets and they were over cooked and you know how the rhythm gets off when everyone doesn't get their food at the same time. I wouldn't order the prime rib there again:( I think if I had ordered something different I would have been more positive.

KODABEAR
04-05-2007, 05:10 AM
They all look great, have fun!!!

mrsgaribaldi
04-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Le Cellier, the only one I ever ate at. Food is very good and staff is very nice. Get the dessert shaped like a moose, it's so cute. I took a picture of someone elses :blush: