PDA

View Full Version : when is the best time for DLR?

tinktude
04-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Can anyone tell me when the best time to visit DL is?

I think that we are planning to go next year around the last week in october through the first week in November.

What are the crowds like? This will be my second time, but my DH, DS, DD's first time going to DL.

What do you recommend?

tinkwest
04-07-2007, 08:49 AM
The crowds can be heavy during that time of year because of the popularity of the Holiday Haunted Mansion. But I would not call it excessively crowded. If you can give yourself enough days to visit it should be very nice. I really liked the autumn decorations they had up last year.

NotaGeek
04-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Can anyone tell me when the best time to visit DL is?

I think that we are planning to go next year around the last week in october through the first week in November.

What are the crowds like? This will be my second time, but my DH, DS, DD's first time going to DL.

What do you recommend?

As long as your visit includes some time on Tues-Thursday you should be able to walk on most rides, weekends will be busy, as tinkwest said, due to Haunted Mansion Holiday and just general weekend crowds. Fireworks will usually only run Friday-Sunday, so keep that in mind!

Fall is WONDERFUL at Disneyland and their new Halloween party got really good reviews last year! :mpumpkin:

LoriMistress
04-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Halloween will be crowded. Though, DLR & DCA will take 2-3 days to do completely. DH and I were tired of Disney after the third day. As long as you go during the weekdays, you'll be able to hit every attraction you want. If you go during the weekends, or a holiday where government/state workers have off, I would stay clear of the parks on those days.

autumn
05-03-2007, 07:28 PM
maybe go a little earlier if you can. in september the parks are practically empty. if you are there on a weekday, you will walk on every single ride except peter pan (what IS that?!?!?). i love that time of year; it's like a fantasy world. LOVE IT!!!!!:thumbsup: