PDA

View Full Version : Newbie 3/10 - 3/17 trip report Day 6

Ginger205b
04-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Day six was a great relaxing day. Since we had already hit all of the parks, we used this day to go back and do what we missed or wanted to go back and do again. We slept in a little and headed out to Magic Kingdom at about 10:30. My husband really liked Mickey's Philharmagic so we decided to head back to Fantasyland. As we were entering Fantasyland, the saxophone quartet was playing a set and we stopped to enjoy that. They were playing "Cruella DeVil" and my husband grabbed my hand and we just started dancing right there. We had so much fun and they made a big deal about our dancing. The next song they played was "Under the Sea" and the kids really enjoyed singing along with that. We moved on and went to Mickey's Philharmagic with about a 10 min. wait. After Mickey's we went back to the Haunted Mansion
- no wait. After that DD wanted to go try Buzz LIghtyear again so we headed back over to Tomorrowland. There was a little wait for Buzz so we grabbed fast passes for it. The Monster's Inc. Comedy Club happened to be open so we decided to try it out. We had about a 5-minute wait for that. We were pleasantly suprised at the Comedy Club. It was a cute show and the reactions of the people in the audience made it fun. They really played along so it was quite entertaining. By the time the Comedy Club was over we had only aout a 15 min. wait for our fast passes to Buzz so we just sat, enjoyed the sun and people watched. Well, I don't know what happened again on Buzz but just like day two, I came out with the high score again!!! This time my score was double that of my first try. My video game guru-son was not pleased with me at all because I had to rub it in again....just a little. After Buzz, we were getting kinda hungry so we hopped on over to Cosmic Ray's. Boy was it crowded, but the food was quite good (they have a tasty pasta salad!) We were able to grab a table and listened to Ray while we ate. After lunch, DD decidedd she would like to ride BTMRR again so we headed back through Fanatasyland toward Frontierland. The wait for BTMRR was about 45 min. and DD decided she didn't want to ride it again that badly so we started to head over to Adventureland. On the way we caught Woody's Roundup parade and I got cute pics of that. We decided to check out the Tiki room and waited about 10 min. for that. It was a cute show with Zazu and Iago. After the show we decided we would head back to Epcot for a while. On the way out of Magic Kingdom we stopped in at the Emporium and shopped a little. DD got a charm bracelet and some charms and DS stayed out on Main St. to enjoy the band and dancers. We said good-bye to Magic Kingdom and took the monorail over to Epcot. When we got to Epcot, we headed over to the Seas to check out Nemo and Crush while DS ran to Mission Space to get fast passes for the orange team (just for himself and DH). He caught back up with us while we were in line for Nemo. We weren't blown away by Nemo but.... we had the best time in Turtletalk with Crush!! We laughed 'til we cried. After Crush we headed over to Ellen's to pass time until time for Mission Space. We were not expecting much but came away pleasantly surprised -- definitely worth doing. As we left Ellen it was time for Mission Space. DD and I went for the green team while DS and DH went for Orange. Unfortunately while they were in line, they had technical difficulties and didn't get to ride orange again. Next we headed out to the world showcase and it started raining. This was the first rain we had had all week. We slipped our ponchos out and continued on working our way around from Mexico to Canada. We had dinner resis for Le Cellier at 8:50 p.m. but we got there a little early and they got us right in. I know this is a very popular restaurant but I'll have to say our experience was not great. Our server was in training and she seemed very awkward and uncomfortable... but nice. Our steaks just weren't what we were expecting but they were OK. When we left, the crowds had already disbursed after Illuminations and we exited at a leisurely pace. All in all it was a good ,relaxing day......

quicksand
04-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Love those relaxing days at Disney. Congrats on the high score!:number1:

pogo
04-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Another excellent Disney day under your belt !:thumbsup:

I'm picking up some info that we can use during our next trip. :mickey:

Thanks for sharing. :D

Bethis26fan
04-02-2007, 08:26 PM
sounds like a great day.

faline
04-03-2007, 11:16 AM
I never seem to get very good scores on Buzz Lightyear! Congrats on your scores!

Relaxed days at Disney are just the best!

sleepingbooty
04-03-2007, 11:25 AM
We like to go back and hit all our favorites on our last day as well. I think we have a lot of the same favorites as you!:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 04:11 PM
I always keep the last day or two of our trips as open as I can. It is such fun to just go where the day and your mood strikes you and ride your favorites. Sounds like you really had a fabulous day. Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: