PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plans...feedback, please

dolphinmickey9170
04-02-2007, 01:37 PM
We are doing the diningplan because everyone likes a big meal per day and then just a counter service. This works well for my family and we actually save money. For 4 of us we spend close to $180 for a big meal. With the plan, we spend far less.

Anyway, sorry, I was hoping for some feedback on our dining choices:

Here goes,

Sun 5/6 - O'hana at 2000 for EMH at MK
Mon 5/7 - Mama Melrose's at 1750 for Fantasmic Pkg.
Tue 5/8 - Crystal Palace Bkfst @ 0805 not on DP; Spirit of Aloho @ 2000.
Wed 5/9 - LeCellier @ 1900
Thurs 5/10 - Whispering Canyon @ 1900
Fri 5/11 - Rose and Crown @ 2000
Sat 5/12 - Plaza Rest @ 1300 not on DP; Wolfgang Express (CS)
Sun 5/13 - Mother's Day Dinner at Cinderella's @ 1900.
Mon 5/14 - Sci-Fi @ 1510.
Tue 5/15 - Boardwalk somewhere? Maybe Brewing Co.?? Not on DP.
Wed 5/16 - Coral Reef @ 1300
Thurs 5/17 - Tony's @ 1830.

Any thoughts?
And what are the best places for CS breakfast?

wedrod
04-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Wow, looks like you have a long trip planed. Good choices with O'hana and Le Celier. Whispering Canyon also gets high marks in my book. I would look into doing ESPN instead of the Brewing CO.,never had any luck with the meals there. Have a great time.

SBETigg
04-02-2007, 02:00 PM
'Ohana is a favorite, but all are good choices. My only suggestion is that I would go lighter at Sci Fi and do it out of pocket, then save the dining credits for Spoodles on the Boardwalk. Have a great time!

Natazu
04-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Most CS breakfasts are pretty much the same. I can't think of one that stands out at the moment.

The only think I see on your schedule I'd change is Sci-Fi. Some people like it; that's fine. I just hate to see it as someone's only meal for the day. :twocents:

Everything else looks good. I think Spoodles is about the best at Boardwalk.

dolphinmickey9170
04-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Most CS breakfasts are pretty much the same. I can't think of one that stands out at the moment.

The only think I see on your schedule I'd change is Sci-Fi. Some people like it; that's fine. I just hate to see it as someone's only meal for the day. :twocents:

Everything else looks good. I think Spoodles is about the best at Boardwalk.
Great idea about the sci-fi day......what's good at Spoodles? I have never been.

MsMin
04-04-2007, 12:40 AM
We loved Spoodles. I think I had the NY Strip.. I know it was steak- grilled to perfection. The appetizers were great- I had the calamari. We were 7 of us and had a variety at the table and everyone was very pleased with the meal-- even the bread.
It's the one that's a must to go back to on our next trip -- it was just that good.

Natazu
04-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Great idea about the sci-fi day......what's good at Spoodles? I have never been.
Garlic Shrimp – plump, juicy, tender shrimp. The garlic sauce was tasty, not too much garlic or lemon. I highly recommend it.

NY Strip – Prepared exactly as ordered. The cuts are good and the meat was tender. The horseradish chive cream drizzle is a little over the top. We were about 50/50 on the sweet potato fries but the entree as a whole is great.

Margarita Flatbread - one of my favorite flatbreads at Disney, almost as good as California Grill

dolphinmickey9170
04-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Natazu, that all sounds yummy...I think I just might have to change my ressies. I can't wait. We are down to 30 days!!

dolphinmickey9170
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
OK, you all talked me into it. I called today and changed my ressies to Spoodles. I am so excited, I can't wait. Thank you everyone for the great ideas. 29 more days!